Legion TD War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rename the map from "Pevolution" to "Revolution" (alpha2)

4 posters

Go down

Rename the map from "Pevolution" to "Revolution" (alpha2) Empty Rename the map from "Pevolution" to "Revolution" (alpha2)

Post  LRN Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:45 am

subj

LRN
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Rename the map from "Pevolution" to "Revolution" (alpha2) Empty Re: Rename the map from "Pevolution" to "Revolution" (alpha2)

Post  von_Oberstain Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:31 pm

well, thanks, but something more relevant?
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rename the map from "Pevolution" to "Revolution" (alpha2) Empty Re: Rename the map from "Pevolution" to "Revolution" (alpha2)

Post  newcorn Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:54 am

Anyone named the bug in the new chaos race yet?

newcorn
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  von_Oberstain Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:45 pm

name it? a bug? rather than naming it, we should describe it, leave some data for future generation, and then REMOVE it. how about that?

APPLIES TO ALL POSTERS:

don't get me wrong, but (with one or two exceptions), posts are not very useful and informative. based on those post, i was able to locate and fix bunch of bugs at once in just one day (well, they had same source and were not complicated, but still)

you can't seriously expect game to progress without proper input - worse, there are X3-only features (i think i talked about them), which will be implemented in the future, like having:
- a X3-specific 2nd (or 3rd) upgrade for tier 3 or 4 (or 5?), equal in cost/effectiveness with tier6 upgrade
- a 'helper', X3-specific unit which buffs hard (up to 50%) one of normal units (excluding above), again to equal in cost/effectiveness with tier6 upgrade

this should solve boredom-factor consisting in massing tier6 units for better part of the game - at least there will be 3 units worth massing per race, which can go up to really interesting 9 units in -tb mode (can this be called "massing" at all? i mean, choosing out of 9 units similar in quality?)

so, if you encounter a bug:
- PLEASE DESCRIBE, IF NECESSARY POST A REPLAY

if you encounter a balance problem:
- PLEASE DESCRIBE, DEFINITELY POST A REPLAY

why mentioning future features now? remember, only on a good, bug-free platform is possible to add new features without messing something else up. please help with input and comments, it's the only way map will progress...
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rename the map from "Pevolution" to "Revolution" (alpha2) Empty Elements Tier 1 tower (Proton) is not upgradeable

Post  LRN Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:12 am

Elements Tier 1 tower (Proton) is not upgradeable. There's an ability "Deploy Proton" (costs 40 gold), and it does absolutely nothing.

LRN
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  von_Oberstain Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:44 am

ah, you meant upgrading doesn't work - got me confused for a moment.

anyway, fixed - and in good time, A3 will be finished this evening or tomorrow (yes, i do have a practice of breaking own-defined release date, but in this particular case, there is only few hours of work left, so it can't prolong much - also very wise that i use only day names, this was supposed to be finished in monday/tuesday AND IT WILL BE - no matter that some people *mistakingly* took it for last monday Smile )

so, if there is more, hurry with posting

avoid hybrid entirely - IT WILL BE DISABLED IN A3, to return in A4 - initial idea that it would be "pretty similar to already interpreted and working 7-tier Pro hybrid, only with X3 units where needed" appear to be quite impossible, so there will be different solution, which requires both time and more planning

anyhow, A3 should have all reported bugs removed
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LRN Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:49 am

When you have a LOT of units (almost filling your lane), forward ranks will meet the creeps and will engage them, while back ranks will not do anything, because they are outside of aggro range. This is not a problem when fighting against powerful waves, which mow down your first ranks, and eventually get to the second ones, but in some rounds, when your units have the upper hand, the back ranks will never see the action, and thus they won't move, and won't go into the teleport, reducing the number of units protecting the king lane.

I can provide a replay where this bug (feature?) becomes apparent.

LRN
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  von_Oberstain Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:43 am

hmmm, i know of this but have not real solution yet. if aggro range is increased, middle builds start to become useless (creeps tend to act weird even now). i did creep aggro increase in work-in-progress version, but i guess it's not enough.

i think there is a way to 'alarm' units via triggers, will have to investigate its possibilities - some kind of "chain reaction", like every unit engaged alarms neighboring units or something like that.

anyway, i'll see into it, in the meanwhile (my own solution which i use in Pro), is NOT to build at foremost sides, until battlefield gets overcrowded (and even then, preffer king's side to opposing, there is pathing blocker near middle which causes creeps to turn to king)

[EDIT] yes, i think it is possible to solve this WITHOUT breaking existing engagement rules (on a glance, at least)... now i really have to sleep...
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LRN Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:02 am

OK, some pretty minor stuff:

Here's a correct map loading screen text for you:
Hi! This is a new LegionX3 Revolution map, it is based upon Lisk's 1.60b and eGze's 2.7. It is an alpha version. Why? In short, not all features are implemented, but the map is in VERY good shape, better than most of the "finished" BNet maps.

What's new:
- probably a LOT LESS lag on late levels
- 2 NEW RACES
- a lot of X3-only balance improvements
- double- and triple-builder modes (-db and -tb), try them!
- mode -gg is back. Mode -cb is not, but will be sometime later Smile

An alpha version LegionTD Pro (X1) is also released

OK, now, other things:
1) Can you add some message that would be printed when the map starts? A message that would tell people to not to freak out, that a big lag at the beginning is normal?
2) Some maps require you to press any key after they've been loaded to start the game. LTD just writes "LegionTD unofficial expansion" in the progress bar when it's finished. It's unclear whether or not one should press anything. According to my tests (creating a LAN game vs a computer opponent) you DO need to press something to start.

LRN
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  von_Oberstain Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:31 am

no, nothing is needed to press - start is automatic. to be perfectly honest, i haven't got slightest idea where "Unofficial Expansion" message comes from, it is here since eGze's time... if somebody knows how to replace it, i'll be grateful for help

yeah, lag will be announced
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HuanAk Sat May 12, 2012 12:36 pm

von_Oberstain wrote:hmmm, i know of this but have not real solution yet. if aggro range is increased, middle builds start to become useless (creeps tend to act weird even now). i did creep aggro increase in work-in-progress version, but i guess it's not enough.

i think there is a way to 'alarm' units via triggers, will have to investigate its possibilities - some kind of "chain reaction", like every unit engaged alarms neighboring units or something like that.

anyway, i'll see into it, in the meanwhile (my own solution which i use in Pro), is NOT to build at foremost sides, until battlefield gets overcrowded (and even then, preffer king's side to opposing, there is pathing blocker near middle which causes creeps to turn to king)

[EDIT] yes, i think it is possible to solve this WITHOUT breaking existing engagement rules (on a glance, at least)... now i really have to sleep...

If you still use old pathing (eg, fighter start with 0 movement speed, then change to default speed when creep within range)

then you can solve these problem by:
1, set up 8 boolean variable: fight_start[1-8] with default value = false,
2, set up 8 unit group variable: fighter_group[1-8], it will store fighter for every player
3, find out which code change movement speed from 0 to default, and add these new code :
-- if fight_start[player's id] is false, set fight_start[id] = true, and change all fighter_group[id]'s movement speed to default speed.

so after these change, if any ONE of RED's fighter start attack, all RED's fighters will move forward to attack.

HuanAk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  von_Oberstain Sat May 12, 2012 11:09 pm

ALRIGHT! THANKS!

i won't be using this in that exact form (stoppers or motion-directors would affect other units, sometimes quite far away, which wouldn't be good), but KEY IDEA IS THERE - i'll probably use just group inside rect of appropriate size - and it won't affect middle builds with stoppers etc... BRILLIANT, THANKS!

(of course, it won't be ready for tonights beta Smile )
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down