Legion TD War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Troops

4 posters

Go down

Best Troops Empty Best Troops

Post  Arq321 Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:22 am

Hello Smile
Im new in this forum , but not new to legion. I play since 1,5 year with breaks.
I would like to ask you about which troops are best to build in your opinion.
Well i think best are archers, yggdrasils>tree of knowledge, and goblin alchemists.
Please post what troops are best by your experience ;-)

Arq321
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Best Troops Empty Re: Best Troops

Post  Nortan Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:52 am

Arq321 wrote:Hello Smile
Im new in this forum , but not new to legion. I play since 1,5 year with breaks.
I would like to ask you about which troops are best to build in your opinion.
Well i think best are archers, yggdrasils>tree of knowledge, and goblin alchemists.
Please post what troops are best by your experience ;-)
In 3.41? Well it goes without saying that ranged is generally preferred.

Tanks: hydra/hades all around and Tree of knowledge for incoming purposes. Melee and neo/assault are okay but not optimal by the end. I don't personally like fenix late game and it's terrible earlier game. All dragons suck in 3.41 unless you are using their cleave to help clear a specific lvl like lvl 7 or lvl 13.

Good early game melee: wolverine, blasters, goliath if used correctly, magnataur, spawn of dragon just for lvl 1-3 and 7, nightmare for 1-3 but eh, and yggdrasil of course

Good range: elite arcers, turrets, meliai, mercurial + meridian past lvl 17, zues, wind rider, ascendant, and alpha males for early game.

Pretty much ANY aura as well as debuffer/buffer is a good unit to use one way or another.

I typed this out in 5 minutes so I'm sure theres good stuff that I left out and will add later.
Nortan
Nortan
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  HighestIncome Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:20 am

I've been playing a lot of games recently, and as far as my knowledge and experience stands, 
top 10 units for me personally are next: 

1) Bottom Feeder
2) Infantry 
3)egg shack
4)Graymane
5)Hellraiser
6)Orc warlock (one with corruption, not healing aura)
7)Naga Siren 
8 )Elite Archer
9) Yggdrasil
10)Alchemist

It would be a bit hard for me to explain why this order is like it is, but if you any questions, feel free to ask.

Best Regards, HighestIncome
HighestIncome
HighestIncome
Neotank

https://twitter.com/HighestIncome

Back to top Go down

Post  Nortan Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:16 pm

HighestIncome wrote:I've been playing a lot of games recently, and as far as my knowledge and experience stands, 
top 10 units for me personally are next: 

1) Bottom Feeder
2) Infantry 
3)egg shack
4)Graymane
5)Hellraiser
6)Orc warlock (one with corruption, not healing aura)
7)Naga Siren 
8 )Elite Archer
9) Yggdrasil
10)Alchemist

It would be a bit hard for me to explain why this order is like it is, but if you any questions, feel free to ask.

Ah I missed greymane. Siren falls under buffer/aura for me but it is one of the best earlier game support units. I should have mentioned bottom feeder as well since it can be really useful early on. The only one I'm confused about is egg sack. You use it to tank the first few levels or something? I don't really see the usefulness.
Nortan
Nortan
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  HighestIncome Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:03 am

Egg sack is good to tank lvls 1-9. It is also good to upgrade it on lvl 5 if you miss some dmg output for birds. Anyways, it shines on imbalaced lvl 3 for example. One more thing i wanted to mention about that top ten is reason why most of them are tier 2. So, i think that tier 6 towers are irrelevant because you build them in lategame, so dragon spawn or neotank, with good income your mass is going to rape every lategame lvl. (for me, good mass is 18000+ on lvl 28 ).  (as a hybrid player) for me   tier 2 and tier 5 are two most important tiers in game.  

Edit: I would like to swap Naga Siren with aqua spirit.

Last edited by HighestIncome on Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
HighestIncome
HighestIncome
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  Danavortil Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:38 am

I'd say greymane is the best unit in 3.41. It shines almost every level, except 8, where you can easily cover with some ranged like oceanus/alpha male/wyvern. Very high dps+tankiness, with low gold and food requirements.
Pandarens are also quite good for early game, can help holding every level undervalued. Too bad it requires 2 food, a bit high for such a low tier unit.
And good point, HighestIncome. Tier 6 units are irrelevant, as you build them for late game, where generally values speak more than what kind of towers you got.

Danavortil
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  HighestIncome Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:19 am

Graymane have one big disadvantage, which is delayed 'pump up' or buff, however you wanna call it. It really sucks vs. ranged magic waves, because he dies before he even gets +5 armor and bonus dmg. Besides that, he is really good on almost every mid-game wave. 

@Danavortil
"Tier 6 units are irrelevant, as you build them for late game, where generally values speak more than what kind of towers you got."

I would like to correct you a bit here, in lategame income speaks more than anything else Very Happy (dont say income=value, theres no1 that knows that better then me) 

@Nortan 

"All dragons suck in 3.41 unless you are using their cleave to help clear a specific lvl like lvl 7 or lvl 13."

As my online friend Norty and me have disagreements here and there, it looks like it wont stop soon Smile . I just CAN NOT AGREE WITH THIS. 

Reasons: 
1) Unupgraded dragons are good as tanks in early and early mid game. (dragon spawn can make you 5/1 on lvl 3 easily, for example)
2) Azure dragon AOE slow+armor buff is imba, in my opininon.
3) Dragons are best lategame 'legion lords' units because they fly above all other units, so almost all of them can attack/tank at the same time, they dont bug themselves like other, ground units. 

Personal msg: I will be inactive for a 15-20 more days or so, then we can join some games Smile . Tell me how is the 'ban' thing standin? Any news?

HighestIncome
HighestIncome
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  Nortan Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:56 pm

HighestIncome wrote:Graymane have one big disadvantage, which is delayed 'pump up' or buff, however you wanna call it. It really sucks vs. ranged magic waves, because he dies before he even gets +5 armor and bonus dmg. Besides that, he is really good on almost every mid-game wave. 

@Danavortil
"Tier 6 units are irrelevant, as you build them for late game, where generally values speak more than what kind of towers you got."

I would like to correct you a bit here, in lategame income speaks more than anything else Very Happy (dont say income=value, theres no1 that knows that better then me) 

@Nortan 

"All dragons suck in 3.41 unless you are using their cleave to help clear a specific lvl like lvl 7 or lvl 13."

As my online friend Norty and me have disagreements here and there, it looks like it wont stop soon Smile . I just CAN NOT AGREE WITH THIS. 

Reasons: 
1) Unupgraded dragons are good as tanks in early and early mid game. (dragon spawn can make you 5/1 on lvl 3 easily, for example)
2) Azure dragon AOE slow+armor buff is imba, in my opininon.
3) Dragons are best lategame 'legion lords' units because they fly above all other units, so almost all of them can attack/tank at the same time, they dont bug themselves like other, ground units. 

Personal msg: I will be inactive for a 15-20 more days or so, then we can join some games Smile . Tell me how is the 'ban' thing standin? Any news?

1) only thing they are good for
2) It can help early game for some levels but I'd hardly call it imba. I still hate that mermaid shield doesn't work with it.
3) This depends on what units your team is running. If you got a lot of long range you don't need to worry as much about units getting stuck. I wouldn't call them the best for the end (they still attack slow and the splash is crap). At best I thing of them as not being detrimental or potentially useful Very Happy. It's not a unit you would want to mass by any means in my opinion. I have mixed feelings but I often upgrade some after lvl 30; using them only as meat shields before then.

I don't have much to say about the ban. Kreutertee is almost exclusively inactive. I talked for awhile with someone that helps with the bot while kreut is away (apparently saucerbot occasionally has a person behind it. I was a bit surprised to find out) and he agreed that the autoban is causing an issue. Apparently HuanAK left him a copy of the map to work with as well which is interesting. I made sure to bring up my displeasure with the way wave 34 and 35 work in 3.5. I try to raise the autoban issue whenever possible because I think it's kind of ridiculous that there is nothing almost anyone can do to address the autoban complaints. Most people just open a new account and keep that from having a low stayrate % or they use another bot.

I still think UCbot is a great bot but kreutertee may have not thought that new feature though very well. He was trying to keep frequent leavers out of games but the threshold for the autoban is rather low. I'm not sure of the exact numbers but it seems to be ~15+ games with <65% stayrate. Something like 50+ games might have been more lenient but on the other hand that might just encourage people to leave more often. I'm pretty secure at ~1900 games with 97% stay so the autoban implementation was of little concern at the time.
Nortan
Nortan
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  HighestIncome Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:07 pm

I am pretty sure that you release that i can't change my account. I told you about my plans, so stayrate on UC wouldn't be a problem. Anywayz, thanks for trying to fix my problem, i appreciate that. 

Best Regards, HI
HighestIncome
HighestIncome
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum