Legion TD War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arena Battle Income (Replay)

5 posters

Go down

Arena Battle Income (Replay) Empty Arena Battle Income (Replay)

Post  EdremitisBack Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:00 pm

(Since i have no right to create external links as i am a new member to this forum,i have put a space before the link, please remove it or copy past the link in your browser to check/download them)

Hi guys,

I finally created an Account to reply to a thread made few weeks ago. You probably know that there was a Paladin Hero build that got 180 income after the Arena Battle with an army value of 1570.

Here is the Link to the thread. It has been locked since a couple of guys started flaming.
http: https://legiontd.forumotion.com/t227-arena-battle-income

There are some things you should know before we start.

The Screenshot shows "Wave 11 starts in ..." means.. Team 1 finished the Arena and probably won it giving them an extra 100g each.
At start/or in between .. the Paladin had for sure an income of 7/5 and not 7/6 as the Screenshot shows. He started immediately after the Battle finished (with the 100g reward) the 7/6 upgrade.

That is why he has only an army value of 1500 and i had 1650+ or so.

You can t have 7/6 before the Arena starts .. i doubt that... you already see it in my replay how difficult it was to survive in single player mode without Teammates helping to catch the leaks.

According to the Information given by the Thread composer... the Paladin had an income of 502 at lvl 20 Arena. Well...i was at 500 too... well i did even more theoretically (i could have had more if i were not in panic mode for my king and spent exactly 29 upgrades for the king)

After level 18.. it was gg mode. My Tier 6 units were wrecking every wave. I would have cleared 2 Boss Levels at wave 20 easily. As you can see it in my replay. But it was a difficult path to even get there.

Let me first start by saying, it is possible.. and i can even top that (except wave 10 where i get an income around 155) and get more income for lvl 20+.

Here is the Replay File:
http: http://hotfile.com/dl/135994651/509f4eb/Legion_TD_3.41_Replay_Income_Paladin.w3g.html

The Replay file is about 1 hour long. I played as a Paladin for a very long time.. if i remember correctly i started switching the builder at lvl 28 for some auras. I successfully cleared wave 30.. and survived approximately 3 to 4 endless waves, until due to an "anti-stuck" bug .. my priests went in front of my army and died, thus unable to heal up my army.

1) You WILL leak a couple of waves at start, i haven t found another way to prevent it.
2) I had around 156 Income at Arena but with a higher army value than the Paladin from the Screenshot.(other thread)
3) I had a higher income at lvl 20 (higher than the 502 income mentioned)

This is done on 3.41 FINAL VERSION !!! Where the waves are harder. [EDIT: i found out it is on 3.4 ... i miss-clicked the map. Anyway it is the same version that the Paladin played it, should be okay]
Patch 126a of course and single player mode.

By the way there was a person submitting a replay in the locked thread saying that he did it... well he used the debug mode and cheated himself around 300 gold + 300 wood. You can clearly see it, when he writes -gold 24 -gold 200 -gold 100 -lumber 200 etc....
He was trying to prove that even with some extra gold it is impossible to get that income at lvl10, but welli tried and almost did it for lvl 10 and definitely reached my goal for lvl20+.

Anyway... it made a lot of fun.

It would be difficult to even play this game in public without getting kicked because of the leaks at the very early stage. Very Happy But if you can convince the players that this is your strategy and that you will get an income of 150+ at lvl 10 , 520+ at lvl 20 and 1000+ at lvl 30 with an army value exceeding the 19k at lvl 30. Then probably they would not kick you Smile

Have fun watching it,and feel free to tell some improvements. I am pretty sure i might have done a couple of mistakes here and there.

Last edited by EdremitisBack on Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

EdremitisBack
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Arena Battle Income (Replay) Empty Re: Arena Battle Income (Replay)

Post  EdremitisBack Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:17 pm

Just remove the [space] after "http:"

I hope the Admins are not so strict and will let me publish the replay and a link to a thread in this forum. Smile

EdremitisBack
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  EdremitisBack Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:21 pm

I found out i did that on legion td 3.4

Well that is the same Map Version as this Paladin did it. Anyway...still ....DAMN IT !!!

i will try it on 3.41.

I hate that... so many versions in my mapfolder... missclicked the game.

Sad

[Edit: I tried it a couple of times in 3.41 ... i must say... this is now almost an impossible task. I will try to find out another way to deal with it.. but it is way to hard...a lot harder than 3.4 ]

EdremitisBack
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  mortilus Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:24 am

I have a couple of issues with this replay:

1. he isn't getting any summons ... a dino at 1 or 2 would have fucked him up i bet. A dino at 5, maybe even a whelp, and he'd leak 5 pretty badly too. If he leaks at the beginning, the whole thing falls apart.
2. Every level he gets extra income time, but his sends aren't too hard at the beginning. So the other team should have killed them without leaking. If he cleared the east minions each time, so he didn't get that extra income time, it would eb more realistic.
3. He leaked really badly on level 7. Most people leak badly at 7, if his team had to clean up all 15 leaks, and they're the kind of idiots i have to play with, that would be a game-ender there.
4. He leaked really badly on level 8. Same problem as 3, but usually you can expect people to send hard summons for 8.

This strat seems to work, under ideal circumstances, but i don't think it'd be very good in a real game, against good players. The beginning game is very very weak, i think one or two summons would have screwed him.

mortilus
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  EdremitisBack Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:36 am

Like i said, this is in single player mode.You won t get any summons from the Computer. It is true if i had summons it would have been a lot harder.

I did not send hard summons.. i have just sent dinos because they are slow and give me time to increase my income. Normally dinos etc.. should not be a problem for the opponent in a real game. But sometimes they (opponents) will have leaks. I just tried to achieve the income in the Screenshot...

Like i said at the beginning, the early stage is very hard... but if you manage to get your gryphons upgraded.. it is easy. Lvl20 was a piece of cake as you saw.

I am working on that income strategy for 3.41. But it looks like an impossible task.

We could start a competition maybe Very Happy

First one to reach 180 income after the Arena Battle and survive the game till lvl 30 + 1 endless wave at least (without being a mercenary builder at any given time) in Legion TD Mega 3.41 will get a reward Very Happy

Sounds good?

EdremitisBack
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  hhhiii Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:22 pm

I have watch ur replay and thx for ur hard work to figure out the income, but seem like u still dun understand how useful priest to defend in early stage. So i post my single mode test for u to learn more efficent build. My build are lower or equal value to ur build untill lvl 10 but i only leak few in lvl 7 n 1 boss in lvl 10. Replay version is 1.26a.
http://rghost.net/32320421
I didnot test for how much income i can get, just let u know that my best record in 3.4 is having 23k value in lvl 31.

hhhiii
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  etbal81 Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:10 am

Can you please give me the map that you used in that replay? I got the map "legion td mega v3.4" from the internet and copy it to the exact folder in warcraft 3, the patch was 1.26 too, nothing was wrong, but I still caught the error message: "Please make sure the map file ..... used by the recored game exists and try again". Thank a lot.

etbal81
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  Dazzlee Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:28 pm

Probably you use a different directory as hhhiii

Merry Christmas

Dazzlee
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down