Legion TD War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3.5 b8 dps per value (Nortan)

2 posters

Go down

3.5 b8 dps per value (Nortan) Empty 3.5 b8 dps per value (Nortan)

Post  Nortan Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:52 pm

Alright so often you want to know which unit to build to get the most damage per second for the gold you use (perhaps not in the beginning though or not without good tanks). Well I got a little bored and calced out the dps of various units you might want to use to see how they matched up when you take into consideration how much gold they cost. Obviously units with splash like dragons/meatwagon/engineer aren't easy to figure out. I tried to compensate for things like messiah and in the case of zues troll champion since it affects thier ability. These are at least close estimates and assume unarmored targets. These are done in dpspg (damage per second per gold). At the end of the game just 1 ghost can be the most dps draining 1% max hp from things with 18k hp.

BTW these do not necessarily mean that one unit it better than the other. They all have their place. You're not going to mass a ton of frail cheap units at the end like aqua spirits even if they are good; there's no room for ridiculous stuff like that and can't do any dps if stuff just dies right away. Too many melee is annoying too because they just get in each others way and can't focus like range.

wolverines [ .72 ] right before they die at <20% health so doesn't count much. before 60% health they are only a [ .4 ]

wind rider [ .713 ] if you somehow only attack things that melia are attacking yet keep switching targets to apply posion dots... without meliai only [~.566 ]

wyvern [ .625 ] with meliai. otherwise [ .5 ] It's great that they focus fire and can stack on eachother. Sometimes they waste attacks on targets that are already going to die by all targeting it at once though.

medusa [ .590 ] Most people wouldn't use this for dps but for how much gold it cost the dot dmg from it's debuff makes it's overall dps good if you just have a couple of them. Don't make a lot.

aqua spirit [ .581 ]  early game splasher signing in!

elite archer [ .563 ]  assuming they are hitting at least one target with meliai debuff. Otherwise only [ .536 ] but still really good

thunderbird [ .546 ] that b7 change really boosted it up there. This thing is OP now at 1 food and 215 gold cost.

hellraiser [ .545 ] great aoe unit

mudmen [ .542 ] a somewhat underrated unit in early game

zues [ .538 ] with meliai AND messiah AND troll champion. Yes I attempted to calculate their combined effect. Completely on thier own zues are only [ .409 ] and nothing special

footman [ .538 ] I really dislike these. Why? They are only really good on lvl 1. By lvl 2 they can't one hit kill and are pretty much useless from there on. If you aren't going to upgrade it immediately then don't bother with it imo.

blasters [ .536 ] when they are overclocked. Otherwise they are just [ .375 ]  and nothing special

juiced mutant [ .535 ] If you don't juice them it's only [ .446 ]

alpha males [ .530 ] when berzerked but they fluctuate between that and thier non berzerked [ .318 ]

high priest [ .529 ] Better with the attack speed drop but frail and need protection

golem [ .524 ] With thier reduced attack speed apparently these are pretty good now.

machine turret [ .522 ] early game champs

machine robot [ .520 ] inferior to your non-upgraded self. So shameful

royal griffin [ .515 ] I don't like using them but apparently their dps is good for their value. Single target they are only [ .294 ] which is terrible.

leviathon [ .512 ] only when there are enough targets for it's ability. Single target it's only [ .422 ] shrapnel can't hit the same target it attacked can it? If it can then [ .452 ] single target

nightmare [ .512 ] I really dislike nightmares though. On ranged levels they are just god awful.

pandaren [ 5.12 ] depends on how many it hits with nova but seems like a fair place since it likely won't get more than one nova off before it dies. Somewhat of a guess though.

zombie [ .510 ] Still sucks imo but better on lvl 1 - 3 now and it's aura range was increased.

cyborg [ .508 ]

greymane [ .503 ] with thier buff.

druid [ .502 ] messiah helps a very tiny amount with these. Otherwise they are [ .500 ] Don't underestimate these things though they are amazing ranged units and this doesn't really account for that first use of their ability at the beginning of each wave.

oceanus [ .501 ] another upgrade that is inferior early on but doesn't cost any food so there is that.

infantry [ .500 ] Is that why I see new players massing them in the beginning?

acolyte [ .500 ] cheap early game magic support

halfbreed [ .499 ] good early game tank that can also put out dmg.

dark priest [ .498 ] normally only [ .453 ] their debuff boosts it up a little assuming the target doesn't die early

violet [ .494 ] good early/mid game unit now with the cost reduction

magnataur [ .494 ] amazing aura and decent dps too

sword mage [ .489 ] No one uses this, why did I even bother? I think he's kind of underrated.

dragonhawk [ .484 ] decent single target dps

fenix [ .481 ] cost reduction made me actually take notice of a tower I tried to avoid

nightcrawler [ .475 ] decent early game unit but very frail.

phantom [ .473 ]

goblin alchemist [ .472 ]

sea giant [ .470 ]

warden [ .462 ]

neotank [ .461 ]

steamroller [ .459 ]

doppleganger [ .457 ]

doomsday [ .445 ]

trident [ .442 ]

pyro [ .435 ] Great unit and it helps that they have choas dmg for all armor types.

krogoth [ .435 ]

Lord of death [ .410 ] These are not dps. These are tanks

assault tank [ .397 ] One of the best tanks in the game imo.

meridian [ .354 ] It's dps actually sucks for the value investment but the range and debuff are worth it.

Hades [ .290 ] This DOES NOT include the summoned zerglings but I wasn't sure what their attack speed was. This is Hades after the zerglings have died or timed out. If you massed hades and wonder why they take forever to clear a wave after their summons die this is why. They are the best tank in the game but aren't designed for dps. assuming the zerglings have a speed of 0.8 it would be [ .528 ] until one of them died. If the attack speed is 0.5 on them it would be [ .671 ] but they are gone fast enough that hades overall dps is still relatively low.
Nortan
Nortan
Neotank

Back to top Go down

3.5 b8 dps per value (Nortan) Empty dps request

Post  tasos Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:33 pm

Can you pls count the dps from tuskar spearman?

tasos
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

3.5 b8 dps per value (Nortan) Empty Re: 3.5 b8 dps per value (Nortan)

Post  Nortan Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:46 am

tasos wrote:Can you pls count the dps from tuskar spearman?

Yeah sure. (16.5 + 12) = 28.5 damage / .6 attack speed = 47.5 dps

47.5 dps / 90g = [ .528 ] dpspg

I'm not sure how the meliai buff works with tuskars so I'm going to assume that +12 cold dmg is magical and not boosted by the debuff.

16.5 X 1.25 = 20.625 +12 = 32.625 damage / .6 attack speed = 54.375 dps

54.375 dps / 90g = [ .604 ]
Nortan
Nortan
Neotank

Back to top Go down

3.5 b8 dps per value (Nortan) Empty TY

Post  tasos Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:10 pm

hello,
thanks i wanted t know that.

tasos
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

3.5 b8 dps per value (Nortan) Empty Re: 3.5 b8 dps per value (Nortan)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down