Legion TD War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

System to mark targets to get you units to attack that unit.

3 posters

Go down

System to mark targets to get you units to attack that unit. Empty System to mark targets to get you units to attack that unit.

Post  Knatte_Anka Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:00 am

This system, which I will describe will allow you to select the units that you want to attack with all of your units, but still limit the location and number of markers that can be added.

This, I think can be done by giving the builder spell to casts a an ability on an attacking creep and if both are in your building area. Then carry out the command, and your units attack the selected enemy.

Example
Code:

Here is a example of the code that should  do the job.
Builder[] = "Unit Array" that contain all players builder.
Region[] = "Reagion" region that contain copy of all players zones

You may want to modify the chosen spell to do no-> very little damage (my example is Mana Burn)
and give it a cool-down. and it should be based on an attacking with no duration ability. and also give it around 400 range (less then the area you pick you units in,so you cant cast it to far away to give you units a head start.)

This example limit the system to only you own area for both you and the creep to attack.
and still not be able to move the units if not fully allowed to do so. the "Units within 512.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching ((Picked player)" do that you cant use the spell on units that is near king.

WC3_Editor Trigger example:

Marking
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        And - All (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                (Regions[(Player number of (Triggering player))] contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True
                (Regions[(Player number of (Triggering player))] contains (Attacked unit)) Equal to True
                (Triggering unit) Equal to Builder[(Player number of (Triggering player))]
                (Ability being cast) Equal to Mana Burn (Neutral Hostile 1)
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching ((Picked player) Equal to (Owner of (Triggering unit)))) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack (Attacked unit)

Knatte_Anka
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

System to mark targets to get you units to attack that unit. Empty Re: System to mark targets to get you units to attack that unit.

Post  NERV Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:28 pm

Well, seems like a pretty good idea, and you already have the code (not sure if work tough), but I guess that won't be applicable during matches 'cuz of lag issues.
NERV
NERV
Neotank

Back to top Go down

System to mark targets to get you units to attack that unit. Empty Re: System to mark targets to get you units to attack that unit.

Post  HuanAk Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:51 pm

Knatte_Anka wrote:This system, which I will describe will allow you to select the units that you want to attack with all of your units, but still limit the location and number of markers that can be added.

This, I think can be done by giving the builder spell to casts a an ability on an attacking creep and if both are in your building area. Then carry out the command, and your units attack the selected enemy.

Example
Code:

Here is a example of the code that should  do the job.
Builder[] = "Unit Array" that contain all players builder.
Region[] = "Reagion" region that contain copy of all players zones

You may want to modify the chosen spell to do no-> very little damage (my example is Mana Burn)
and give it a cool-down. and it should be based on an attacking with no duration ability. and also give it around 400 range (less then the area you pick you units in,so you cant cast it to far away to give you units a head start.)

This example limit the system to only you own area for both you and the creep to attack.
and still not be able to move the units if not fully allowed to do so. the "Units within 512.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching ((Picked player)" do that you cant use the spell on units that is near king.

WC3_Editor Trigger example:

Marking
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        And - All (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                (Regions[(Player number of (Triggering player))] contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True
                (Regions[(Player number of (Triggering player))] contains (Attacked unit)) Equal to True
                (Triggering unit) Equal to Builder[(Player number of (Triggering player))]
                (Ability being cast) Equal to Mana Burn (Neutral Hostile 1)
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching ((Picked player) Equal to (Owner of (Triggering unit)))) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack (Attacked unit)

nice idea,

just remember after wave start, all fighters change owner (to Player 11 & 12, where Player 9 & 8 are creeps on both side)

there are one problem : it will cause more lag, because select mass amount of unit and order them to do something can cause lots of lag during busy fight.

for example: in 3.41, after all creep die, some of fighter still walk back for 0.5 second before walk to teleport, this is cause by lag and I have to repeat the "order" to make them move.

HuanAk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down