Legion TD War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legion TD Mega 3.5 (Beta 13), General Discussion and Feedback.

+27
Sebbe
C9.Akai_Shuichi
tasos
OsiRyS
textr
DetDet
xDarkSchneiderX
n0blitz
BossHK
Sneaky Weezy
HighestIncome
von_Oberstain
ReactEnemy
db_savage
vladimir3388
tauceti
Diablo_
Rockabilly[UC]
BlackJohnny
NoHeal4u
sunderkeenin
missgreen
Mr.Teach
Kongk
NERV
Nortan
Saucer
31 posters

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Legion TD Mega 3.5 (Beta 13), General Discussion and Feedback. - Page 7 Empty Re: Legion TD Mega 3.5 (Beta 13), General Discussion and Feedback.

Post  HighestIncome Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:58 am

Edit by NERV: If you want to continue this conversation you can do it by private message.

Last edited by NERV on Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : flame)
HighestIncome
HighestIncome
Neotank

https://twitter.com/HighestIncome

Back to top Go down

Legion TD Mega 3.5 (Beta 13), General Discussion and Feedback. - Page 7 Empty Re: Legion TD Mega 3.5 (Beta 13), General Discussion and Feedback.

Post  Nortan Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:23 pm

It seems to have become a bit hostile.

NERV wrote:Because you say things which have absolute no basis whatsoever

I agree that HI sometimes says things that seem unfair such as claiming to understand the 'original idea' of the map creators. Basically I'm saying that he strongly feels he is correct about what he says when that isn't necessarily the case. I agree with him on some things but on some of the things where I disagree if feels that he'll say whatever he wants on the subject to strengthen his point of view without leaving room for argument. I get a bit annoyed but I've gotten somewhat used to it and try not to hold it against him.

I won't claim to know much of the map makers or their plans, but I'd assume NERV, who has been around for so long, has a better idea of what they had intended, especially before 3.5. As far as I know HI has discussed some of the less recent changes but I can not say who has a better idea of current developing goals. I do believe our thoughts and idea have some influence but it obviously rests with the direction saucer and kong want to take and it might be presumptuous to speak on their behalf.

NERV wrote:Because you're just a prophet/hybrid player, and most, if not all, of your suggestions were based on prophet gameplay, riding against what HuanAk wanted (he wanted regular races to be as strong as prophet).

I would say that, due to diversity, prophet and hybrid will usually be stronger than a standard race. Of course some prophet rolls aren't that good. Prophet and hybrid can be detrimental if you get "nonuseful" rolls/units but unit diversity is powerful. I believe there was little hope for being able to balance heros but I won't say that it was a bad idea for encouraging race use. They were interesting early on, but being locked into the same race for 30 levels in 3X environment can be boring/tedious. Sometimes that even requires a bit of extra commutation for what race you are locked into or what heros you use to get the most benefits for your team. If the heros did balance out diversity of prophet/hybrid it wasn't until later into the game and early on heros seemed a bit strong (especially dark ranger and potm).

Currently I wouldn't know how to go about discouraging prophet and hybrid over standard races. The only beneficial change was the removal of mercenary in this regard but now there is also -ph mode that allows you to pick between prophet or hybrid. This is popular and even before this it seems races have been almost entirely abandoned. Even outside of a balance point of view people have come to like hybrid and prophet more for not being static in nature. Most rolls for prophet are different and you never know what you are going to get with hybrid either. Standard races don't bring that small amount of excitement and change and it's fun to use units together from different races like wyvern with LoD and yggdrasil with mermaid. It seems that HuanAK had a difficult goal to achieve with heros.

HighestIncome wrote:Well can you give me an example for that? There are maybe very little number of cases, but generally fact about balancing stays...

There's been quite a few buffs that are unnecessary for the specific races those towers (units) come from that really only serve to benefit hybrid and prophet players by making those specific towers more useful. Leviathan didn't been to be buffed for mech to still work but people were rarely upgrading tempest cause leviathan was bad. Changing footman didn't really benefit paladins and although thunderbird could be useful to nature it didn't need thunderbird anywhere but perhaps lvl 20 since ygg and other mixed units did just fine (thunderbird was obviously overbuffed though and has now taken over nature). Violet was rarely used by elemental and would still remain underused but it got buffed a bit. With the buffs to meatwagons and recent controversial gold reduction in guardian of death to 300g all those buffs for zombie weren't needed for death to now function fine. Colt attack speed buff is purely a hybrid buff. Nightcrawler doesn't need attack speed reduction and necromancy ability for shadow to function. Even with the hydra nerf marine likely doesn't need trident buff (but trident needed it and it might be viable now). Ghost was fine without the dps increase from dark priest. Dark priest probably doesn't need the mana shield either but it definately can not hurt a tower that is so weak early on and with these changes it won't be as bad to use. A lot of the buffs make towers better but do not directly benefit their own race that already has it's standard options and may or may not need those buffs. I suppose it makes the game easier in the sense that there are less bad things to use like ... tree of life!
Nortan
Nortan
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  Kongk Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:02 am

Hello guys

Its very unfortunate that the once so good discussion took such a negative twist.. I dont see any reasons to debate who suggested what and why.. It is Saucer's and my responsibility, and our's alone.. When people (Count for everyone) suggest something, they do it because they believe in it, and think it is good (even if it is not), then it is Saucer's and my responsibility to make the decisions.. So, generally, if you disagree to something, come to us and NOT who you THINK suggested it.. That being said, it is, of coruse, allright to debate things (suggestions) constructively inside this forum..

(I will now jump the balance part, Saucer may continue the other part at some point)

I know it's starting to sound like a cliché, but I really dont have much time.. I'm about to go on a vacation, so i will be SUPER brief:

- Maga will not be devided into different versions
- All races will stay and balance will be done due to races and not prophet/hybrid

- Lots of the changes that have been made may seem as single unit balance that have been made without taking the race into consideration.. That is not true.. Most of the times the objective was to give all races (even good ones) more different ways of playing it.. Guardian of deaht, for instance, opens a vast number of new playstyles and tower combinations.. I, generally, think that races are decently balanced.. Any race has it's good sides and bad sides, if you disagree here, plz let me know..

-That being said, some units were adjsuted to balance the unit alone (but race is ALWAYS under consideration).. Reasons for doing this are as mentioned; No units should be super overpowered and none should be completely useless..

Best Regards
Kongk

Last edited by Kongk on Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Kongk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saucer Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:28 am

All that nonsense has now been resolved in private between me, Kongk, NERV and HighestIncome.

In principle, we shouldn't be deleting posts that we "disagree" with. On the other hand, HighestIncome shouldn't be stirring up a conflict. That line of negative discussion should have ended long before it did. It's not beneficial to anyone.

NERV is a moderator and it's his job to keep the discussion on track and constructive. If he tells you to stop it, you stop it. And if anyone have an issue with anything or anyone, then please contact me directly. I don't want to see any off-topic following this post.

Moving forward, let's keep the conversation friendly and constructive.

As for the map, Mega will go where Kongk and I take it Wink

We'll respect certain things in order to retain some resemblance to the game that people know. But we'll not limit ourself creatively, or speculate too much about what HuanAK might or might not have done.

And to be blunt, HuanAK isn't here to work on this. We are.

It's enough of a dampener on creative development as it is, being forced to respect certain things with the map that we must. There would be little to no motivation for us to work on Mega at all, if we did not have some amount of freedom to go our own way with this.

On a relevant note, this is why we love working on Revo. It's a clean slate for us and we're not constrained in the same way. We can really shake things up in Revo, and try some new and very different ideas. And we are. And it's awesome! Aaaand... that's another story.

So "yes", we will be doing some things in Mega that align with what HuanAK was working on and what he presumably had in mind (but talking about that is, for the most part, pointless).

And "no", because we will sometimes step outside of that, and make some changes that we feel is a better way to go about something.

Some changes, some of you, will like.

Other changes, some of you, will not like.

That's just the way it is, when you make changes to an established map. But no matter what happends, I'd argue that the map is no worse off than if we hadn't worked on it at all.

If people don't like the changes, then they can simply choose to play any of the previous maps as HuanAK left them. And if people actually do like the changes that we make, then great! Smile

This beta is a work in progress. We hope that the end result will make, at least, some of you people out there happy.

And while we are working on the map, we really and truly do appreciate all the input and suggestions that you provide us along the way Smile

Thank you. Really.

We might have a difference of opinion sometimes, but we always value your feedback. It's also useful for us to know that some people don't like certain changes, and more importantly: a detailed why. If you can express that in a friendly, non-accusative, constructive manner, without stirring up a conflict, then we'll listen to what you have to say, any day of the week.

I'm sorry that I don't have time to comment in here a lot, but I do read everything you write (and so do Kongk).

As for the specifics that was discussed recently: yup, what Kongk said.

We will not fork (divide) the Mega map into different versions, but thank you for the suggestion.

Races and balance adjustments will be done as Kongk explained it.

Saucer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  vladimir3388 Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:40 pm

There shouldn't be a single useless unit in the legion, no matter if you do balance for the regular races or prophet/hybrid. It would be the best if every unit was very effective for some parts of the game, really bad for some other ones and usable for the rest. If some unit is effective for just very few levels, it should be more effective for those than some unit which is better for many other waves. What I'm saying is every T1 unit should be more effective for early levels than some bigger unit which is very effective for mid or late game. Units like Mercurial don't need extra dps or HP, they actually need stronger spells, so they can be even more effective for boss levels, and stay mostly useless for most other levels. It's fine if some unupgraded unit doesn't belong to the same part of effective levels, and that's why I would add more different upgrades for most towers to add more strategy in the game, but it would completely change the game and nobody is ready for something like that, including players and developers. I mean unupgraded unit wouldn't be just a smaller version of upgraded one, but effective for different kind of waves. Like egg and its upgrade for example: from early game tanker to air effective only. Unfortunately egg tanks well until level 10 and the first air level is level 5, so there is level 13 remaining for the upgraded unit only, considering how far is the next air level. Maybe it would be cool if level 5 and level 8 were replaced. It would allow units like engineers to be balanced properly even by returning their splash to land only. Egg upgrade was really good idea, but it's still not good enough against air levels (its current dps is fine, but it needs to be faster attack with smaller dmg per attack). Elite Archer concept is very good, as very effective unit for early game which let's you do some extra income, which sucks for boss levels and late game. The problem is it's very effective until level 17, and no unit should be super effective for that many levels, no matter how much it sucks later (which doesn't so much even in case of elite archer). Archer would be probably balanced properly if it had the same dps/price like in 3.41, but it should be a smaller unit (twice cheaper, twice smaller dmg and HP for example). This way it would be still as effective for early game, but it would start being lame way earlier. What you guys did about it is made it just less super effective for the same length of time it used to be, instead of making it less effective for mid game only, as I just suggested. Problem with Goblin Blaster was high efficiency from level 1 until the some part of late game. No surprise it was know as OP, as I said every unit needs to be strong for some part of game, not like 75% of game length. You did kinda good there by making them leak level 5 with 800 value, which makes them less effective for early game, but it still suggest you to fix alchemists and encourage their usage until the end of early game, and maybe change blaster a bit more and make it usable from mid game. Many T2 units like slave master and soul oh hero should have faster attack speed with the same dps to make them more usable for early game, because their attack is too big and slow for early game, which fits mid game better, where their HP is too low for mid game. That's why those units are not know as very good, because they aren't particularly good for any part of the game.
Highest Income said if every unit was perfectly balanced, all units would be the same, but with different models only. I disagree about that. It Makes big difference if you just change attack rate of 2 completely identical units and keep the same dps, or you make some unit like 10% bigger, but keep the same same dps/price and hp/price. You can make some units with more dps/price and less hp/price to make them dps units and opposite to make them tanky. Each of those combinations has a different efficiency for different waves, which was entire purpose of this post. I know it's very easy for me to talk about those stuff and very hard for developers to make those stuff work this way, but it seemed to me like everyone forgot about those stuff while reading previous posts, so I wanted to remind you guys about that.
Someone was talking prophet is OP compared to regular builders, because of using reroll, but it's not true because you can't reroll with any of those if there is no -cb mode. This way prophet can be better than those builders if you get effective units for each part of game, because each of regular builders are supposed to be lacky for some part of game, but then again, you can get some bad unit combo where you can end up with full support build and not be able to hold most waves properly and do decent income. Hybrid would definitely be the most OP builder without -cb mode, but if someone wants to make a map without -cb, you just need to make hybrid units more expensive.

vladimir3388
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  HighestIncome Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:01 pm

Hello vladimir3388,

Your post is very good, but kinda 'disorganized' so i don't know where to start.

Anyways, I like your 'efficiency' balace idea, where you actually measure the 'degree' of unit's usefulness considering time (stage of the game). It is somewhat already done, but I don't think anyone called it like that yet.

There is a bit different idea (that i think is a bit better, or good in conjunction), which is actually a measure of how much single tower (+upgrade(s)) contributed to your gold gain, income. Since it's not (or it's shouldn't be imo) a question can you "finish" legion or not (reach lvl 30+), main goal of your play is to make maximum possible value at the end, while keeping King somewhat safe in the process. In that sense you can have big variety of units that doesn't look like that they pump your income, but they actually do. For example you have Soul of Villain that you mentioned as useless or fail tower. But if that same useless and fail Villain kills your level 10, that gives you +1-2 lumberjacks, which further creates "snowball" effect that is very underestimated. What am i trying to say is that tower can make "your game" not with one level, but with one "hit". And there is why is your balance idea kinda "plastic" and...unprecise in matter of required balance numbers...

vladimir3388 wrote:Highest Income said if every unit was perfectly balanced, all units would be the same, but with different models only. I disagree about that. It Makes big difference if you just change attack rate of 2 completely identical units and keep the same dps, or you make some unit like 10% bigger, but keep the same same dps/price and hp/price.

First of all, that was obvious joke. Secondly, it is sad that it's actually true, with no further discussion, perfect balance is only possible with all having exactly the same towers, like it or not Smile

About tier1z:
We (Kong+me) spent a lot of time trying to figure out what to do with tier 1 units, since as probably mentioned somewhere here, they are not meant for X3. There was even an option for complete removal of them, which was later abandoned (if i'm correct?). Then I came up with an idea that is kinda similar to "Villain" example, let's make them usefull for specific level or few levels, by the time people will figure out how much important is that actually. And that is what will you see in B12, many changed tier 1 units with new abilities. Honestly I'm not sure how will this work or will it, but I hope we made right step.
If that for some reason shows as a mistake, we will of course discuss further and everyone is welcome to give new ideas for that trouble--making tier onez.

About Hybrid balance that you mentioned: "It is not possible to balance Hybrid."

EDIT**: Lol you actually mentioned Soul of Hero. Example with Soul of Villain is good with what i've said, so let's pretend that you mentioned him Very Happy

Best Regards, HI
HighestIncome
HighestIncome
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  vladimir3388 Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:53 am

Looks like I'll have to organize my posts better, because you got confused too much and forgot the difference between soul of hero and soul of villain. Very Happy
Won't discus the part of soul of villain and boss levels, because everyone who plays legion is familiar with it, so let's talk about tier1 problem.

Anyway, everyone knows T1 problem started with default x3 mode in legion mega. As soon as x3 became popular, all units should've been made at least twice bigger (more expensive, more HP, dps and stuff) to keep the similar game style of x1. The problem is most players liked spamming big powerful units from the start of game in x3, so it was too late to make that big changes in map which already was too popular.

Unupgraded T1 was barely usable in x1, but upgraded forms of few of them are still nice in early game (revenant, militia) and some of them even for level 10 (tuskar, guardian). However, other half of them needs to get cheaper or buffed. Peewee upgrade has just too slow attack rate and too high damage per hit, so same dps with faster attack rate would make it usable like militia. Gnoll needs to be replaced with ranged gnoll who has a crossbow instead of axe. Murlock should be as effective as ghoul, but it should be a smaller version of it, not the clone which is just less effective. T1 is cool for very early game, because some T2 units don't fit that part of game that well as T1 does, because some T2 are too weak if unupgraded and too powerful if upgraded for that part of game (slavemaster, soul of HERO, crusader). No idea what you guys did in B12, about T1, but I hope you didn't ruin some of usable ones. Anyway, what do you think about making all T1 units giving a bit more gold back when sold? Not as much as for crabs, but maybe 70% at least? That would also encourage their usage a bit more, so you can replace them after they get completely useless in very late game.

vladimir3388
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  HighestIncome Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:04 am

First of all I want to say that I'm pretty sure that you won't see 70% sell price, so let's move on...

T1-T2 analysis: In X3 mode your early game is based on T2-T3 towers (rarely T3+) and there is no space for T1. So you will not see T1 that will be "playable" in early game, you will see T1 that will "help a bit" with specific levels where your "T2s are weak". That's the general idea. Although some T1s are playable (Wolverine...and...remind me? There must be at least one more...), majority of T1s will be just /supportive/effect/buff/stun/slow towes that will help with a boss or other specific level.

You mentioned "Murlock", and I don't know what is that? Smile (I know the WC3 model, it's lvl 2 frog in legion and there is "Hatchling" tower, but Murloc tower?)

About T2s you specially mention (slave master, soul of hero, crusader):

First of all, Crusader is one of the best T2s out there (maybe behind Elite Archer and Oceanus). Low price, great dps, great HP, heavy armor. Other than that, you need to realize that some T2s have to be "less effective" or even "fail" because their race requires that (which means that that race has some other op tower or generally good towers that "cover" that fail T2). And that's exactly "race balance" approach that I mentioned in my few previous posts.

That's about it, sorry for a little delayed answer(s) and thank you for taking interest in this discussion.

Best Regards, HI
HighestIncome
HighestIncome
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  Saucer Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:32 pm

Thank you, guys.

Just a quick reminder to everyone: Kongk is on vacation, but he'll read everything when he gets back Wink

Saucer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  vladimir3388 Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:37 am

It's just too lame to make OP and bad towers. It's really bad to be forced to spam just a single tower and fail if you try to build anything else. It limits strategies and tactics and makes game too simpe and boring.
Anyway, I didn't write anything about T1 units like wolverines, engineers, or skeletons, because everyone is mostly familiar with them, especially because I had a discussion about engineers before. Was complaining about mutant's buff became too expensive for its performance and their role in game compared to engineers. Mutants maybe should become a melee unit, but it would make them even more useless for late game.

vladimir3388
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  HighestIncome Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:12 am

Let's just explain things a bit here:

vladimir3388 wrote:It's just too lame to make OP and bad towers. It's really bad to be forced to spam just a single tower and fail if you try to build anything else. It limits strategies and tactics and makes game too simpe and boring.

So you have two options here (like it or not):

1) Perfect balance=all towers are the same
2) Current balance=towers are different

Option 1) is senseless. So we choose option 2).

With option 2) you can not have the same degree of usefulness with all towers you build. So there have to be 'fail' and 'op' towers. And that's what actually makes game interesting, it's not limiting options, because if all towers were good you could build anything and still do well. And it's not fun to always do well.

Besides that, let's specially analize: " It's really bad to be forced to spam just a single tower and fail if you try to build anything else."

All "OP" towers in legion have 'time restriction'. What i am trying to say is that you for example build Elite Archers in the early game, but guess what on lvl 20 you have 1500-2000 useless value. Sure you (maybe) made more income, but you need to put much more effort in keeping King allive (since i said it shouldn't be a question) by losing income for King upgrades, or even your mates need to overmass which reduces their own income.

So all "splash" OP towers have problems with boss levels, you often need to waste heal or two and so on...

Or, on the other hand, they are really bad in late late game, 30+. Example is Tree of Knowledge...What will that 800g tower do to Pandarens or even firelords...my answer is nothing... (And those TOKs were damn good in mid game, right? )

Only tower that stands above all other is Lord of Death/Hades, but that tower also have few disadvantages and hard levels, for example lvl 28. (I managed to leak with 18k+value)

That being said, you need to realize that those towers that you recognize as "fail" are meant to be "fail", it's not that they are accidentally "fail".
If you want you can create me a list of towers that you think are "fail" and i bet, for half of them (or maybe 1/4) i will proof you wrong?

Best Regards, HI

HighestIncome
HighestIncome
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  vladimir3388 Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:53 am

First off all I want to reply about crusader 2 posts ago, which I was too lazy to type about on my android. You said it's 3rd best T2 unit, right? It's really effective for the 1st and 2nd level only. At 3rd level it can't 1 hit kill, but it does more than 90% dmg, and it basically wastes the 2nd attack, which causes it to waste shitload of dps. For 4th level you'll have to build more than 1 unupgraded t2, because it still wastes a lot of dps and runs around too much like most other melee units. If you play prophet, 2 more novices won't be enough because of light armor and you don't want to make them because of level 5. Level 5 - do I really have to write anything? On levels 6 and 7 it really serves well, but then comes a disaster on level 8. Its dmg becomes too small on level 10, On level 12 it sucks just as most other melee units, level 13 even worse, for 14 it becomes just an average unit because it's too small unit, and then it's really bad for the rest of game. Anyway, I bet you never spammed crusaders like archers or aquas, so you can't say it's 3rd best. It ain't too bad, because 1 or 2 of them can be really usefull for level 7 and still very good for levels 1 and 2 if you make just 1 on start.
Anyway, I agree about splash damage units, because they really need to be a bit better damage dealers than average units, considering they suck on boss levels. That's exactly what I wrote on the big post up here.
Here's my list of units who need buff:
T1:
Proton, Peewee, Hatchling, Colt, Goblin's Servant.
Remaining ones: Sky Dragon, Crab (just slightly better because it can be sold well), Trident, Necroylte (neeed to be more like in 3.41), Outcast, Slavemaster, Soul of Hero, Minotaur (just slightly, because every T6 needs to be able to be built more than twice if you play demi human with no -cb, it's just a pure support atm), Thrall, Medicine man and maybe oracle a bit (Golaith gives similar damage reduction, but for more than just 6 units), Maverick (just slightly), Ranger & Meliai (not sure even changing their ability to all target was enough), Wraith & Mercurial (spells need to be even more powerful if you want to make them anti boss unit).

vladimir3388
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Kongk Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:54 pm

I see you got around alot of different topics there, so i guess i will randomly start somewhere . You also got perfectly around some of the topics, so i will only comment on it from a general perspective..

HighestIncome is right that most (if not all) op towers have a (or more) weakness at some point. There are a few exceptions; thunderbird for instance, but that will be sorted out..

About perfect balance.. This area is HUGE, and i could write books about why "perfect balance" is impossible.. Especially considering Mega is an old style x3 map makes it totally impossible.. (It also depends on what you put in the words "perfect balance").. That doesn't mean that balance cant be improved though, and we will continue to work towards a better balanced map, and as long as the changes takes the map in the right direction, i guess it's fine..

Then again i wan't to mention that balance changes is and will be made in proportion to races.. BUT there shouldn't be any SUPER OP towers and there shouldn't be any TOTALLY USELESS towers (this does NOT mean that some towers cant be better than others)..

Tier 1 units will have some changes in b12, giving them "some" role to play.. (unupped tier 1 units will not be affected by this, since it makes absolutely no sense trying to give them a purpose.. They were made for x1, and they cant be converted to fit x3 in Mega.. They simply dont fit old style x3)

Best Regards
Kongk

Kongk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NoHeal4u Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:35 pm

Is this a known bug? http://www.suchbot.com/game/13358/legion-td-mega-3-5-1-7201  (it happens on level 8, units just stand in front of the king and game cant progress anymore)

Also, Guardian of death needs increase in cost players must not be able to make it on lvl 1, its just game breaking. I know you told you're balancing for solo play and when play solo, starting with GOD is far from OP but when played in mid or in cross....  Thats abnormal, how much income with so low value mid/cross build  can make when one of them has GOD on start... It wouldn't be a problem if GOD costs more and they aren't able to make one on start.  Anyway, even when played solo race pick, you have decent options for start with ghouls and MW, atm 300g GOD is like Spawn of dragon but twice more useful it is unnecessary.

In fact, let me rephrase it, GoD by itself isn't a problem, but problem with its cost is that you can easily make a death dragon very early and after that point its  a gg. 1 death dragon for level 5, 2 for lvl 7 and after that you don't need to build anything, maybe one more for lvl 12, meanwhile both players can push all the gold into lumber, which is crazy, you hold all the creeps from both waves (except bosses ) with ~1360 value up to level 12, and you usually hold majority of lvl 12 with ~2040. Combine that with OS mode, if  you just start saving from that point its a win 100%.   I exploit this too, it just works too good.

So solution would be either increasing GOD price to 305 for example or increasing DD price from 380 to ==> ?  450? 480 ?

P.S. Visit http://www.suchbot.com/ and check it out, my friend textr made it, he has done a lot for maps popularity on various realms with his reliable bots.

NoHeal4u
NoHeal4u
Captain
Captain

http://play.eslgaming.com/player/6830976/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kongk Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:19 pm

Hello Smile

Nope, I haven't seen that bug before.. That really looks.. ehmm.. disturbing Very Happy Does it happen often? Its quite weird that i haven't seen it before..

About GoD.. I understand that it is quite overpowered when playing cross, but that can't really be taken into consideration when balancing races.. Price was decreased (and unit nerfed) to give Undead race some extra options, when it comes to different tactics.. And the fact that all other "baby-dragons" (Young frost and spawn of dragon) can be bought from level 1 leaves the question; why not God? The price won't change, but if you believe the unit is too strong compared to it's price, i am very open to take a look at it Smile

Thank you very much for your feedback

Best Regards
Kongk

Kongk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NoHeal4u Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:43 am

Textr noticed that bug when he implemented autoban leaver feature. Since then, strange games where people are kicking each other(to avoid autoban) emerged Smile

You've said you wont balance units for cross build, but this thing works maybe even better in mid builds for a change Smile.

Hm.. Death dragon has around 80 dmg and 400 hp more than red dragon for example, don't know the splash stats though. They cant be the same unit(balanced stats) but still, they work almost the same where death dragon is superior in both stages(GoD&DD) and costs only 75g more compared to red. Cost is bothering, looking from my angle.

We will be playing/testing b11 for sure , ill gather replays when possible, and by watching representative ones, we could see where the problem lies, since, balance it or not, getting such income so easily is really game breaking. And as we said earlier, mid and cross are both legitimate tactics so this theme cant be ignored.
NoHeal4u
NoHeal4u
Captain
Captain

http://play.eslgaming.com/player/6830976/

Back to top Go down

Post  NERV Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:21 pm

I think while giving access to a tier6 units right from the start is cool and opens up a new build Undead didn't have before, it also makes the game a bit cheesy for Undead. No I mean, if you can skip all the other tiers and start with the strongeest one, kinda beats the purpose of the game. I also think it's just make the game for Undead very predictable. I would like to see a buff of sorts on the Necromancer (whynot? they are cool, could be stronger) and an hp/dmg nerf on Guardian of Death. I'd like to keep him as an option right from the start(I think he's the best option), but he's too strong for his cost atm. At the same time I'd like to see changes in Undead lower tier units so they can be more effective (specially Necromancer/Zombie).
NERV
NERV
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  BossHK Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:34 am

Also had a game where some units leaked, cant remember if there were another units in front of King to fight them, but anyway after it there were 2 leaks in front of King running forward-backward, from green area to near king, they didnt get into King aa range, nor we had ranged king spell. Watched it 10minutes, then quitted. Happened only 1 time afaicr.

BossHK
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Kongk Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:52 am

Hello Smile

Thanks for your input. Smile

I will make a full comparison of Dragon Aspect and Death Dragon and of Guardian of Death and Spawn of Dragon, and fix it if there are any irregularities..

We will also take a closer look at the bug.. Please report if you notice any patterns; like for instance, if it always happens at the same level of something like that..

Best Regards
Kongk

Kongk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Legion TD Mega 3.5 (Beta 13), General Discussion and Feedback. - Page 7 Empty Tuskar Bug

Post  DetDet Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:59 pm

I love this custom game. I have been playing Legion TD for ages and the last map i downloaded was the  LEGION TD MEGA 3.5 10x v3.9. Surprisingly, I found a bug yesterday playing with my mates :

Whenever you get a random race, or choose the race that has the tower "Tuskar" you can build it for 10 gold and sell it for 20 gold. This bug makes the game unfair because
if you start the game with 465 of gold and get the tower "Tuskar" you can build like, 40 of them for 400 gold and sell all of them and get 800 gold back.

Please fix this bug as soon as possible so the game can be fairly played once again.

Thank you all!

DetDet
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  vladimir3388 Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:59 pm

You're talking about some shitty version of Legion made by some Russians, which has nothing to do with developers on this forum. Do yourself a favor and delete that faked crap and play 3.5 B8, 3.5 B11 or go back to 3.41, if you prefer legion mega.

vladimir3388
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  textr Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:49 pm

Hello,

I really would like to see shortcut keys (q,w,e,r,a,s,d,f,z,x,c,v) being fixed for barracks, advanced barracks and end game barracks. After level 9 starts all the shortcut keys are gone (except for Q) and I'm so used to them, I sometimes forget shortcuts aren't working and I cannot send units because its right at the last second, I have to move my lazy arm and reach to the mouse to click on a creeps icon.

Also,
I have encountered the bug which NoHeal4u mentioned on previous page (lvl 8 making loops before entering kings chamber), 3 times before. It is really annoying and it does not fix itself (we waited like 20 minutes and it did not fix itself). I've noticed that anytime this happens, there is a dino.

textr
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  Kongk Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:52 pm

Hello Smile

Let me point out that LEGION TD MEGA 3.5 10x v3.9. is a HACKED map that we have nothing to do with and don't support in any way.. I will also refer to original Mega maps that Vladimir mentions. Smile

Hello Textr Smile

We know that hotkeys are bugged, and we will try to fix it as soon as possible. We know that hotkeys are very important to some people, because people have gotten used to them, it is therefore very important for us to fix them Smile

About the bug.. Ahh, thanks.. Mostly on lvl 8 and always with a dino.. Noted.. Hmm, does it only happen at lvl 8?

Best Regards
Kongk

Kongk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  textr Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:47 pm

Hi again,

I believe the bug occurs on ranged levels since I have encountered this bug only on levels 8 and 12.

textr
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  Saucer Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:56 pm

Thanks for all the input, guys.

We'll try to get a new beta released soon.

Saucer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next