Legion TD War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions to Normal mode + General Suggestions (not to Insane!)

2 posters

Go down

Suggestions to Normal mode + General Suggestions (not to Insane!) Empty Suggestions to Normal mode + General Suggestions (not to Insane!)

Post  PROcuratorDotA Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:04 am

Let me know what else do u want in Normal mode.
More modes?
Less modes?
New races - tell what ones and post links to concrete models.
Easier?
Harder?
Pure Incoming hindrances?

More... more...

EDIT: Refering to guy4's suggestions I guess I gonna implement following changes:

Main modes:
-noobmode (1.)
-normalmode (2.)
-insanemode (another thread - about insane)

Type of chosing modes:
-ap
-lap (limited all present - each race only once)
-ar
-sd (one to choose from 2 or 3, gonna see)

Number x modes (not for Insane, yet, maybe not at all)
-x1 is default (no type)
-x2
-x3

Special additions (can be combined):
-st (standard, incluedes: -mm -hg - changed hg, leaking is retarded, bonus gold for opponents... for leak to King)
-fm (fun mode, incluedes: -cb (with additional skill cooldown about 3-5 minutes) + following changes: +1 shop to buy summons only with aura, look 2.; +1 shop to buy upgrades for waves (except hardest ones such as: wyrms, infernals, acos, satyrs etc.); +1 exchange office - from lumber to gold and on the contrary + raising price system; +10 lumber/round for having highest value of towers on the map; +2 gold/round for having highest income on the map)

1. Additional money at the end of each level.
2. Permament changes (ALL modes including nooby+insane with some exceptions for Insane - check proper thread):
- limited lumber at the end of each round - if more lumber - disappear without giving income (about 40/round), similar to -ns but greatly nerfed. The point of it is to reduce offensive potential of pure incomers.
- no more hp boost on x2 and x3 but no collision for all units (or highly decreased)
- penalty of losing a worker if leak 100%.
- possibility to have 1 (!) autobuy on any creep/king upgrade/wisp.
- reduced waiting for each summon.
- NO aura summons any more, better ones gonna give less income, other special skills stay.
- one way to have King's upgrades slightly cheaper. U can buy +1 regen, attack, hp in 1 pack costing 300 lumber (3x100) but giving 11 income (3x3+2).

Noobymode (some insulting phrase while chosing that, hehe):
- Only 30 rounds, no kings' confrontation (penalty for being a noob and playing noob mode, hehe)

Only Normal:
- 35 waves (+5 for not being either pro nor noob) - I played egZe's LegionTD and I have to say that last 10 rounds were boring for me, just dumb slaugthery. I gonna implement 5 rounds with difficutly level similar to: 32, 34, 36, 38, 40 (31, 32, 33, 34 (even harder), 35 (much harder)

About races: I have already all basic (marine, demi-human etc.) + Elves + Blood Elves + Blood Orcs + Ice + Horde + Alliance + Scourge + Wizards (11 Tiers)

Last edited by PROcuratorDotA on Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:39 am; edited 8 times in total

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Suggestions to Normal mode + General Suggestions (not to Insane!) Empty Re: Suggestions to Normal mode + General Suggestions (not to Insane!)

Post  guy4 Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:28 pm

If you read my insane mode suggestions it was to make it harder for your opponents. But with normal mode those same suggestions, but to make it easier for your team.

The indicator suggestion - if the team wins the indicator challenge then their boss has less 10% hp and 10% damage and they are rewarded 50 gold each (something like that)

The "shop" suggestion instead of making the oppositon summons harder, this will make your summons easier

The bonus to towers that do a specific damage type suggestion - instead of increasing the damage on a certain damage type for creeps this will reduce the damage of certain creep waves for your team

guy4
Respected
Respected

Back to top Go down

Suggestions to Normal mode + General Suggestions (not to Insane!) Empty Re: Suggestions to Normal mode + General Suggestions (not to Insane!)

Post  guy4 Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:25 pm

Was wondering if you and EGZE think its feasible to have an easy mode? I tell you why i was thinking that...
The newbies/noobs can join that one or guys just looking for a non serious game of legions (kind of like dota with em mode), this might reduce the noobs/newbies that join normal mode legions? I mean we could make it so there isnt much changes (not much dev time used for it) to get easy mode i.e. just make each ending round give more gold (something simple like that to make it easier)

I dont know if you would consider this, but there are lots of good race suggestions on the legiontd forum that lisk never had the chance to do (the downside to this is they dont have models). Also there are a couple of maps that came out with some nice races that could be changed and balanced a bit (like mek1000's map on the legion site). His 2 races were cool to play and you have an ideas of the models, stats, abilities etc as a starting point.

With regards to making the normal mode harder or easier... I think if easy mode isnt implemented, then normal mode needs to be made a bit easier (not a lot easier) but just a few levels which are normally game enders need to be made a tiny bit easier (even a few easy levels made slightly harder).

in 1* mode - the game ending levels are:

- potentially 24 (if you have saved for a few krackens coz you can easily have max workers by then)

(then any level from 27 onwards if your team has been saving)
These levels could be nerfed a small amount so that games with 1 wave last a bit longer

PS: I say 11 because (if you have saved from end of level 8 with 5/6 workers and up and getting 1 or 2 more workers until 11) you can summon a pudge and fuzzy just before 11 starts. If other team members do the same you can easily either end the game on 11 or weaken them so much that they cant beat the easy level 12 and end up losing by 13 or 14. The rest are overpowered unless you have a race that is very strong aginst the particular armour type i.e. beast owns 15 and 17 with magic and siege dmg and splash dmg from spawns)

On 3 waves the game ending levels are generally air (i.e. 13), range (i.e Cool and low collison size levels (i.e. 7)
perhaps these levels could be nerfed very slightly

Not sure about 2* waves as havent played it enough to know for sure.

guy4
Respected
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  PROcuratorDotA Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:21 am

(like mek1000's map on the legion site)

Send me link. I will consider ALL ideas about races cause it's hard and complex to do new ones. Fortunatelly spells are not my job but the another LegionTD-staff-man's who is called INfamous and has V.I.P. on this forum as the only one except the other helpful guy4 Wink.

Check out main threads, I edited them.

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Post  guy4 Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:36 pm

Thanks for making me VIP lol, the stars look cool Smile. http://jx3.net/tdg/forum/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=3597 is the link to the topic for Mech1000's map (with the 2 diff races, technic and concorde), he said the unprotected version and info doc's are on page 6 of that post which might help. Thnaks for adding noob mode, should help the quality of normal games go up (i hope Smile)

Your ideas on normal mode look like a good base to start as well (like insane mode).

guy4
Respected
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  PROcuratorDotA Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:47 am

Thx for link I gonna use just a few ideas in old units cause I will not be able to make new towers to these races and frankly, I can't get them. They are pure so I showed them to egZe and asked to implement in his version, hope everybody gonna like them.

So:
- Oracle gonna give hp to King - no cost increase he will be nerfed in hp and dmg.
- I will have to give this hp transphering to some unit - will think to which one - probably some ghost.
- Link is also good idea but this will be modified and added as a offensive spell to Meridian.
- Wood harvesting empower gonna be added to Demi-Human somewhere (prob. new unit).

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down