Legion TD War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaking leavers

2 posters

Go down

Leaking leavers Empty Leaking leavers

Post  LRN Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:10 pm

2.8 beta 1.05, -apmmnshggg40

Sometimes, when a player leaves the game, the creeps keep coming through the lane of that player for the rest of the game, as if (s)he was still there.

I don't have any replays at hand, but i can produce some (this bug is not very rare).

LRN

Back to top Go down

Leaking leavers Empty Re: Leaking leavers

Post  von_Oberstain Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:30 am

if it is bug when blue leaves? if it is, then it's fixed in (hopefully) soon-to-be released patch

speaking of which, i never got any input regarding new income system? should it be changed in any way?
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LRN Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:12 pm

I've seen this affecting a purple player.

As for the economy, i'm not professional enough (and not playing with professional enough teams) to be able to judge it.
I can only tell you that it is possible to play 4x4 with one player going full income (either starting without towers or selling all towers at level ~6), investing all money into wisps, while relying on other three players for defending the king. The other tree players can also income (to a much lesser degree, obviously), although it depends on the skill of each player, on race composition and whether or not the other team has full-time incomers. Anyway, if the defenders don't leak (leaks mean that the incomer has to spend lumber on the king instead of summons, which reduces the net income), and depending on the start (at which level player sold all towers, if it didn't start without towers), it should be possible for the incomer to start building at level 18-19 (i.e. have 30 wisps and all 6 upgrades at level 18 or 19) and be able to defend without leaking since level 22-23, letting the other players to relax a bit and get some more income while they have the chance.
This guarantees a victory, unless the other team did the same thing. In that case it all depends on which races which player has.
What chafes a bit is the fact that this strategy doesn't have any disadvantages, as long as the three defenders play well enough. If the other team start incoming aggressively, sending offensive summons, the defenders can turtle up and cut on income, putting more money into units, surviving until level 22, then the incomer gets pack into play. If the other team turtles up, they can get more income and win for sure. The only answer to this is to do the same thing, i.e. to have one dedicated incomer that will carry the team in late game.
Dunno, maybe i'm missing a point somewhere.

LRN
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  von_Oberstain Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:43 pm

nope. it's good. you described pretty accurately incomer strategy which was my goal.

i think i talked about that in more detail elsewhere, but changes are, essentially, return to pre-1.40 original lisk economy, with added restrictions.

goal was that incoming be viable option, and NOT obligatory (as i understood, in 2.7, incoming WAS obligatory, due to gg mode. 2.7 economy was based on later lisk model, made *exclusively* for a reason to make incomers much harder to play - they become almost obligatory in 1.4). what i try was making a balance between two, you *could* play income but also don't have to...

[EDIT]: at 20+, other (non-incoming players, should be earning from income more than they do from creeps). interesting is if incomer is able to build army large enough for final battle in remaining 10 levels (comparable with normal player), since it would affect winning - if incomer is actually considerably stronger, than it should be nerfed some more, if it's weaker, it's important how much, in order to balance it better

thing is, good input is hard to get for X3 players, for example nobody commented economy, although it's here several months
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LRN Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:53 pm

LRN wrote:I've seen this affecting a purple player.
Or maybe i didn't. Not sure now. I'll try to note things like this a bit more carefully now.

P.S. When will 2.8 beta 1.06 come out?

LRN
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  von_Oberstain Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:27 am

bug was restricted to teal/blue. there is another bug when player's creeps stop spawning at all, but it happens too rarely and seemingly without a cause, so i doubt it can be fixed - at least by me

new version - probably several days. new UE test version should come out tomorrow, and when bugs/balance are sorted out, both UE and X3 will come out. i think X3 will have to change name to 2.9 (without beta), to reduce usage of unofficial 2.8 from unknown source
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down