Legion TD War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Composite Builder

3 posters

Go down

Composite Builder Empty Composite Builder

Post  Romi<3 Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:37 pm

I dont know if you remember this Builder. This Builder was in the old version 1.42 a(not sure if 42 or 43), so its a long time ago:)
This Builder was like hybrid a mix of all races. But this race wasnt ''so'' random like hybrid. You got ur 6 towers at the beginning of the game, like hatchling,wanderer,captain and so on. So you could choose between them and dont get every tower from e.g tier 3. After -i think- 6 minutes you could dice the race and got 6 new towers. In my opinion 6 minutes isnt good -should be higher but nevermind.

Also there was a gamode in this all player had about 1 minute to make their own race between all the towers which are in the game. So they could choose the tier level 1,2,3 a.s.o, but coulds dice it later in the game

I hope you understand what i mean Very Happy

what do you think about such a race?

Romi<3
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Composite Builder Empty Re: Composite Builder

Post  PROcuratorDotA Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:36 pm

I think that basic idea is good. But it should not be dicing aftr some time for credit, it should be changing on some lvls simultaneously. At example on 10, 15, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30 etc. or each time u buy (5 or) 6 tier unit.

Imo good idea, well, I will tell egze about it

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Post  guy4 Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:58 pm

He is referring to tower mazers version of Legion td 1. If you go to www.legiontd.com / devleopers and look for tower mazers version of legion td 1, you'll find it. I must admit it was great fun and really challenging, to get 6 random towers and get a high income with it, you have to have a good understanding of legion td. The normal races are so nicley mixed so doesnt take as much know how to do well, but with 6 random tiers you might end up with no magic dmg or siege dmg and mostly piercing dmg for example. That makes it really fun and challenging to build enough on siege and magic armour levels with trying to optimise income. There was also an "easy" mode as romi mentioed where you pick your 6 tiers. This will be epically imbalanced now though with the new races. You could spam aura tiers before but now it will be insane Smile
I.e. archon mage upgraded (so plus 10 dmg) combined with specs, would be too sick. you would have the 25 gold specs doing around 40 dps which is way overpowered/

I think it will be a lot of work though, because of all the new races added by EGZE and I prefer your other ideas to get implemented first before this (but thats just my opinion).

guy4
Respected
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Romi<3 Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:56 pm

First: i am a she and not a he Mad Very Happy

You are right it would be hard work..But i think many people would like this race.
I only saw it in this version- i dont know why the maker put this race out:(. maybe sometimes to weak and sometimes to strong, but that would be stupid because for hybrid you need more luck and if u only get range and no tanks you leak quite fast.Nevermind

The Idea with the dicing on round 10,15,20 or something like that would be also quite good but sometimes quite hard because u cant prepare for that round.
You may think: Oh i will make an captain as a tank for level 10..than it dice and you get a harpy instead of the captain. That would be not so nice Smile

I would make it with time. About 10 or 15 minutes, than you can change(if you want) but of cause its not my decision.

And with the mode where you can make your own race: In the past you could make an ''imba'' race with it, but now with these all races it hard to make the ''perfect'' race, because there are so many good towers. E.g for tier 3: captain, troll, tribesman, phantom, Wind Archer and more. There are all very nice. So you can experiment with all towers and see how they ''work'' together.

This race or mode can also (maybe) replace the cb mode?

Romi<3
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  guy4 Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:25 am

Apologies Romi didnt realise you were a lady Smile.

As I said in my previous post. If you chose your units (all 6 tiers) you can make it so imbalanced i.e. spec with archon mage upgrade (have done it with CB a few times if I got lucky with CB).

The random units is really challneging like you said if you get all tanks or all range it makes it really tough. It would be nice if the random one allowed you to chose a random tier (within the first 4 tiers) after it randomed units for you i.e. say it randomed tier 1-3 and 5-6 for you then you could chose any tier 4 unit. This would negate the disadvantage of only getting range or tanks or 1 type of dmg, as you could choose a tier which would help a lot. The reason I say tiers 1-4 and not 1-6 is that if you got the choice of picking tier 6 it wouldnt really help you before level 10 (unless it was 3 * mode)

Maybe like PROC suggested it could be every set number of rounds it re-rolls your tiers and you can pick 1 tier again (but this time from 1-6 as tier 6 will be used later on)

guy4
Respected
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  PROcuratorDotA Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:35 am

Romi<3 wrote:The Idea with the dicing on round 10,15,20 or something like that would be also quite good but sometimes quite hard because u cant prepare for that round.
You may think: Oh i will make an captain as a tank for level 10..than it dice and you get a harpy instead of the captain. That would be not so nice Smile

Actually I am not a dumb ;p I know that. I meant another thing - after some time u get other set of towers to build. This built ones are not morphing to anothers (BTW captain - admiral IS NOT A TANK! Best aura u must protect him! Pfff x) ). I think this solution would balance imba sets and weak sets cause of several draws, not just one. Ofc here appears problem about imba units - aura etc. Well we can't carry away it futher in time - I will make a system of calculating towers' costs providing egze lends me his map Very Happy I must have his permission. After this everything will be balanced. I Promise.

Romi<3 wrote:This race or mode can also (maybe) replace the cb mode?

There is another pair of shoes. Modes, hm. Yeah maybe -cb and -cm will disappear but now I am full for cb, cause I think it's cool, if something will alter as at example this new race appearence - I think cb might not be needed. It's about considerating, but not for now I guess.

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Post  PROcuratorDotA Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:43 am

Ye, Archon needs nerf - I mean he should add % Of dmg not certain number. That is something to balance...

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Post  PROcuratorDotA Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:34 am

Egze said he will not make race such as it cause it's long in coding and not worth it. Sry. Locked.

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down