Legion TD War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

request Demi-Human

5 posters

Go down

request Demi-Human Empty request Demi-Human

Post  Olegator Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:21 am

Can you write a guide on Demi-Human race pls? Especially 3.41 version.

Last edited by Olegator on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : version listing)

Olegator
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

request Demi-Human Empty Re: request Demi-Human

Post  NuubCakes Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:19 am

i would also very much appreciate a demi-human guide. lol

NuubCakes
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  Nortan Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:00 am

Edit: This is a failure, but I spent 2 hours on it so I'm not going to erase it...

I don't wanna! I don't even like demi-human, it's so bleh. You can make it work, but magic levels are a pain in the @ss. Bigfoot stun is neat, however I think they suck overall and the oracle doesn't make up for it. It's just a really weak end level race and the only thing I can even think to make at the end is mutant or mass medicine man!?!? IT'S A WEAK RACE; there I said it. You people are so cruel; I am not doing undead!!
lvl 1 x1minataur x1 goblin scientist [295 value]

-(x1 wisp during lvl [2/0])

lvl 2 x1 goblin sciestist [345 value] Leak the dino alone if you get one

-save

lvl 3 x2 tribesmen [505 value] leak the furbolg alone if you get one

-(x1 wisp during the lvl [3/0])

lvl 4 x1 alpha male [645 value]

-save

lvl 5 x1 alpha male x1 tribesmen [865 value]

-(x1 wisp + 60l/60g upgrade [4/1])

lvl 6 tribesman [945 value] Close hold

-save

lvl 7 alpha male + tribesman [1165 value]

-(FARM x1 wisp [5/1])

lvl 8 x1 alpha male [1305 value]

-save

lvl 9 x1 minataur [1580 value]

-(x1 wisp + 80g/80 lumber upgrade [6/2]) You'll be a little short of 7/2 I think

lvl 10 (x1 alpha male [1720 value]) that's 2 minataurs 1 goblin scientist and 5 alpha males for lvl 10

-Do a 7/4 push during lvl 10 and going into arena

lvl 11 no build

-FARM/save

lvl 12 x1 bigfoot [2045 value] lol I leaked 7 against only 3 dinos, fricken demi-human. WHATEVER. Try to position the bigfoot to die after the minataur. My bigfoot died first and that sucked.

-save

lvl 13 x1 bigfoot x1 tribesman [2450 value] WOW 17 leak okay I GIVE UP FOR NOW WTF OUCH. How the hell do you do that level without like 3000 value? UGH DEMI-HUMAN!!!!!!! alpha males are not cutting it.

After this it would be more melee for 14 then mutants I guess for 16/17...overbuild like crazy for 20 because demi-human blows for 20. This will be harder than I thought, you'll need mistress and more alphas for 13, which only complicates 14. 16 is extremely difficult and you have to overvalue 20 generally to get it down.

Nortan
Nortan
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  Nortan Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:42 am

Attempt #2 Edit: Failure #2 there goes another hour

lvl x1 alpha male + x1 goblin engineer [290 value]

-(x1 wisp during the lvl [2/0]

lvl x1 goblin engineer (360 value)

-save

lvl 3 tribesman x2 [520 value] lvl 3 scared me because of alpha medium armor.

-(x2 wisp [4/0]

lvl 4 x1 tribesman [600 value]

-save

lvl 5 x1 alpha male x1 tribesman [820 value]

-(60g/60L upgrade [4/1])

lvl 6 x1 alpha male [960 value]

-save

lvl 7 x1 harlot [1140 value]

-FARM (x1 wisp [5/1])

lvl 8 x1 alpha male [1280 value]

-save

lvl 9 x1 minatataur [1555 value] lol I leaked 2 with a dino and 3 peasants.

-(x1 wisp 80g/80L upgrade [6/2]) 7/2 if you can aford

lvl 10 x1 alpha male [1695 value]

-7/4 push again

lvl 11 no build

-FARM/save

lvl 12 x1 minataur [2020 value] leaked 8 against x2 dino and x1 ice troll this race is irritating. hoping they send nothing is a stupid strategy *sigh*

-save

lvl 13 x1 mistress x1 harlot x1 tribesman [2460 value] 17 leak against 2 dinos.........LOLOLOLOLOL Is slave master the hidden secret or something? I doubt it, but I'm running out of ideas.

Nortan
Nortan
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  Nortan Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:38 am

Last attempt. If this doesn't work then I give up. FAIL I give up!!! 3 hours and getting only bad results at lvl 12/13. This is officially the first race I give up on that I have made an attempt at.

lvl 1 x1 slave master x1 goblin engineer x1 servent [270 value]

-(x1 wisp [2/0)

lvl 2 x1 tribesman [350 value]

-(x1 wisp [3/0]

lvl 3 x1 slavemaster [470 value]

-(x1 wisp [4/0])

lvl 4 x1 alpha male [610 value]

-(If you can aford it do 60g/60l upgrade - you need 160 gold after this level) Level gives ~206 gold (I got 204 gold with only a peasant and had 161 gold when the level ended lol. got the upgrade though)

lvl 5 x2 tribesman [770 value]

-save

lvl 6 x1 harlot [950 value] lol close hold...

-save

lvl 7 x1 alpha male x1 tribesman [1170 value]

-FARM x1 wisp [5/1]

lvl 8 x1 alpha male [1310 value]

-save

lvl 9 x1 minataur [1585 value]

-(x1 wisp 80L/80G upgrade [6/2]) I was able to get 7/2 with 11 gold to spare.

lvl 10 x1 alpha male [1725 value]

-7/4 push

lvl 11 no build

-FARM/save

lvl 12 x1 bigfoot x1 servent [2090 value] Leaked 11 against 3 dinos...I give up I suck with demi-human I guess. It simply can not hold 12/13 with values that allow you to income at a decent rate. Sorry for wasting your time reading this junk. I'm sure I could make it work with incoming really poorly, but there is no fun in that. 7/4 after 10 should be a minimum goal with 2 lumber pushes after lvl 14 and 17 respectfully. Currently I can only see this working by getting fed by teammates to make an inflated value. Perhaps I need to look into more mistress use...I don't trust her though.

...*grumble*... I don't even like demi-human...*grumble*

Last edited by Nortan on Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Nortan
Nortan
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  Nortan Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:41 am

Once again, I'm sorry. Someone else help them out please.

Edit: 12 and 13 were doable by replacing the alpha males with mistress (however you would go about doing that). I tried 16 by adding 2 juiced mutants with 3500 value, but leaked 16 with 0 send.
Nortan
Nortan
Neotank

Back to top Go down

request Demi-Human Empty Demi-human

Post  tasos Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:30 pm

At first i gave up on demi-human 2 but recently i saw some1 playing him realy good in both killing waves and income. Demi isnt a builder that follows the typical rules if u want t be good u dont build near walls, you build in circles with a shaman in the midle and the 70% of the units u build are tier1. We all failed as demi human becouse we were trying t build him as a regular builder but i saw this 2-3 times from the same person and it worked fine, he normaly had 7-15 before or at 20 i dont realy remember and few to 0 leaks. Maybe if some1 spent time on this type of building he can find a good playstyle for demi-human, personaly i h8 him 2.

tasos
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  supersexyy Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:19 pm

Are you playing on Ent with saving? Most people start with engineers as it allows you to push income a lot harder.

Level 1: Push 3/1 2 engineer (upgraded tier 1). Place 1 against the wall, 1 next to it and 1 square back
Level 2: Push 4/1 (you will need to send 1 income at least before the tick if you haven't received a send) 3 engineer, place it next to the outside engineer and 1 square back again
Level 3: 5 engineer. Place them behind the 2 engineer which are against the wall

This is where you can deviate.

#1 'YOLO' hard income: Get 1 more engineer and 2 small ones and push income as hard as you can until level 5. For level 6 save 70 gold to build 1 more engineer so you should have a total of 7 engineers and 2 scientists and push income with the rest. For level 7 and 8 build head hunters and whatever you can to mitigate leaks (you will leak huge on both of these levels but your income should make up for it). This build is a difficult 'pro' build and works better in a team who saves and sends hard.

#2 Conservative build. Level 4+5 build head hunters in front of engineers (use gold as best you can depending on your leaks).
Levels 6+7 make harlots + engineers with spare gold
Level 8 Up tribes into alpha males (make engineers with spare gold.

Here you can choose your build again.

#1 Hard income: Push income balls out and make juiced mutants to reduce your leaks on 12. You should be around 7/5 on arena with minimum 100 income.
#2 Hold 10 build. Push to 7/2, make a harlot to hold 9 with engineers with spare gold. Mass alpha males for 10.

A few notes: Don't build minotaur/bigfoot ever until level 11 at the earliest. If you build a minotaur try to upgrade it to a bigfoot asap. Minotaurs suck. Don't build 2 minotaurs next to each other or they will stun the same units.
Don't upgrade harlots until level 13 at the earliest
Don't use oracles until level 13 at the earliest

supersexyy
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

request Demi-Human Empty Demi-human build

Post  tasos Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:07 pm

Hello,
Supersexy can you pls upload a demi-human replay? From your comment i supose you are a fine demi and i want t see it.Ofc you wont change him till 19-20 the point of this replay is to see a demi working. As for the build you suggested, wont it leak the hell if u get a wave 1 dino?

tasos
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Nortan Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:16 am

tasos wrote:Hello,
Supersexy can you pls upload a demi-human replay? From your comment i supose you are a fine demi and i want t see it.Ofc you wont change him till 19-20 the point of this replay is to see a demi working. As for the build you suggested, wont it leak the hell if u get a wave 1 dino?

It does leak on lvl 1 a small amount. I wouldn't suggest getting 3/1 before 4/0 either. As far as lvl 1 you can use 2 upgraded engineers with 2 nonupgraded engineers and still get 3/0 immediately. This way even with send you should only leak the whelp/dino. Please keep in mind that my replys to this thread were from 2 years ago and my experience as a player has increased since then.

Even now I can see issues demi-human has on it's own that make it a weak race. The only units that stick out for 3.41 demi-human are alpha male and juiced mutants. Medicine man,  servant, harlot, and minotaur all suck. Oracles buff is good but not early on. Oracle is one of the best units at the very end of the game because it can spread it's buff to almost every unit.

Let me save you the time and tell you do NOT use this race. It has very obvious flaws that make it hard to use. The most viable build is engineer lead with heavy alpha male use. Barely able to hold lvl 7 with 4 alpha makes and 1130 value when all you send is a goul and 2 miliita. A furbolg would destroy it. 1510 value and still can't hold lvl 9 with easy send. I was not able to comfortably get 7/3 before lvl 10 which is my usual goal with any race. I had to settle on 7/2 (especially with leaking 10 zombies on lvl 9). 7/3 is a good goal as it allows you to aim for 7/5 if you hold lvl 10. 1720 value and leaked 8 on lvl 11. Here's the replay I took at that awful attempt:

http://rghost.net/57916813

The obvious answer to fix this is to use bigfoot. However, bigfoot is actually really hard to use and pretty awful. It has issues on lvls 1 - 5 and makes it crazy difficult to income. Harlot is unquestionaly bad as well. Here's a replay of me messing around with getting a bigfoot while stuggling to both income and not leak. Small leak on 5 and 8. Forced to overbuild a lot until lvl 6 and barely hold lvl 6.

http://rghost.net/57917498

I have no good suggestions for this race. You will NEED to overbuild and income poorly to prevent yourself from leaking. Both those replays were done with debug and me sending only easy stuff to myself but still struggling not to leak. This race is simply one of the weakest races on it's own. HOWEVER, alpha males and engineer/mutant are actually pretty decent in 3.41 so they can be useful from prophet and almost every 3.41 game is -hpgmcb prophet. Maybe if minotaur or harlot didn't suck quite so much it wouldn't be so awful.

I tried one more time using a harlot alpha male mix. The result was still underwhelming but halot spam is probably better then bigfoot early on.

http://rghost.net/57917844

If you can avoid it do not play this race.

supersexxy wrote:Are you playing on Ent with saving? Most people start with engineers as it allows you to push income a lot harder.

Level 1: Push 3/1 2 engineer (upgraded tier 1). Place 1 against the wall, 1 next to it and 1 square back
Level 2: Push 4/1 (you will need to send 1 income at least before the tick if you haven't received a send) 3 engineer, place it next to the outside engineer and 1 square back again
Level 3: 5 engineer. Place them behind the 2 engineer which are against the wall

This is where you can deviate.

#1 'YOLO' hard income: Get 1 more engineer and 2 small ones and push income as hard as you can until level 5. For level 6 save 70 gold to build 1 more engineer so you should have a total of 7 engineers and 2 scientists and push income with the rest. For level 7 and 8 build head hunters and whatever you can to mitigate leaks (you will leak huge on both of these levels but your income should make up for it). This build is a difficult 'pro' build and works better in a team who saves and sends hard.

#2 Conservative build. Level 4+5 build head hunters in front of engineers (use gold as best you can depending on your leaks).
Levels 6+7 make harlots + engineers with spare gold
Level 8 Up tribes into alpha males (make engineers with spare gold.

Here you can choose your build again.

#1 Hard income: Push income balls out and make juiced mutants to reduce your leaks on 12. You should be around 7/5 on arena with minimum 100 income.
#2 Hold 10 build. Push to 7/2, make a harlot to hold 9 with engineers with spare gold. Mass alpha males for 10.

A few notes: Don't build minotaur/bigfoot ever until level 11 at the earliest. If you build a minotaur try to upgrade it to a bigfoot asap. Minotaurs suck. Don't build 2 minotaurs next to each other or they will stun the same units.
Don't upgrade harlots until level 13 at the earliest
Don't use oracles until level 13 at the earliest

I can agree with most things said here. You can go heavy engineers to push income early but I'm not a fan of the "yolo" strategy as you'd leak a lot of lvl 4 and beyond to get that lumber and end up having an awful time trying to recover. As for the "conservative" play that was something I tried to show but demi-human just sucks and can't hold those levels well. You are just making things a lot harder on yourself playing it.
Nortan
Nortan
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down