Legion TD War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking 3.5 b6 race requests! (Nortan)

3 posters

Go down

Taking 3.5 b6 race requests! (Nortan) Empty Taking 3.5 b6 race requests! (Nortan)

Post  Nortan Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:47 pm

I'm not sure if there is any interest in this type of thing, BUT In honor of the new legion beta 6 for 3.5, with some interesting changes, I've decided to take some requests for race builds. These will, however, be in replay form instead of my old typed out format. Honestly, almost every game is going to be exclusively hybrid and/or prophet but knowing the basics of race builds is still helpful. The main goal is to show a good way to build lvl 1 - 10 to hold and get ~7/3 before 10. If I knew how to control prophet sets then I would take that type of request but it would be bothersome otherwise. I'll try to get a response within 2 days of a request. These can be somewhat difficult since they do not reflect the conditions of a usual game with teammates, feed, leak time, etc.
Nortan
Nortan
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Taking 3.5 b6 race requests! (Nortan) Empty Re: Taking 3.5 b6 race requests! (Nortan)

Post  BlackJohnny Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:08 pm

That's pretty cool of you, Nort. A lot of things have changed and that certainly reflects on these standard race builds. But this type of thing might be better done in a real game, and having your opponents choose paladin or something else due to you picking ap might make the game more challenging and thus more interesting. Reflecting real conditions in these builds is always a good thing.

BlackJohnny
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Taking 3.5 b6 race requests! (Nortan) Empty Re: Taking 3.5 b6 race requests! (Nortan)

Post  Nortan Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:58 pm

BlackJohnny wrote:That's pretty cool of you, Nort. A lot of things have changed and that certainly reflects on these standard race builds. But this type of thing might be better done in a real game, and having your opponents choose paladin or something else due to you picking ap might make the game more challenging and thus more interesting. Reflecting real conditions in these builds is always a good thing.

I would like to but I don't want to subject others to ap since most players do truly prefer prophet/hybrid games. Also, I would want to avoid getting too much feed or leak time because I don't want to create an example that is hard to replicate and that thing is hard to control in such an environment. It is just suppose to be a basic example that could change a lot under real game circumstances. Against heavy incomers like paladins it does make things more difficult but it's like that for anyone when against heavy incomers. Lately in my UC 3.5 b6 games it's not unusual to get 3 ballistas on lvl 12 because alot of us have ~7/6 at that point ^_^. Under real game circumstances this type of thing is actually easier imo since people tend to leak and the possibility for extra resources is there.

Edit: This is in part a challenge to myself to perform well and test possible variables but the other goal is to give people some direction when they are otherwise unsure of how to use certain units. It gives me something to do with the benefit of being helpful. Even with my extensive legion knowledge I've spent up to 3 hours testing out a race lvl 1 - 10 just so I felt that what I ended up with was useful. I go into it thinking I've used that race dozens of times before, I know what to do! Then I get a different idea or struggling to hold against certain send. Thank god it's unlikely to see furbolgs on lvl 2 anymore btw. Those are such a PITA but still something to take into consideration. "oh hey! pyro + infantry or 3 bloodorcs works great on lvl 2 but omfg GL if you get a furbolg. Got to adapt then but oh wellz!" Also mass militia isn't as big of a deal on lvl 10 as it used to be due to the changes. I would send myself 5 - 7 militia on lvl 10 and see how it turned out (it's totally monotonous!!)
Nortan
Nortan
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackJohnny Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:25 pm

I'm sure random pubs won't mind a couple of ap games, unless you're playing with mates and that can make the call either easier or more difficult. 

Anyhow, a single player run is far from an accurate representation of a real game. Of course, in a real game you can get either fed or struck down, but that will only effect income. The point of these standard builds (and/or your guide suggestion) is to show people what they need to have on certain levels. The only variable should be the wisp/lumberjack ratio and, of course income. I still think you should do this in a real game. And the feed can't be that hard, since antistuck is removed and you share the percentage of the bounty with mates (if there are any).

BlackJohnny
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderkeenin Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:18 pm

From how b6 is sounding I think I may start playing WC3 again.

sunderkeenin
Cyborg
Cyborg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down