Legion TD War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legion TD Mega QUESTIONS

5 posters

Go down

Legion TD Mega QUESTIONS Empty Legion TD Mega QUESTIONS

Post  Kongk Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:01 am

If you have any questions, this is the place. All questions regarding Legion TD Mega are very welcome in here..

This is not the place for suggestions / feedback etc. though.

Feedback and suggestions is very appreciated in here:
https://legiontd.forumotion.com/t451-legion-td-mega-35-beta-11

Kongk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Legion TD Mega QUESTIONS Empty Re: Legion TD Mega QUESTIONS

Post  BossHK Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:29 am

How is Ghost supposed to work?

I mean, they do lack hitpoints, which can be compensate a little bit with Apparation and Gravekeeper auras, but thats -15% dmg reduction which is not usefull untill lategame. Imo their towers are strong individuals but do not work well together untill lategame when u can afford to get towers, their midgame is nonexistent and they just cant get into lategame unless superfed.

Tier1: Excellent at bosses, otherwise almoust useless, not going to pay 265gold for 440hp without proper frontline.
Tier2: Again, Villain is good vs bosses, but there is no reason to build Hero when u got that absurd tier4. Only reason to build it might be different armor type, but it becomes kinda useless before midgame with ~800hp.
Tier3: Very good early, but falls off hard midgame with only ~550hp and being very low range.
Tier4: Defining power of Ghost race, Forsaken One is supergood tower, no denying it. The thing is, its tier4 and costs 200+210 gold, together with tier5 being support tower with 250+200 gold(why it costs less to upgrade than to get in first hand? :p) midgame will be rought to get going. Also Forsaken One's cant proc their armor buff at ranged levels before they have taken a lot of dmg.
Tier5: Support tier5 with huge gold costs? Cannot afford before endgame, not even that usefull earlier, also pierce dmg Sad
Tier6: Again, very strong vs bosses, otherwise meh for tier6 unit. After buffs Dark Priest is okayish, but still you are paying a lot for that single target ability which deals small dmg around target.

Overview: Good early with some flaws(magic vs your only tanks), and then you get to midgame where you don't know what to do. Mass tier4 for frontline you desperately need? You will get no shooters and are countered hard by magic rounds AND ranged rounds and SUPERHARD by ranged magic rounds. Tier3? Not good after first bosses, getting onehitted by creeps. Tier2?? Tier2 tanks just cant take it, shooter is boss round only. Tier5 costing strawberrys to reduce enemies dmg by ~10 at midgame, no thx. Tier6? Ok, but before we do that, we need something in between of DP/Meridian and those 40 creeps--> Tier4, costs kinda much to get countered in rounds 12(not that much cause pierce)13, 16 gg, 18. Oh and sends in those rounds; 30 through, no money--> no income, no value, get left behind.

Conclusion: How to play midgame(+ earlygame to get base for midgame)? Rework/tweak units/unit tier orders/whatnot?

BossHK
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  NERV Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:08 am

BossHK wrote:How is Ghost supposed to work?

How to play midgame(+ earlygame to get base for midgame)? Rework/tweak units/unit tier orders/whatnot?

Hello mr. BossHK.

https://legiontd.forumotion.com/t352-request-ghost#2832 <== check this post here, there's a viable ghost build there. If you want more lumber in early, you can skip that Soul of villain at level 9, you won't leak, but you might leak 1 or 2 bosses on level 10. Quite possible to get 7/4, sometimes 7/5 before arena. You won't need that Villain until you hit level 20.

As you said, Apparition's not very good at early, very expensive unit, only -1 dmg aura, has low hp's, not good. But -10 dmg in mid level is a lot. I usually don't stack the auras until I get to the second arena fight though, where I usually already have 7/16.

5~6 Hell raiser is a good amount of Hell raiser for mid levels, the rest of your gold should be pumped into more Forsaken's. After level 20 you want to have at least 12~15 Forsaken One's (just enough so you can have a clear defense line) and as many dark priest as you can have. Wait until level 28 to upgrade 'em to Meridians. After level 28, keep upgrading dark priest to meridians. Add many Outcasts for level 31.

Hope this helps.
Cya.
NERV
NERV
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  Kongk Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:26 am

I generally wont go much into details about strategies or how to play exact races.. I'm sure other people are more than willing to help on that matter (@thanks Nerv)

I simply wanna clarify that Phantoms and Hell Raisers don't do magic damage.. They do spell damage, which is unbelievably imba.. Spell damage isn't like Chaos damage, which alot of people think.. 55 spell damage is 55 less hp to the damage receiver, regardless of armor type or amount of armor..

Therefore I think that Hell Raisers can do great in midgame as well, if they are protected well..

Best Regards
Kongk

Kongk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BossHK Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:42 am

Btw when we are on topic, what is difference between spell dmg and chaos dmg? Afaik both do true dmg(canot be reduced by any type of armor)?

Thx Nerv, need to experiment more Ghost.

BossHK
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  supersexyy Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:33 am

Chaos is reduced by armour, spell damage is reduced by magic resistance.

supersexyy
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Kongk Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:19 pm

Exactly. Smile

And since no creebs have magic resistance in Legion, Spell damage will always do 100% damage.. No matter how much armor the creep has..

Chaos damage will be reduced by armor.. All creebs have 3 armor in Legion TD Mega, which means that Chaos damage will always deal 85% damage (3 armor means damage reduction at 15%)

I hope it helps you understand the difference? Smile

Best Regards
Kongk

Kongk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  supersexyy Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:37 pm

But phantoms cannot be buffed by chopper or captain, nor gain bonus from ascendant debuff. Regardless, they're one of the most balanced units in 3.41, not sure about the newer version but I see no reason why they should have been touched.

supersexyy
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  NERV Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:14 pm

@supersexyy

I agree with everything you said, IMO they used to work just fine in 3.41. Although my Hell raisers and Dark Priests very rarely engage in close range combat, unarmored defense type and the energy shield makes them more reliable without other ghost units, so, I suppose the changes made in Hell raiser/Dark priest were intended for prophet/hybrid rolls.  geek

Last edited by NERV on Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : woooops small mistake)
NERV
NERV
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  supersexyy Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:18 pm

I only play prophet and they are one of the most balanced units. Dark priest and meridians were completely shit, hope they're better now lol.

supersexyy
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  HighestIncome Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:50 am

Just to clarify becase I think you guys missed it: "Chaos damage ignores ARMOR TYPE, which means that it deals 100% damage to all armor TYPES, but it is reduced by ARMOR VALUE and base is 3, as mentioned"

Best Regards, HI
HighestIncome
HighestIncome
Neotank

https://twitter.com/HighestIncome

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down