Legion TD War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Request for our respected, Nortan

3 posters

Go down

Request for our respected, Nortan   Empty Request for our respected, Nortan

Post  2005_TD Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:40 pm

I think that there are some 'unsolved' misteries here, and i want to make this all clear. I was reading all discussions here about who is 'the best' and i figured out that there is one person that can talk about it, Nortan. So, Nortan, you are well known and respected UC clan member that played with all legendary UC members, other epic players, as well as with our Legion superstar Income. My question for you is, what do you think about all those players, what are your impressions and experience, tell us more? Share your experience with us, because you have it. But i don't want political answers here, as 'there is no reason to comare anything', better don't comment anything than post political answer. I want playstyle explanations, compares and all. I feel like you have a lot to say, but you don't for some reason? And please, don't turn this into HighestIncome discussion, i want to hear word or two about every well known player that you played with, not only about HighestIncome. Nothing bad about him of course, jus saying. 

Tower Defense since 2005

2005_TD
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Request for our respected, Nortan   Empty Re: Request for our respected, Nortan

Post  Nortan Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:45 pm

2005_TD wrote:I think that there are some 'unsolved' misteries here, and i want to make this all clear. I was reading all discussions here about who is 'the best' and i figured out that there is one person that can talk about it, Nortan. So, Nortan, you are well known and respected UC clan member that played with all legendary UC members, other epic players, as well as with our Legion superstar Income. My question for you is, what do you think about all those players, what are your impressions and experience, tell us more? Share your experience with us, because you have it. But i don't want political answers here, as 'there is no reason to comare anything', better don't comment anything than post political answer. I want playstyle explanations, compares and all. I feel like you have a lot to say, but you don't for some reason? And please, don't turn this into HighestIncome discussion, i want to hear word or two about every well known player that you played with, not only about HighestIncome. Nothing bad about him of course, jus saying. 

Tower Defense since 2005
I'm really not sure why you are so interested these players. Skilled, well known, and respected are nice terms to use for players but what is with people that keep throwing around the word legendary? In all honestly this type of thread doesn't belong in this forum for guides and replays just as the "most skilled players" and "famous players? 3.41" threads aren't entirely appropriate. However, there is no authority here and no one cares all that much. I will say that it's been long enough (6+months) since I've played with some of these players that giving an accurate depiction of them wouldn't be easy. The only one that I've been playing with recently is Rockabilly1981 and before that p4p4ba3r (he always plays on k-hyeon cause it's his actual name or something and I guess he's embarrassed by his massive amount of total games so he spreads them around. I've heard he has ~6k games total which is crazy). I've seen DeFisch lately but he seemed to want to play with a particular person or two and I just left him alone. A lot of these UC members are closer together with certain people because they know them well or just seem to get along with them. As a U.S. player I don't speak German which most of them like to use over English and I've heard they chat over Skype and such which I definitely wouldn't be able to partake in. I have certain people on my friends list as well that like to play with me whenever I get on which is cool. I enjoy playing with at least one other person then just jumping into a game with completely random people.

As I've said before, IMO, Goibniu and Panicx often didn't perform to the expectations of others based on the amount they played. Goibniu still builds symmetrically as well as some other well known players. The whole symmetrical thing is fun to use for your first 200 - 300 games but you really need to see that it's not optimal no matter how pretty it looks or OCD you are. If I share an aura with a teammate doing everything symmetrically I try to place it so that it throws things off Smile. I believe Goibniu has improved some (I would hope so since he plays so often still) but the both of them often didn't income nearly as well as they could have with the units they had. Defisch, kreutertee, and p4p4ba3r were/are all amazing players and I'm not sure how I would even differentiate them for the sake of your curiosity. It's been a long time since I've played with panicx or bombastic sadly. Rockabilly1981 has proved to be a great player and I like to plYy with him whenever possible but he seems to still occasionally make an error in building (often small things that aren't a big deal and easily recovered from). I make mistakes sometimes too and either learn from them or just realize I wasn't paying attention so I can't blame someone for occasional mistakes.

The biggest reason I don't say a lot about the "playstyle" of these players is because that kind of thing is way too abstract in legion. People sometimes switch up how they use their units just to change things up but for the most part we've all come to use units in a similar fashion. If there was minor variations they are/were too small for me to pay close attention to. The first 10 levels is the key to the game and where playstyle has the most impact since it sets the precedent for future income and ability to hold levels but generally if we had the same units we would use them close to the same way. It's not like I can remember if someone would always use ToK with yggdrasil (I usually try to) or they played around with multiple yggdrasils. There are variations in the way that you can use some of the same units but they aren't significant enough for me to care about or commit to memory. Kreutertee and p4p4ba3r may have been a bit better than some of them at pushing heavy lumber mid levels but I wouldn't say that reflects badly on players that don't and I can't make any definitive statements like that because it really has been quite some time since I've played with them which makes it difficult for me to gauge that type of thing. I simply believe a lot of us just didn't feel that getting 7/15 as early as possible was as significant as people make it out to be nowadays and we like to have a bit more of an appropriate value and just finished incoming after 17 or sometimes not until lvl 20. The whole max the king and use 3000 - 3500 value at lvl 17 with leaking heavily onto the king and blowing through heals for the sake of maxing lumber just wasn't that popular among us. Part of that was just for not taking any risks with poor unit combinations and heavy send but the other thing was that I believe we preferred a "faster pace" to games where things preceded along relatively quickly without too much leak onto teammates or the king. Things were more relaxed then though I suppose. Obviously some of us would max lumber really early and leak heavily on some of the later mid-levels just for fun and since we had great units but more often then not people seemed to be a bit more cautious and wary of the capabilities of their own units as well as lumber save from the enemy. It helps to have at least one good counter teammate for lvl 17 with mass siege and such. I recall that we wouldn't always upgrade the king as much so early either since we didn't plan around heavy leak. Sometimes that would screw us over when we couldn't max him out in time but more often then not it didn't matter and saved us some early income.

I'm sorry since this probably isn't what you wanted as a response :S It's just legion td though and I feel that making a "mystery" out of understanding these long time UC members is a effort in futility.
Nortan
Nortan
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  2005_TD Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:46 am

Ok, thanks so much for your answer man Smile

2005_TD
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  HighestIncome Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:44 am

Because forum members requested more replays from me and because you mentioned me and UC players here, i will share this replay: http://rghost.net/48372026 . In this game you will also see player who is also mentioned here, [Goibniu]. Nice game overall. 
Enjoy

Best Regards, HI
HighestIncome
HighestIncome
Neotank

https://twitter.com/HighestIncome

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down