Legion TD War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2.8beta bugs and to-do thread

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2.8beta bugs and to-do thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2.8beta bugs and to-do thread

Post  nicolbolas>jace Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:57 pm

Moona wrote:
called overbuild, some races have to do it for some levels, perfect example it: in LISK maps (should be true for these as well) mech can hold level 12 and 13 with ultralow value (under 900) in x1 mode, but it needs to have 1150 or more to hold level 14 (usually) and even more to hold level 15... this is called saving than overbuilding, it is part of the game. learn how to do it..... also "revenge" does "120% damage to air" is a WTF ability and seem randomly placed, should be removed with slight stat buff

I do actually have a fair idea how this game works so there is no need to make assumptions. That may have been viable in 2.7 of 1.6 but with the new lumbering system of 2.8 overbuilding with certain races does not cover the very high chance of getting sent narly creeps that tear any weakness you have in that round apart.
i choose to be careful with explanations, sometimes it can solve the problem much faster than says something about it. i did not mean to say that you didn't know how to play the game.
Moona wrote:
troll's (in beast) are not meant to be tank, but they are used as tanks. the race is supposed to be weak versus air..... were else can it be weak, it has debuffs that are spread around and splash...

i personally think troll should be buffed (its stats suck) and i think a solution that might help the lack of medium armor would be a troll with TWO choices of upgades to warlord, OR to a melee troll, costing about 200 or so gold.

Yes they are supposed to be weak vs air, but they need something to give them a fighting chance. And yes the Troll does suck, giving it two different upgrades as you said seems like a good option.
they have a fighting chance, most air units have light armor, VS harpies/medusa pierce damage, all you need is bashers/bears to tank for them, if that troll upgrade is made i would say a few of those also.
nicolbolas>jace
nicolbolas>jace
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Moona Sun May 01, 2011 12:38 pm

they have a fighting chance, most air units have light armor, VS harpies/medusa pierce damage, all you need is bashers/bears to tank for them, if that troll upgrade is made i would say a few of those also.
'

I think you mean magic damage, but as you know both pierce and magic do the same 110% to Light armor.

Just adding a couple bugs etc from our report email-

-Clicking the Fel orc grunt makes Wc3 crash on Mac.
-1 out 10 times on average on level 6 it will not let you build a Tier 6 unit. Has happened to me with these towers Pillar of Fire, Sea Gaint, Neotank, Dark Priest, Seer of Darkness, Minotaur, Yggdrasil, Spawn of Dragon
-Mutiple complaints about GG, CB and lumbering rate. Not worth listing them all though, same trend however

Moona
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  von_Oberstain Thu May 05, 2011 5:01 am

what exactly happens on level 6? t6 cannot be built, but what happen afterwards? can t6 be built on level 7?

it is one line command, that normally can't backfire, unless other bugs (from warcraft editor in general) are involved. furthermore, the same command is repeated at each level afterwards.

you may noticed 4 towers at the top of the map (between red and blue, or yellow and teal), which are upgraded automatically after lvl5 to 'oberst tower'). if tower isn't upgraded, there is no t6...

i can replace upgrade command with different one-liner, or make another checkup if towers are upgraded or not, but the current command should be correct already. please report state of 'oberst tower' if you encounter this bug again, and whether t6 is enabled in next level or not...
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Moona Sat May 07, 2011 9:44 am

von_Oberstain wrote:what exactly happens on level 6? t6 cannot be built, but what happen afterwards? can t6 be built on level 7?

it is one line command, that normally can't backfire, unless other bugs (from warcraft editor in general) are involved. furthermore, the same command is repeated at each level afterwards.

you may noticed 4 towers at the top of the map (between red and blue, or yellow and teal), which are upgraded automatically after lvl5 to 'oberst tower'). if tower isn't upgraded, there is no t6...

i can replace upgrade command with different one-liner, or make another checkup if towers are upgraded or not, but the current command should be correct already. please report state of 'oberst tower' if you encounter this bug again, and whether t6 is enabled in next level or not...

It was reported through our email so am no 100% sure. From what I read he says that if he cant build it on level 6 he cannot build it for the rest of the game.

Some more fixes/bugs etc:

-Improve the fire machines flame aura, has gone from one extreme to the other- has been nerfed far to much - increase its damage and the cost of final upgrade
-Change the Assault tanks model - it currently looks a bit like a Lego piece
-When a emeny creep is under the effects of cold armor from Mermaids Frost armor it doesnt give a decription under status. Just a blank box
-Fel champions attack turns to normal once the round starts - people have told me it happens to other units in this race also
-Enemy creeps effected by Kodo beasts burn do not show decription under status. Just a blank box
-Acolytes have been nerfed to much. Buff up there hp a bit more. It was always a hard round, but not that difficult. if you built correctly. Now its a walk in the park
-Make the max wisps able to be built 30. I know lumbering doesnt increase after 30 but cut if off altogether
-Give the Ice troll back its normal frost aura. Its current ability Frost is pretty useless.
-Bring back damage ranges for new units or ones you have changed.
-Randoming a Pillar of Fire with hybrid - Unit only appears as a small flame, cannot see it

Moona
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  von_Oberstain Sat May 07, 2011 7:01 pm

i'll need more info on level 6 bug - does it disappear on lvl7, does it apply to other players in the same game, status of all 'oberst towers' - basically a replay

- fire machine is not weak, it just cannot solo first two levels for 140g
- assault tank IS admittedly pretty ugly, guess i'll replace it when i find model of suitable size
- ok, acolyte is returned to previous stats
- blood orc attack bug is fixed
- thank you for reporting tooltips, it's important that they are reported specifically and not in general manner, since there is A LOT of tooltips - ~400 units and ~500 abilities (ok, not all abilities have a tooltip, but you get the picture)
- i don't understand wisp problem
- troll aura was too powerful for unit that cheap (eg. on first boss, he basically kills himself), its upgrade still has it
- almost invisible hybrid units - this goes a long time, basically since hybrid was introduced. i guess it's some general warcraft bug (happens also for ghost t1, but not always, making it impossible to fix, for me, at least). important thing is that unit itself works normally
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Moona Sat May 07, 2011 10:05 pm

von_Oberstain wrote:i'll need more info on level 6 bug - does it disappear on lvl7, does it apply to other players in the same game, status of all 'oberst towers' - basically a replay

- fire machine is not weak, it just cannot solo first two levels for 140g
- assault tank IS admittedly pretty ugly, guess i'll replace it when i find model of suitable size
- ok, acolyte is returned to previous stats
- blood orc attack bug is fixed
- thank you for reporting tooltips, it's important that they are reported specifically and not in general manner, since there is A LOT of tooltips - ~400 units and ~500 abilities (ok, not all abilities have a tooltip, but you get the picture)
- i don't understand wisp problem
- troll aura was too powerful for unit that cheap (eg. on first boss, he basically kills himself), its upgrade still has it
- almost invisible hybrid units - this goes a long time, basically since hybrid was introduced. i guess it's some general warcraft bug (happens also for ghost t1, but not always, making it impossible to fix, for me, at least). important thing is that unit itself works normally

Ill try and email the person back and see if they can give me a replay we can look at, as I have not experienced it myself. I will keep trying to identify any probs with tooltips and let you know. Those where just a couple I noticed in the limited games I have played.
Yes I guess the basic troll was a bit strong. Maybe you could change the name of the aura of the upgraded unit to just Frost Aura rather then Enhanced Frost Aura, as that indicates an upgrade from former basic troll.
The Hybrid bug isn't a big deal, just thought it may have been fixed with a new version but if its been a common problem there's nothing you can do.

As far as I know I'm the only person hosting 2.8 and the bot has hosted since I set up a bot for this version, just over 10k games. So that's a good sign especially with each release being a vast improvement on the last.

Moona
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Moona Mon May 09, 2011 9:05 am

This took me quite awhile to find all these bugs/fixes Really hope they are of help.

Artic

Azure Dragon - Azure dragon needs to be reworked, far to weak now. His splash damage needs to be increased. Frost Nova ability also needs a shorter cool down.
There is a spelling mistake in his Splash Damage ability once creeps spawn. 'Attacks deal splash damage to ground units' -- Deal is spelt deall
His Frost Nova ability once creeps spawn shows a bunch of random letters and numbers

Young Frost Dragon - This basic dragon needs a little something, at the moment its a pretty dam weak tier 6 unit
There is a tooltip-status missing when creeps are under the effects of its Frost Nova - Slow ability
His Frost Nova ability has a spelling error in its description - second is spelt secound

Ice Troll - Tool tip-status is blank when creeps are under the effect of its Frost ability
Also description explains 'Frost ability slow units movement and attack speed for 0 seconds' is that correct?

Ice Troll Shadow Priest - Tool tip-status is blank when an air unit is under the effect of its aerial shackles ability

Wendigo + Ancient Wendigo - Please change them back to medium armor, this race always struggled with air and as most air rounds are magic damage these guys don't stand a chance.

Pandaren - Spelling mistake in its description of Freezing Breath ability - second spelt secound

Goblin

Engineer - Change the model of this unit. Looking a bit like a Lego piece

Fire machine - Tool tip-status When a creep is under the effects of its burn ability it does not give a full description under status

Goblin gunner - When you click on the Promote to Goblin sniper upgrade - Next to its Armor type-Light There is a bunch of random letters + numbers

Goblin sniper - Have yet to see its Disabling Wounds ability trigger

Goblin walker - Its Hp bar sits way above where it should be. It also has an icon where a units descriptions usually are, this has no description.
When you click on the upgrade to this unit it says it has no ability. It seems it has some form of multi shot - AOE damage but no details etc about it as I mentioned above
A supposedly melee tower that shoots rockets? Doesn't make much sense.

War Zeppelin - There is no description of the units burning oil ability at all. Once the round begins it shows the icon for it but no description
Units under the effect of Burning Oil show a blank description under status

Goblin Scholar - First off this units Protective Dome ability is a bit strong, this unit can solo the first two waves.
When a unit is under the effects of this ability it does not show under status. This is also the same for its Flammable shot ability - Does not give a full description
Once rounds starts the description of its Protective Dome & Flammable shot come up with a bunch of random letters and numbers

Goblin Magister - Mistake in Holy Gear-Heal spelling description once round starts. Says it heals a unit for 25hp should be 250hp.
These units should also be able to heal themselves?

Golbin Brute - When upgrading from Brawler it says it has an ability called Armor Smash which lowers creeps armor by 1? There is no description of this ability once the upgrade is completed. Nor is there a status description for it when a unit is under the effects of it

Blood Orc

Fel Orc Grunt - When upgrading to a Fel Orc Fighter the description of what it upgrades to is muddled up - Damage & HP on the same line

Fel Orc Hunter - There is no description of its Fast ability or Armor Piercing Strike? Only shows its Critical Strike ability

Fel Orc Protecter - Both its Ignore Damage and Evasion ability description sit a few lines above the box

Fel Orc Fighter - Maybe increase its Pierce damage a bit?

Kodo Beast - Give a better description for its Burning body ability - say that it does 10 damage per second etc. I also feel that this ability needs to be nerfed a bit. This unit has become 2.7's Goblin Fire Machine
Once the round starts it shows the same ability twice. One with a full description and the other the same as the pre-level description.
Does not give a tool tip under status when creeps are under the effects of the Kodo Beasts or Fel Kodo Beasts burning body ability

Bone Collector - Mutilate ability does not show a tool tip-status when creeps under the effect of it. Just appears blank

Fel Champion - As you already know damage type changes from Chaos to Normal once round starts

Pillar of Fire - Tool tip-status missing for units under the effect of Flame strike - box is blank. Also once round starts the Flame Strike description dissapears and a bunch of random letters & numbers appear.
No description of the units Living Flame ability

Firelord - No description of Living Flame or Incinerate ability. When you go to upgrade the Pillar of Fire to a Fire lord it says it has a Meteorites ability - This ability doesn't appear anywhere once the unit is upgraded.
Units under the effect of the burn ability it seemingly has? Does not show under status. Is this the Meteorites ability?

Dwarf

Mortorman - His Splash ability has no description once upgraded.

General - Personally I think this aura needs to be changed An increase in damage to ranged attacks when the race has a strong melee base? Make it a healing aura or something more useful for this race!
In the meantime, towers benefiting from Accuracy aura do not show up under status - Just a blank box with no description

Dwarven Archmage - No description of his Accuracy aura - box is completely blank. When units are linked through his Blood Ties ability does not give a description in status.

Shield Breaker - Half the time the units Sturdy does not activate and not just because he dies to fast seems to happen even when he loses HP slowly. Also when it does activate there is no description in the box just a blank

Paladin - Description for Resistance ability once round begins disappears. Also once round starts Shock ability has an extra description 'Don't work on bosses' this should be changed to be grammatically correct 'Doesn't or Does not'

Battle priest - I like what you have done with this unit. Is now very strong against both 7&8 and so on. I think its Magic resistance needs to be lowered a bit however. This unit can solo 8 and still have half its HP remaining.
Again, once rounds starts both Resistance and Holy Shield descriptions disappear

Element

Golem - Give him an ability or buff him up somehow. This race seriously lacks a decent melee unit.
Disciple - Spelling mistake when you click to upgrade to Messiah -his Amplify Magic is spelt Amblify

Ghost

Give them a stronger Melee unit - The Soul of Hero is ok early-mid game but doesn't stand a chance later game - Also its Change Stance ability is rather redundant and is almost never used. Give it a useful ability that will help it later game/and or buff the unit up

Creeps

Troll Bat rider - Burning Fields ability has no description when you click on it. Towers under the effect of it have no description under status
Master Warden - Knife ability has no description
Gryphon - No description of Stun ability
Inferno - Immolation ability Does it even work?
Anuburak - No description of ability when you click on it. Also no tool tip-status for towers under the effect of its Stun
Ninja - No description of Ninja Style ability when you click on it.
Demon Hunter - No tool tip-status for units under the effects of his chance to stun. Maybe also a good idea to lower his HP a bit. This dude is tank!
Ice Troll - Towers under the effect of its Cold ability does not show tool tip under status - blank box

Moona
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

2.8beta bugs and to-do thread - Page 2 Empty outcast/forsaken one...

Post  nicolbolas>jace Mon May 09, 2011 5:01 pm

Moona wrote:
Ghost
Give them a stronger Melee unit - The Soul of Hero is ok early-mid game but doesn't stand a chance later game - Also its Change Stance ability is rather redundant and is almost never used. Give it a useful ability that will help it later game/and or buff the unit up

cal outcast/forsaken one. Wink
nicolbolas>jace
nicolbolas>jace
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  von_Oberstain Mon May 09, 2011 9:56 pm

thank you for detailed bug description. some of them are already fixed - there should *really* be new version soon, as soon as new economy is tested (i'm the reason it's late, due to unplanned personal issues).

frost dragon is on the schedule for changing both spells (mainly cause they are very laggy), kodo beast immolation is 7 dps.

most balance issues will probably look different when economy fix is done.

i also take back what i've said about ~500 abilities, that is without effects, so there's, in fact, more.

dwarves (there were already debate regarding this) have plenty of ranged units - t1/upg, t3/upg, t4/upg, t5upg, so i think ranged auras are in order. sturdy does work, but it's probably not that noticeable when unit is focused and have only 30% hp left already

anyway, abilities does work, some have (had) no tooltip or description, like goblin brute, which does -1 to target armor (non-stackable)

anyway, economy balancing is current major priority, other fixes come after since my free time dropped down drastically, not to mention play-time - i don't even manage to play one game a day
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Moona Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:55 pm

When can we expect the new release?

Moona
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  von_Oberstain Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:07 pm

the next release will contain economy fix (simple thing, but should have huge impact on gameplay and overall balance), and will be released... soon, i hope

other than that, apart from tooltips and bugfixes, nothing major will happen for a while (unfortunately, i found myself totally out of time for a while now, i don't know when it will end exactly)

however, work is not going to stop, and there should be new races during the summer (likely 4 or 5 of them), released one-by-one after proper balance testing is done - say 3 weeks per race on average, depending on complexity - new races should have highly distinctive gameplay (no more generic races will be added)
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2