Legion TD War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Suggestion] -sg/sl Mode

+2
NERV
Wundawuzi
6 posters

Go down

[Suggestion] -sg/sl Mode Empty [Suggestion] -sg/sl Mode

Post  Wundawuzi Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:31 am

Hi there! Before I start of, I am from Austria so my english may be a little "strange". Please excuse this if it happens Wink.

Well, my suggestion is a new mode, espaciallya for people who play Legion TD at LAN's or with friends.

The modes are called -sg oder -sl. SG stands for "Send Gold" and sl is (oh wonder) "Send Lumber".

It does not much, the only thing it should do is to enable 1(2 if both) new commands which look like this:

-send gold <value> <color>
-send lumber <value> <color>

(also "Playername" or "Number" (red=1,...) would be possible)
thats pretty much all about it. Let me explain why this mode would be useful:

We are playing Legion TD much at school, but also sumetimes about Hamachi at home. "We" are 3 of my friends and myself. We like to try out different builds, most of the time with 2 different builders in die middle. The only problem is, that for exaple if we play goblin+paladin, the goblin gets all the gold while the paladin gets neraly nothing. This is a bit frustrating if you are the paladin... So a send-gold command would be really cool.
Send lumber is not important, but i think it would be nearly no work to add it too(if you add the first one) and if one of your mates is a bit "behind" then you can push him back up with some lumber to increase his income.

Overall I want to say, that people who dont like the idea can simply choose to not-activatet it, as it wont be default.

I already suggestes this to HuanAK, and he said i should suggest it here, and if you all like it he will think about it. So I'd really thank you if you give me a little statement.

Best regards from Austria!

Wundawuzi
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

[Suggestion] -sg/sl Mode Empty Re: [Suggestion] -sg/sl Mode

Post  NERV Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:13 am

Wundawuzi wrote:
Hi there!
Hi!

Wundawuzi wrote:
Overall I want to say, that people who dont like the idea can simply choose to not-activatet it, as it wont be default.
Wundawuzi wrote:
yah, most players don't even try anther mode besides -sd, also i guess this mode change the gameplay a lot.
Every time you set this mode, you should explain how does it work, or else you're going to play an unfair match.

About the general idea of having the possiblity of sending gold: i don't like it.

Sending lumber is out of question. Too much exploitable i guess.. few situations:
red/blue send demon, they send their spare lumber to teal/purple, so they can send a demon too.
red has demon on cooldown, so he send his lumber to blue.
mass krakens/infernals.

I don't like these mod at all. But IF huanak decides to implement those modes, i would like to suggest: disabling mercenary/hg and changing gg rules especialy for these mods. Or create some "taxes" on trade.

NERV
NERV
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  VoiceInMind Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:29 am

goblin+paladin, the goblin gets all the gold while the paladin gets neraly nothing
I thought a little about that couple, and have a opinion, that it's awesome. I with my mates trying to use same strategy but we like -hp mode.
But it's for another topic. You can check out this and this posts.

few situations
Addition 7/7 (for ex) state for top-lvl summons after 15th lvl can solve this problem. I'm not fan of long saving, yep.

VoiceInMind
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Wundawuzi Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:44 pm

NERV wrote:
Wundawuzi wrote:
Hi there!
Hi!

Wundawuzi wrote:
Wundawuzi wrote:
yah, most players don't even try anther mode besides -sd, also i guess this mode change the gameplay a lot.
Every time you set this mode, you should explain how does it work, or else you're going to play an unfair match.

About the general idea of having the possiblity of sending gold: i don't like it.

Sending lumber is out of question. Too much exploitable i guess.. few situations:
red/blue send demon, they send their spare lumber to teal/purple, so they can send a demon too.
red has demon on cooldown, so he send his lumber to blue.
mass krakens/infernals.

I don't like these mod at all. But IF huanak decides to implement those modes, i would like to suggest: disabling mercenary/hg and changing gg rules especialy for these mods. Or create some "taxes" on trade.

Well, thats the point why i want it to be a selectable mode and not default. I think it wouldnt be that much of a problem to display a "Commands:"-Message in the beginning of the game if the modes are selected.

I totally agree with you, that sending lumber would be a bit too much, but same as with gold, its not default, so why not. Thats what i though when posting the kumber-idea

VoiceInMind wrote:
goblin+paladin, the goblin gets all the gold while the paladin gets neraly nothing
I thought a little about that couple, and have a opinion, that it's awesome. I with my mates trying to use same strategy but we like -hp mode.
But it's for another topic. You can check out this and this posts.

few situations
Addition 7/7 (for ex) state for top-lvl summons after 15th lvl can solve this problem. I'm not fan of long saving, yep.

I dont understand this paragraph sorry, ma english isnt that good Sad

Wundawuzi
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  NERV Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:26 pm

Wundawuzi wrote:
VoiceInMind wrote:

I believe he mean to disable behemot/kraken/infernal/demon until 7/7 wisp/lumber research. Also he's not a big fan of saving wood for longs periods of time.

not sure if this would change something. With being able to trade gold and without income cap, one pro-player(also called "feeded player") can make everyone achieve 7/7 wisp/lumber in a phew rounds.

NERV
NERV
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  Wundawuzi Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:34 am

NERV wrote:
Wundawuzi wrote:
VoiceInMind wrote:

I believe he mean to disable behemot/kraken/infernal/demon until 7/7 wisp/lumber research. Also he's not a big fan of saving wood for longs periods of time.

not sure if this would change something. With being able to trade gold and without income cap, one pro-player(also called "feeded player") can make everyone achieve 7/7 wisp/lumber in a phew rounds.

thanks for clearing me up! Smile

Well, i cant say much against the arguments, but i still dint think that thats a reason to say "Dont implent it".

Imagine it like the WTF-Mode at DotA. And there were many players who loved to play WTF mode, or am I wrong?

Wundawuzi
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  Wundawuzi Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:49 pm

Huan, have you already met a decision? I think there wont be much more said about this by the comunity :/.

Wundawuzi
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  HuanAk Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:23 am

I will say no for send gold/lumber, at lease not for next version.

but you will never know what happen in future version. or other map maker may like it.

for example, I read all suggestions from LISK's old forum while making Legion TD Mega, some of useful suggestion include: Arena, Prophet etc.

So just free to post any suggestions, you will never know what happen in future version.

HuanAk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  imprez Fri May 11, 2012 6:19 pm

Huan,

Perhaps you might want to consider the -ns (NO save lumber mode) to be available back. Sometimes I just want to play a longer game. Well, I'm sure you do know there are some players who just wants to end the game much earlier.
imprez
imprez
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Dazzlee Sat May 12, 2012 7:54 pm

And how will you make that happen, after ending round your lumber resets to 0 ?

Its really questionable, especially for beginning. Imagine yourself how you want to get first farm. I doubt that you have 5/2 or 6/1 at lvl 7/8 to get farm at prepare phase.

Dazzlee
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down