Legion TD War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Request GHOST

4 posters

Go down

Request GHOST Empty Request GHOST

Post  ktflk Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:00 am

I can't even understand how to play them with income. Help please

ktflk
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Request GHOST Empty Re: Request GHOST

Post  Nortan Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:11 pm

I'll give it a shot!! Soul of hero plays a big role in the beginning for me. Hopefully someone is better at ghost than me, because I feel that my build is weak. However, the race as a whole is weak in the beginning from my perspective.

lvl 1 x1 wanderer + x1 outcast (250 value) close hold against a whelp

-(x1 wisp before/during/after the lvl [2/0])

lvl 2 (x1 soul of hero [370 value])

-(x2 wisps during lvl [4/0])

lvl 3 x1 wanderer in the back [420 value]

- save

lvl 4 x1 phantom [545 value] close hold

-(60L/60G upgrade [4/1])

lvl 5 x1 phantom x1 hellraider [800 value]

-(x1 wisp during the lvl [5/1])

lvl 6 x1 hellraider [930 value]

-save

lvl 7 x1 forsaken one [1140 value]

-(x1 wisps [6/1])

lvl 8 x1 phantom x1 spectator [1290 value] close hold

-(80g/80l upgrade [6/2])

lvl 9 x1 soul of villian [1410 value]

-save

lvl 10 x1 wrath x1 apparition [1750 value] Altogeth thats 1 soul of hero 1 soul of villian 1 forsaken one 2 hellraisers 1 phantom 1 apparition and 1 wraith for lvl 10

-(100G/100L upgrade during lvl 10 and 120G/120L after [7/4])

lvl 11 no build

-save

lvl 12 x1 outcast upped to forsaken (note: you probably can't afford this and will have to do x1 out with x1 soul of hero OR x2 soul of hero) [2090 - 2160 value]

-save

lvl 13 x1 phantom x1 hellraider x1 soul of hero [2515 - 2585 value]

-save

lvl 14 x1 outcast x1 phantom x1 hellraiser [2970 - 3040 value] difficult lvl you'll probably leak Very Happy

x2 lumber upgrades [7/6 - 7/7]

lvl 15 x1 hellraiser [~3150 value]

Hmm make hellraisers/forsaken ones for lvl 17 then get 2 more lumber upgrades after 17 [7/8 - 7/9]. From here make mercurial and meridians for lvl 20. Ghost is rather tough to use in my opinion and hard sends could cause devistating leak on some levels. I honestly try to avoid using ghost unless I am forced to. In -sd I'll use just about anything else besides ghost, with the exception of undead. Undead is broken however...which is why AR can be extremely unforgiving. Hope this helped a little. Ghost can be good to switch to after lvl 20 due to the aura from apparition/gravekeeper and meridian range, but it is a difficult race to begin with in my opinion.

Nortan
Nortan
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  Olegator Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Can you tell me how I need to position my units? Cause I once completed lvl 10 without no leaks, but every now and then I leak 2 draenei Crying or Very sad

Olegator
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  NERV Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:08 am

Olegator wrote:Can you tell me how I need to position my units? Cause I once completed lvl 10 without no leaks, but every now and then I leak 2 draenei Crying or Very sad

Try to build more focused on one side of the lane, like all units on the right side if you are red-blue, left side for teal-purple.

Here's the ten first levels oof my ghost build 3.41:
The letter follows the tower's hotkeys.
Code:

1:   
v:200   
        |wall
- - - - r| r= Outcast
- - - - -|

2:   
v:325   
        |
- - - - r|
- - - - e| e= Phantom

3:   
v:450   
        |
- - - - r|
- - - e e|

4:   
v:580   
        |
- - - - r|
- - - e E| E= Hellraiser

5:   
v:790   
        |
- - - - R| R= Forsaken One
- - - e E|

6:   
v:920   
        |
- - - - R|
- - - E E|

7:   
v:1120   
        |
r - - - R|
- - - E E|

8:   
v:1330   
        |
R - - - R|
- - - E E|

9:   
v:1500   
        |
R - - - R|
- - - E E|
- - - - V| V= Soul of Villain

Level 10 and 11:   
v:1750   
        |
R - - - R|
- - - E E|
- - - a V| a= Apparition

From level 12 to level 18 you can keep adding more Hellraiser's and more Forsaken One's.

Code:

19:
v:5300         
             |   
- R R R R R R R R R|   
- - - - - E E E E E|   
- - - - - - - - a V|   
- - - - - - - - - s| s= Dark Priest   

20:
v:+5625         
             |   
- R R R R R R R R R|   
- - - - - E E E E E|   
- - - - - - - - a V|   
- - - - - - - s - s|   

Note: You may or may not leak level 20 with only 2 Dark Priest, but if you have 3 its 100% leak proof.

For arena and on:

- build another Apparition and upgrade it, so you can have your aura stacked for arena battle. This aura is pretty damn great because protects you against demon's aura, so you only have to worry about the demon itself, and the forsaken ones are really good tanks and the Hellraiser are good killers. You don't need more than one of each aura.

- keep adding more Forsaken Ones, as they are your main tanker.

- You can complete the row of Hellraiser, but don't do it too fast. Your main units are the Forsaken ones and secondly, Dark Priest.

- Add one (or two if you have the gold) dark priest per round.

Question: To Meridian, or not to Meridian?
Answer: Meridian is a expensive unit, it has some great damage, but its too much of a single target unit, thus making it almost obsolete against waves full of creeps. His slow and AoE explosion are cool, but if wasn't for them, Meridian would possibly be the worst creep killing unit in the game. Also their poor hp pool makes them definitely not a good tanking choice. You can mix them with mana regen aura and try, but i'm not sure how it gonna rolls.

Dark Priest have some slow and a lil AoE as well, and they also attack faster than meridians.
So imo, massing dark priest gives you a better outcome than massing Meridians. You can have some meridians because they are cool and good against bosses (one in level 20 is great! But I wouldn't go for more than 3, srly), Remember you already have Villains, -Dmg aura and some crazy tanks.

For level 30 you should be looking like this:

Code:

LEVEL 30:

R R R R R R R R R R|   Lots of Forsaken ones, obviously more than 10. ^_^
E E E E E E E E E E|   
- V a - V A - - a V|   A = Gravekeper (only 3 villains strategically positioned to reduce armor of all bosses).
s s M s s s s s M s|   M = Meridian (and more and more Dark Priests)

I haven't yet found the exactly ratio of how many dark priest per forsaken ones you should have for level 30, But if you're above rec. value, you'll probably hold. Maybe even under value, Ghost is incredible good in boss levels.
NERV
NERV
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  Nortan Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:31 pm

Thanks for the reply NERV. I don't play ghost much and don't enjoy having to use them from the beginning so I had a rough time trying to make him a build. It's a harder race to use but still has good potential and strong range. Defiantely don't touch meridians until after lvl 17. You'll need proper tanking for them but you can mass them after lvl 20. Thier slow ability becomes pretty decent the more meridians you have and it's really good long range damage and slows for the final levels. Thier slow stacks with the upgraded spectators slow as well I believe. Lvl 24 is REALLY hard with meridians. Without enough tanks lvl 28 can be hard with them as well.
Nortan
Nortan
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  Nortan Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:36 pm

Okay WOAH!!!! Where did you get this build!? A whelp on level 1 will leak 13 - 14 crabs along with the whelp if all you make is one oucast!! This confuses me as much as the nature build that started with only a half breed. I don't get it. Unless you are playing by rule that states you must send on lvl 2 then this is too risky and will ruin your entire game.

Edit: This is why I have a wanderer with my outcast in my lvl 1 build. Recovering from leaking half of lvl 1 is really tough and bad/mediocre players usually just bail immediately when it happens.
Nortan
Nortan
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  Nortan Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:45 pm

Sorry, Clegator. I saw your post but wasn't sure how to reply since I struggle with this race as well. That 7/4 after lvl 10 is really important to me so it's all about setting it up right. A bad split with peasant sends will cause boss leak and I'm not sure on how to avoid that while still keeping that value.
Nortan
Nortan
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  NERV Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:31 am

Nortan wrote:Definately don't touch meridians until after lvl 17.

Thier slow stacks with the upgraded spectators slow as well I believe.

Lvl 24 is REALLY hard with meridians. Without enough tanks lvl 28 can be hard with them as well.

i don't even think about upgrading my dark priests until level 28, lol. They have some power in this round and in the last two, but that's about it. They roll on boss level 20, but its just too much power in one place.

Yeah, looks like their slow debuff stack, looking my eye I mean, but its like for only 1 maybe 2 seconds? Its really short, not sure if Warcraft has some DR, but my guess is it has.
Imo, the Spector and all his family looks cool, but it lacks offensive power, so not worth the 240 gold, specially when you can have another outcast out in the field or upgrade one for less. They really look cool tho.

IMO, I advice having no more than 1 meridian at level 24, if no meridian at all, because you'll probably just wan't 3 of them to debuff your boss at level 30. Not to kill stuff. Not to tank.

Nortan wrote:Okay WOAH!!!! Where did you get this build!? A whelp on level 1 will leak 13 - 14 crabs along with the whelp if all you make is one oucast!! This confuses me as much as the nature build that started with only a half breed. I don't get it. Unless you are playing by rule that states you must send on lvl 2 then this is too risky and will ruin your entire game.

building an outcast at level 1 is pretty common for income rushing. Its just 200 value (like 195 for Halfbreed, in fact these two builds are pretty similar ind their costs), its under rec. value, so you'll probably leak if you get income. There are some combinations out there that won't leak with this low value, but yeah, its a risky you have to take in sake of higher income numbers, and this build can lead you to 7/15. Anyway, no need of this to enjoy the game, but some like it.

i can say these two things:

- without -mastermind you can see if your team are going to get whelps or docs, if so, you better hope they don't come to you, or you go for another build.
- You can save the 100 gold until the level starts to see if you spend it in income, or if you gonna use it for next level.

Anyway that dilemma is the HARDEST PART of this build. if you leak at level 1 and did 1 wisp whatsoever, you won't recover never, because you won't have gold for level 2, and you gonna leak again, and by then you are completely out of the build. Its better to wait and see I guess, if you get enemy income and leak, your leaks have the almost the same loss value of playing -li, which isn't recommended in the first place. If you bet and win, you sir, are a winner.

Also, i'm positive that i've never heard of such rule.

Nortan wrote:Recovering from leaking half of lvl 1 is really tough

You don't need to recover if didn't spent the money.

Nortan wrote:
Edit: This is why I have a wanderer with my outcast in my lvl 1 build.

IT may sound better at debug mode, but in a real game many times this wanderer won't save you and even when he do it, gonna just slow you down even more than if you actually leaked, so my guess is go for 200 value or don't. This wanderer at level 1 will be there until level 9, when he's upgraded to villain, and that 50 gold gonna slow you down a lot. You see, that 200 value at level 1 is a big part of having huge income at the end. Some builds don't need this, but I don't have any other build with ghost at all, just this one.

I always go for outcast at level 1 and I play around it.
NERV
NERV
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down