Legion TD War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bug with Hibrid

3 posters

Go down

Bug with Hibrid Empty Bug with Hibrid

Post  DontPlayNice Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:57 am

When I play Hibrid some of tier1 and tier2(witch I build) disappeared before the fight, after them it appear but i cant sold them. If you wont repley I can dl them, but think you see that your own eyes if play hibrid. It's so stupid and need fast fix!

DontPlayNice
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Bug with Hibrid Empty Re: Bug with Hibrid

Post  von_Oberstain Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:04 pm

yes, i'm aware of that (unlike other bugs), even listed it on loading screen. new races aren't included in hybrid (and old tier1 and 2 which was buffed to 40-70g range are missing also).

currently, i'm looking to make hybrid with more balanced tier (eg. in Pro, which hasn't got working hybrid also), two 10g units - gnoll and hatch - are going out of hybrid t1 lineup and are represented as upgrades (swamp as tier2, savage as tier3). instead those two, t1 will have carrion and ogre for 30g and whole tier costs 21g (makes only two "bad rolls" to -33% (15g), and two rolls are really good (+45%), compared to old where basically were too many "too good" or "too bad" rolls.

so, some of those new 40g gnolls may be in new tier1 (consisting of, say 30-50g units, ~15 in total, rest original units represented as their upgrades in higher tier)

anyhow, hybrid will be changed significantly, and it doesn't work at the moment - some balancing info about tier1 and tier2 units would help, no doubt...
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SanJok Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:46 pm

Some tier6 have such problem! WTF its make hibrid unplayable =//
You must bloked hibrid builder until correct this thing.

SanJok
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  von_Oberstain Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:10 pm

well, it IS an alpha, just don't select hybrid for now. on work-in-progress version, hybrid is functioning correctly in Pro since yesterday (i mean 7-tier hybrid, think it has better and more fair distribution), Revo will get it done in day or two - i'm mentioning Pro because both maps share code, so making it work in one version is ~80% of work done...

not definite, but tiers will cost ~40/70/90/130/190/280/350 (last tier consists of units which are imba at start *cough* pillar/lod/minotaur *cough*, or have cost in 350g range)

plan is to finish next alpha till monday (but breaking the deadlines is kinda tradition), so now is EXCELLENT time to post more comments.

third alpha (the monday one) will also have additional upgrade for one unit of tier1-5 (but mostly 3 and 4), which will equal tier6upg in cost/stats

for instance how much lag this version produces? is it hostable by individual players (ill-fated version 3 was not)?

have you any replays - i need them for value estimation, since the levels/economy is changed?
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SanJok Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:49 am

Okey I understand that.
About bugs:
Druid(elf builder) cost 150 gold, but when I sold them I got 200 gold(WTF). Its really way for abuse gold. Need fast fix while only I know about it -_-
Kodo(blood orc builder) after upgrade lost aura burning effect and becomes useles.
Coorupt builder's unit sometimes grow till very huge sizes(grafic model), so it is conceived or bug?
Some hotkeys to fast building not work.
About balance hard to discuss...
I think Lvl 4 and 8 became very easy now. Also single boss lvl 10 and 20 too easy.
I never play lvl 30++, lvl 29 is always the end. I with value over 22000 gold and nice economic with full income 800+ cant pass this lvl. I was played elf builder(build a lot slayer in front and lot ascendant behind), my ally beast with such good economic cant pass too. Sorry didn't save repley -_-
About lags, I was feeling it much less. I hosting and play 4x4 almost with no problem, small delay appear but not critical. But I never sow lvl 30++, and final batle, thats why cant say about lags on this lvl.

SanJok
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  von_Oberstain Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:12 am

WTF is really good description - no kidding, that druid bug exists at least 3 months (since UE 2.0e beta) when elves were changed. all that time, nobody reported it??? guess people love abuses too much, and keep them to themselves when found... anyway, fixed

kodo/fel kodo - they *should* use auras on themselves, filthy buggers... for some reason it is bugged (which is strange, since all other BO units gets it correctly) - well, guess there is always manual method

growth - this one is intentional, when melee CN units are >90% HP and get more, their max HP is increased and they grow a bit in size. now, although this is a "feature" some of the growth wasn't planned very good (well, it was planned, but some models need scaling anyhow, and this messes entire planning)

anyhow, thanks for input - if you come to some replays, please send it, i really need those
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bug with Hibrid Empty lol

Post  SanJok Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:47 pm

I trust very few people knew about this bug with druid. I have found out it casually.
So now I played a game and find new bug. Meredian(ghost builder) instead of fighting has escaped from batlefield, it runaway to mid and wont to fight there. LOL, I laughed so much, but becose of it I lost game. Repley rghost.ru/37079765
Lol, cant post repley as links ._.
"New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information"

Last edited by SanJok on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

SanJok
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  SanJok Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:55 pm

If you wont repley of simple game rghost.ru/37079781
End at lvl 29, 3x3 start but 2 livers. BTW some player in this game complained that bonus gold from slavemaster give them not competely, if can you must check it.

SanJok
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  von_Oberstain Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:51 pm

thanks for replays!

tried to reproduce meridian bug - no luck - well, no luck for you in that game. has it happened more than once? meridian is old unit, haven't been changed for a very long time, shouldn't have any unit-specific bugs. anyway, couldn't conclude anything from replay, except that unit lost a game by itself Sad

other replay is useful, shows the values i have for levels are pretty accurate - for example, guy with 5500 value leaked lvl21 (suggested 7200), guy with 7000 leaked lvl22 (suggested 8400)

anyhow, as general comment on replays - unlike 2.7 (don't get me wrong, but economic is changed, might as well explain it a bit) is more wisp-oriented.

in all wisp-based economies there are few rules:
- wisp pays for itself in ~10 levels (earns back money invested in it)
- later this lowers, due to lumber upgrade, but the last sensible level for wisp building/upgrade is 25 (probably lower, too), after which investment in army gain more value and stronger arena
- very early wisps pays the most, they have some sort of semi-exponential work - 5 wisps on 4 is entirely different thing than 5 wisps at 8
- incomer switch is still viable tactic, but moreso on lower levels, at 20 it does not much good

[looking end of replay]

29 passed very fast to me, but estimated value is 19500. if it continues to be problem, i can lower it to more appropriate value
while dying at early level (5 or 8 or any low one) isn't the goal and makes game boring, reaching arena in every game isn't necessary also. i think your team-mate (if i saw correctly, ~17k value) also had "level-handicap" having most of his units with heavy armor, while wyrms do magic, so basically he leaked more cause of that

[i also understand better need to make -cb work in -ap modes]

anyway, current list of proposed values look like this:
01 - 263
02 - 413
03 - 405
04 - 525
05 - 810
06 - 870
07 - 1260
08 - 1380
09 - 1575
10 - 1988
11 - 2175
12 - 2400
13 - 2700
14 - 3450
15 - 3975
16 - 4350
17 - 5100
18 - 5250
19 - 5700
20 - 6900
21 - 7200
22 - 8400
23 - 9000
24 - 7800 (this one is nor formula-based, rather 'feeling' that concentrated fire worths far more than melee, i estimate this to be ~10000)
25 - 12600
26 - 13950
27 - 15600
28 - 17100
29 - 19050

it's work-in-progress (the list) and each value should be taken with +-10%, depending or best/worst unit setup (heavy against magic, siege against fortified). after values are determined more precisely, they will be added in level description, as in Pro

also, i may prolong the deadline by tuesday Smile

unrelated, but you and blue could have built near dark green (JUST TOUCHING IT), and later exchange auras - beast and mech both profit very strongly of this (mech adds 7+12=19% dps to beast, beast 8+13=21% dps to mech, anyhow you get the point)
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SanJok Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:40 am

New bug - when I played "all pick" mode and wont to get random builder, I get a "question mark" instead of real builder. This "question mark" could walk, but couldn't build anything.

SanJok
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  von_Oberstain Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:48 pm

thanks, fixed now
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down