Legion TD War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

attack order questions

4 posters

Go down

attack order questions Empty attack order questions

Post  Terence123 Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:16 pm

what exactly is the order, the priority of the units who they will attack?

- if i get a warrior or whelp at the beginning, he is mostly the last one alive. it seems that he gets ignored for full damage. if i get him on boss level, he and his friends suddenly are the highest priority target and my towers keep ignoring the bosses? wtf? my towers have to kill ALL militia before they can think about killing the bosses. =/ oh yeah, cheesy play. but very unlogical

is this bad luck? intentionally to make things harder?

- melee builds seem to generally suck at ranged levels. sometimes i lose even overdeffed battles with many melee on lvl16 (even with siege/medium armor!) just because, and yes, you know it all, you guys keep running from one side to the other, lowering their dps for 90% because THEY JUST DONT ATTACK. oh lord, i raged so often because of that shit, even thinking about makes me almost raging now. i love melee builds, but they keep getting wrecked coz of ki mistakes, not undervalue or shit towers -.-

what the hell is their attack order? do they want to focus the lowest hp? even if he is most far away? and is about to get killed in 1 sec? i was wondering soooooo many times why they just dont attack the guy next to them =/ ranged towers should be the only one priorizing low ones to take them out, so they cant hurt your tanks.

- the focus on bosses is sometimes a joke. who hasnt leaked a boss yet, just because the towers love to spread their damage equally ;D

dunno if things can be changed or if its a wc3 problem that a modder cant fix. dunno what possibilities for target priorization and choosing exist ^^

Terence123
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

attack order questions Empty Re: attack order questions

Post  sunderkeenin Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:25 pm

No really. Tower focus sucks massive smelly rotting donkey balls. Shit needs some fixin'

sunderkeenin
Cyborg
Cyborg

Back to top Go down

Post  NERV Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:36 am

Unit focus more on low hp targets, since income usually come to you with full hp, they end being neglected. Sometimes units will kill incomes first when there is not other creeps around them.

Terence123 wrote:
- the focus on bosses is sometimes a joke. who hasnt leaked a boss yet, just because the towers love to spread their damage equally ;D

I don't have much problems with bosses at all, most of time I'm with 16xx value at level 10 and I manage to kill 2-3 bosses. Looks to me like you're spreading too much your units. Build next to wall in the center of your team (this means right side for red, left for teal) and you should do better.

Terence123 wrote:
- melee builds seem to generally suck at ranged levels.

Well, for most games, melee characters have a little more trouble fighting range characters. In Legion, 50% of this is true. If you build medium armor units against magic attack creeps you'll probably be victorious (e.g. Sword Mage/Butchers ownz range levels, although Butchers are a little slower than sword mage). You can also think in the other way: against Medium armor creeps, build normal attack units. Anyway, a good idea would be to have some range dps too to kill creeps while melee are tanking/dyeing.

Just for the record: Beast is all about melee units, yet you can clear all levels without leaks and with high income. (some minor leaks at level 16 is my biggest issue).
NERV
NERV
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  Nortan Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:42 am

I've had crazy splits on level 10 with good units that caused triple boss leak with each at 1 - 350 hitpoints. This is without using elite archers or other aoe junk. Those aren't too common, but when they happen it drives me crazy Evil or Very Mad Usually it's contributed to the other team sending 10+ peasants my way, but not always. The bosses sometimes like to shift backwards around eachother and it can completely switch focus. I've also had problems where one boss would run a long distance to get to my ranged (zues/meliai) when I had melee that was still alive nearby them. That is just as irritating. Proper diagonal wall positioning can help with that, but I've seen it happen in the most ridiculous cases. My builds can often handle 10 but the triple leaks with all low hitspoints really throw your game off.
Nortan
Nortan
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down