Legion TD War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2.8 and its current state..

3 posters

Go down

2.8 and its current state.. Empty 2.8 and its current state..

Post  Fink Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:15 am

Beta Version 2.8 - 1.04

After playing close to 100 games so far on the current 1.04 beta version that is out I have been able to play almost every race and do fairly well with them. I was hoping to just give my feedback and imput as to what things could be done to help fix some of the races a bit and the overall endgame levels as well.

I do feel that a lot of the issues with games ending so fast could be fixed with implementing CB mode back into the game, however I understand that eGze doesn't want that in right now for whatever reason. I would say about 70% of the games that I have played have ended before level 14, now i'm sure that a lot of it has to do with the specific players however I feel that there are things that could be done to accomidate the games a little better. The new GG mode doesn't give any benefit to the players that don't end up leaking, the nice part about the 2.7 GG mode is that it allows the players that don't leak to help overbuild to better help the players who continue to leak so the games don't end so fast. I wanted to help maybe cover some of the other changes done to the races as well.

Arctic:

Azure dragon - No longer does splash damage on auto attack (Not sure if that was intended or not however it makes Arctic not nearly as strong, almost not very viable for lategame)

Air also almost impossible to make it through as this race. With the nerf to Dragons it is becoming a race that people will not want to play at all.

Dwarf:

I feel got nerfed overall by a lot, Gyrochopters are simply way too weak. They use to be able to tank damage faily well, their damage outputu wasn't very high but that was ok because they were a solid tank for the early and midgame. Now dwarf just doesn't seem even playable at this point. I think that some type of buff is needed in this race or switching gyro's back to their 2.7 state.

Beast:

Simply can't take down range levels, I love beast and have tried making air levels viable for beast to kill and I honestly don't think its possible to make it through air with beast. Beast does very very well on all levels other than air. I think that by increasing the range on harpys or possibly giving maybe the upgrade orc unit an ability that gives them bonus damage to air units might be a reasonable solution for beast.

I think that those 3 Races are the ones that really need to be looked for the time being, the other races I have found to be pretty enjoyable and overall balanced as a single race. However, the games do end very fast and make the 20's and 30's CB mode needs to be added back into the game. I hope this feedback helped and hope to hear others imput as well.

Thanks for reading =D

Fink

Back to top Go down

2.8 and its current state.. Empty Re: 2.8 and its current state..

Post  Timer Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:38 am

I agree with you on the gg mode. Now it's totally useless. A guy leaks most of his level and you'll get less than 10 gold if your team survives. Players had issues with gg because some races are too good at stealing kills (goblin, mech), so partially editing the mode would fix everything - let leaked mobs give normal gold like before, BUT split that gold between the people that didn't leak.

Timer

Back to top Go down

Post  von_Oberstain Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:15 am

Arctic T6 will be addressed in next revision, for being too laggy and underpowered - both spells will likely be replaced.

Dwarf - doesn't the race have plenty of other tanks? Paladins are reported to be overpowered for the price in UE, mainly for overall tanking abilities.

X3 economy and initial levels balance will be done, as soon as i manage, so expect some changes other than returning 'gg' to it's previous state. I'll put proposition to discussion few days before implementation, and it will probably consider:
1) whether X2 and X3 need start lumber increase, and how much should it be lowered
2) level bounties - currently identical for all modes, do they need to be adjusted (buffed) and how much
3) level rebalancing, for key levels (some may lose their +20% bonuses)
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fink Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:27 am

Yeah I do suppose that however they have a rather slow early game start, but I guess that is reasonable for Dwarf.

Do you have any plans for Beast to be looked at as well?

I think that the range should be greatly increased on the Harpies and medusa as well. I feel like their slow is a main part the races overall survivability however when they have to get in practically melee range to attack creeps anyways they tend to get picked off rather fast and you no longer have that slow anymore. I think they need to have more range to them so they can stay behind tanking units and actually be able to help increase Greymore's and Orc's lifespan. Those are the 2 only really melee tanking units that beast has and they don't have all that much health at that. Just a thought I had or maybe adding a new unit to beast like you did with goblin Brute, and the upgrade options fromthe Brawlers. But make it a unit that does a bonus ability or damage to air units... again just a thought I had. I like beast but it seems like the race needs a slight buff.

Fink

Back to top Go down

Post  nicolbolas>jace Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:04 am

Fink wrote:Yeah I do suppose that however they have a rather slow early game start, but I guess that is reasonable for Dwarf.

Do you have any plans for Beast to be looked at as well?

I think that the range should be greatly increased on the Harpies and medusa as well. I feel like their slow is a main part the races overall survivability however when they have to get in practically melee range to attack creeps anyways they tend to get picked off rather fast and you no longer have that slow anymore. I think they need to have more range to them so they can stay behind tanking units and actually be able to help increase Greymore's and Orc's lifespan. Those are the 2 only really melee tanking units that beast has and they don't have all that much health at that. Just a thought I had or maybe adding a new unit to beast like you did with goblin Brute, and the upgrade options fromthe Brawlers. But make it a unit that does a bonus ability or damage to air units... again just a thought I had. I like beast but it seems like the race needs a slight buff.

if harpies range is to short..... GET SOME BEARS/ORGES problem solved. Beast is probably the firs (or second) most imba race on these maps with x3 mode due to insane splash.

beast has always had ranged probably (against magic) so it makes sense they are weaker against them, that probably needs a fix. but FFS beast should be really well balanced unless eGze screwed with it alot, which i don't believe he did
nicolbolas>jace
nicolbolas>jace
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Fink Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:33 am

if harpies range is to short..... GET SOME BEARS/ORGES problem solved. Beast is probably the firs (or second) most imba race on these maps with x3 mode due to insane splash.

beast has always had ranged probably (against magic) so it makes sense they are weaker against them, that probably needs a fix. but FFS beast should be really well balanced unless eGze screwed with it alot, which i don't believe he did

It honestly seems to me after reading the post you made recently that you have no real understanding of how -X3 is played buddy. I'm sure you know how to play the game but there is a lot of mechanics you might not understand. So instead of just calling everyone baddies and acting like your shit don't stink why not give some constructive criticism or maybe play -X3 a little more...

Fink

Back to top Go down

Post  nicolbolas>jace Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:54 pm

Fink wrote:

It honestly seems to me after reading the post you made recently that you have no real understanding of how -X3 is played buddy. I'm sure you know how to play the game but there is a lot of mechanics you might not understand. So instead of just calling everyone baddies and acting like your shit don't stink why not give some constructive criticism or maybe play -X3 a little more...

there are three times as many creeps, you start with 300 gold. creeps have slightly more hp?

i have played it enough to play it well.

please explain the mechanics to me than, is it that aoe is better, slow attack is worse and ranged magic is stronger as it isn't buffed to make sure focus fire is not to strong? please explain, if you can't play a race that works fine in regular game AND IS MADE BETTER (due to dragons spasl) in this mode what else should i call you? should it be misguided?
nicolbolas>jace
nicolbolas>jace
Team Member

Back to top Go down

2.8 and its current state.. Empty Level somehow stronger?

Post  NoEQ Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:10 am

So, for any reason Levels seems to be pretty much stronger.
Don't know if its due to Race-changes e.g. balancing of different units etc. or if you changed something directly concerning the level (for example HP). Especially level 2 got somehow hard.

Concerning the "-gg" mode. I like the mode somehow but with the stronger levels you leak more and the new "-gg" doesn't balance the leaks of the split money.

So far, more coming.

NoEQ
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  nicolbolas>jace Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:17 am

NoEQ wrote:So, for any reason Levels seems to be pretty much stronger.
Don't know if its due to Race-changes e.g. balancing of different units etc. or if you changed something directly concerning the level (for example HP). Especially level 2 got somehow hard.

Concerning the "-gg" mode. I like the mode somehow but with the stronger levels you leak more and the new "-gg" doesn't balance the leaks of the split money.

So far, more coming.

just want to put this out here, right now: GG (the original) encourages BAD PLAYING (bad player can leak and they game still goes on. there is a never a point were the leaks become to much), you have no reason to get better at getting income while leaking-- because your team gets all the gold. THAN if you are not leaking, you have less of a reason to get income because the income that you get is achievable through BUILDING MORE.

the point of this mode (the new version) i believe is to make it so you still get some gold, but to encourage players to get better.

thanks what i think.

Last edited by nicolbolas>jace on Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : rephrasing, clarification)
nicolbolas>jace
nicolbolas>jace
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NoEQ Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:14 am

Ye actually you are right, what I meant was, that with the continously progressive growing hardness of the levels it seems to be somehow unbalanced...
So for example if you leak cuz the +9hp in comparison to ealier versions, you get in a huge leak of money...

NoEQ
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  nicolbolas>jace Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:04 am

NoEQ wrote:Ye actually you are right, what I meant was, that with the continously progressive growing hardness of the levels it seems to be somehow unbalanced...
So for example if you leak cuz the +9hp in comparison to ealier versions, you get in a huge leak of money...

see my post here for concepts on this.
nicolbolas>jace
nicolbolas>jace
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  von_Oberstain Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:52 am

new economy system should encourage people to develop worker-based economy (in original Legion, in good game income surpasses wave+bounty at ~ level 20). people who are playing 'turtle style' (invest NOTHING in economy, and EVERYTHING in army) actually do pretty well up to this point (if 'pretty well' means they can't loose, at least easily), but start to decline rapidly after this point.

this is the principle which encourages good resource management and good unit choice - one thing that new economy system should allow, while at the same time not overpowering pure incomers.

gg mode in its initial form didn't encourage this - gold was almost never lost as corollary to bad playing, furthermore - players were awarded with extra money, sometimes in more random then skill-based way (having lone long range shooter, for instance). current gg mode causes gold to disappear (as it should, if played badly), but doesn't cover endlevel gold difference between versions.

as UE 1.0 (first 'official') is coming soon, along with bugfixes and additional balances, it would be a great time to introduce new economy in X3
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fink Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:13 am

Glad to hear its coming soon can't wait!!!

Fink

Back to top Go down

Post  nicolbolas>jace Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:19 am

von_Oberstain wrote:new economy system should encourage people to develop worker-based economy (in original Legion, in good game income surpasses wave+bounty at ~ level 20). people who are playing 'turtle style' (invest NOTHING in economy, and EVERYTHING in army) actually do pretty well up to this point (if 'pretty well' means they can't loose, at least easily), but start to decline rapidly after this point.

this is the principle which encourages good resource management and good unit choice - one thing that new economy system should allow, while at the same time not overpowering pure incomers.

so try the 10%/15%/20%? if that does work (because you can just build, much easier) make it like 13-15%/18-20%/23-25%?
nicolbolas>jace
nicolbolas>jace
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down