Legion TD War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In House League

4 posters

Go down

In House League Empty In House League

Post  supersexyy Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:26 am

Hi,

Just wondering if you guys do an inhouse LTD league and what kind of stats do you pull (games per day, how long the league has been up for).
It seems like there's some competitive players on here but I have not heard of anyone.

At Clan Ent we have a very competitive vouch based league. The top players from here are welcome to play and test out their skills.
The full list of rules can be found on our forums (new members can't post links).
The main two rules are the following: all games are -hpgmcb prop and no merc is allowed.

With this new competitive league most players find it difficult to go back to 'pub' bots as the skill difference is so big.

Cheers
Sexy

supersexyy
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

In House League Empty Re: In House League

Post  sunderkeenin Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:09 am

Personally I say hybrid is a better test of skill than prophet as with a larger number of units to random around you have a better chance of reaching a normalish position by 15 or so than with prophet if you get two extremely awkward rolls in a row.
We do sort of have what you're talking about in UCPub if we play with friends and other players of equal or higher skill that are wiling to have fun with it. The more fun you have the more likely you are to enter a state of flow from the challenge, and play at higher levels than you normally do(better decisions. Hybrid is also better about forcing you to make huge judgement calls as well than prophet which results in either cookiecutter builds or total improvision which gives one team a huge advantage or disadvantage in most situations.)

sunderkeenin
Cyborg
Cyborg

Back to top Go down

Post  supersexyy Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:14 am

With prophet you end up with a set of towers which can be exploited on certain levels. With hybrid you end up with a bunch of everything so sending skill gets reduced by a lot.

Where can I find this competition on the UC bot?

You are all also welcome to observe our games, we idle in Clan LIHL channel on East if interested.

Also would you guys like to compete against some LIHL players in a 4v4 3.41 -hpgmcb prop?

supersexyy
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Unholy_Rave Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:32 am

You can call HI i guess, but then you really need some epic players if you want good and competetive games. After HI you can try to find some known UC members. Go check "Famous players?" or "Most skilled players" posts, there you have names of the best players.

Rave

Unholy_Rave
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderkeenin Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:01 pm

supersexyy wrote:With prophet you end up with a set of towers which can be exploited on certain levels. With hybrid you end up with a bunch of everything so sending skill gets reduced by a lot.

Where can I find this competition on the UC bot?

You are all also welcome to observe our games, we idle in Clan LIHL channel on East if interested.

Also would you guys like to compete against some LIHL players in a 4v4 3.41 -hpgmcb prop?
Sending skill is actually increased at least tenfold as you need to pay attention to what your team is sending when the enemies leak as well as which rounds to determine the weaknesses of the units instead of simply how much the enemy is sending as exploitable units(ARCHERSWOLVSAHEMAHEM.) make easy to identify. If a certain player is sending much more than the rest of the enemy team he probably randomed those units thus act accordingly. However if a certain player is sending like that without either set of units yet leaks a seemingly innocent round then you can find the overarching weaknesses of their hybrid rolls. It's a more subtle battle as well as forcing extremely difficult judgement calls to hold in the first place much less playing the gambling game that is pushing lumber when you have no certainty that you will be holding the round itself if you get a certain amount of lumber the current round. It's a guessing game based on a little bit of luck, and a lot of skill. You have to learn cushions, how to exploit the RNG giving players overarching setup weaknesses, and most of all how to handle those very troubles in your own setup each and every game. It makes prophet look like childsplay.

sunderkeenin
Cyborg
Cyborg

Back to top Go down

Post  supersexyy Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:55 pm

Exactly what I like to hear. You should be able to crush us 'children' then Smile

supersexyy
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  HighestIncome Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:38 pm

Sounds good for me, i guess it would be good to test and compare skill levels with ENT players. 

About hybrid/prophet discussion i totaly agree with sunderkeenin. And of course, it is not any problem, i can play proph as well.

Best Regards, HighestIncome
HighestIncome
HighestIncome
Neotank

https://twitter.com/HighestIncome

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderkeenin Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:25 pm

supersexyy wrote:Exactly what I like to hear. You should be able to crush us 'children' then Smile
I'm not saying I'm any better than any of you. I'm saying that if I were to achieve that level of play I'd have to keep way more in mind than with prophet. I've been binging RPGs lately. My skills are deteriorating by the minute.

sunderkeenin
Cyborg
Cyborg

Back to top Go down

Post  supersexyy Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:54 pm

No challengers, that's disappointing.

supersexyy
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down