Legion TD War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2.8beta bugs and to-do thread

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2.8beta bugs and to-do thread Empty 2.8beta bugs and to-do thread

Post  von_Oberstain Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:37 pm

Rather than addressing individual posts, I am going to put to-do list here:

NOTE: though quick fix was promised, it turned out to be much tougher to fix than expected - i had to ask for professional help. I know you're eager to test it, but fixing will take more time

NOTICE:
Neither UE nor X3 version are in final state yet, so bugs are to be expected. Through cycles of testing, reporting and fixing bugs, map will eventually reach playable, more or less bugfree state. Please be constructive and specific in reporting bugs.

colour codes:
green - accepted, will be changed in first revision
orange - partially accepted, or accepted, but hard/impossible to implement. on wait list
red - rejected

- return tier6 restriction - fixed
- start counter stays, set to 20sec/ default mode is -apmmhggg30x3, if nothing typed
- boss bonuses will be reduced - fixed
- hybrid bug identified and fixed
- king upgrade - fixed completely, in next version
- boss bounties - fixed, in next version

- there is no way (known to me) to make summons unavailable to certain wave level, only to certain game-time. idea on restriction of elite barracks (say, to lvl21) is not new, so if someone know how to implement it, please state so[
- fix hybrid trigger abilities (not sure about success)
- tooltips and icon placement bugs. please be more specific and state which units have placement, or other tooltip related problems, instead generalizing, so they can be orderly fixed

- lumber system is VERY efficient and reliable in emulating workers. it is stable and lag-free
- db and sd modes are currently disabled due to bugs, they will be removed in starting message

Current map status:

Hopefully playable at last.

thanks to everyone who reported bugs!

sincerely,
von_Oberstain

Last edited by von_Oberstain on Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:16 am; edited 3 times in total
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

2.8beta bugs and to-do thread Empty 2.8 Bugs

Post  Thistle2 Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:13 am

Hi, my clan (Clan Teop US East) has been hosting the beta and I had a full day to waste playing it yesterday, so here is my thoughts / suggestions / comments / pleas...

Scoreboard
Please update it to show the full mode. GG and x3 do not show currently and there's generally one person that starts raging that red effed up and didn't do x3.

Modes
-20, -30, -40: All are not working properly with x3. I went solo player and restarted the game over and over. I am unable to figure out a combination that will allow 40 levels with x3. I don't think that was intentional.
New GG mode: I like the fact that it is collecting the gold and distributing among the team, but it doesn't appear to be working correctly. Many rounds I'm seeing 1 - 4 gold as my "share" of the gg gold. My suggestion to fix all the complaints about GG and incomers is to adjust the +1 armor buff units receive when they reach the dark green area to reduce their bounty to +1 only. This way a team with noobs will still get a little something to strengthen their defense but it won't be enough to spam their tier 6 and lol for 20 waves.

Bosses
I think you're fully aware that bosses are way too hard now, but I have one strat that works for level 10 boss and even then my team must completely pump king attack because I can't put a dent in the rest of my team's leak. I really like that it's one boss now, and the added hp isn't terrible. It's his bonus damage that has made the bosses nearly impossible without buffing king. If his bonus damage is removed I think it will still be challenging to burn 12k hp off a level 10 boss but not impossible for most races.

Tier 6
Please return to level 6 requirement for tier 6. It's become too easy for many races to simply start with tier 6 and begin pumping out wisp upgrades. I've seen blood orc players with 10 - 15 wisp upgrades by level 10 and not leak until boss. That's almost as much as lumber as goblin incomer in 2.7 and much more gold.

Races
Blood Orc: Please slow down the mana regen on the tier 6. The tier 6 is casting flamestrike so frequently that regular waves are ridiculously easy. Also, please reduce the immolation damage on the upgraded kodo's aura. I've seen many people spam protectors and 1 upgraded kodo and simply burn down their entire waves with immo... and that was the biggest problem with goblin fire machine in 2.7.
Goblin: Without immolation the fire machine is now a very nerfed version of the mech pyro. Unfortunately it's not taking hits like the mech pyro can early levels. Please adjust the hp so the fire machine can take a few more hits before dying. Much love for the changes to archon though!
Mech: Please reduce the range on zeus to 600 - 700. At 800, a creative mech player can insure that units never run for zeus until their entire meatshield is burnt down and then they'll spam zeus for way too long.
Artic: Artic's biggest problem is air. It wouldn't be quite so terrible for artic if the hrmithusa's damage was upgraded or the very terrible polar bear upgrade was medium armor. With the nerf to azure dragons, more and more people will stay away from Artic because of it's terrible viability on air levels and now less aoe spam.
Beast: My biggest complaint with beast has always been the terrible range on harpies. Their poisons and base damage have been nerfed repeatedly through many versions, but their range has never been addressed. Please increase the harpies range by at least 100, as more and more players stay away from beast because of it's terrible chances on air and magic levels. Harpies are their best defense vs air and they end up so close that it's only natural for most levels to burn down the harpies and then the dragons. It should be the other way around. The dragons should be tanking those levels.
Dwarf: In 2.7, dwarf had a decent medium armor tank - gyrocopters. It still took dwarf forever to finish their waves because their damage output is so low. In 2.8, the gyrocopter is light armor and the upgraded mage has spirit link. Spirit link is simply not enough to compensate for extremely weak dps, no aoe abilities, and tier 6s that must be massed in order to tank well. The dwarven mage is their only magic damage output, and due to their extremely low range they are dead a few seconds into the round because, they too run too close to mobs and get owned. (See my complaints about harpies.) In 2.7, the axe throwers aoe ability is completely broken, and they are also piercing damage so their dps flags after 10 as well as the gyrocopters. In following the theme of dwarf, please give a low duration bash ability to the majority of dwarven units. With bash stuns going off to reduce incoming damage, it may be something to keep dwarf viable after 10.

King
King upgrades are not working properly at all. After 20 or so upgrades to attack you suddenly have completed 45. The numbering messages don't show half the time, and I've seen king upgrade messages from the other team. King hp and regen upgrades do not work. One game my entire team cooperated with pumping our king to survive level 10, and we maxed attack and then started working on regen... we survived level 10 and his health would not move. His regen upgrade was completely maxed out and he sat at 700 health for a few rounds until we leaked again and he died. Also, when you type -king you get a strange message that states all three upgrades are for attack.

Change Builder
The change builder (cb) mode made some weaker races more viable for levels after 20. Unfortunately with lumbering as easy as it was, you could spam change builder and have an entire set of auras, healers, etc. I'd like to see change builder in the game again because of some of the weaker races viability after 20. Please consider reimplementing CB at a much much increased cost. If changing builder costs say...500 gold and 500 lumber, there's no way that a player will be able to continuously change builder and not start leaking. A player may be able to pull off changing their builder once or twice per game.

I'm running out of time here, so thanks for reading and I hope you will consider my suggestions!

-Thistle

Thistle2

Back to top Go down

2.8beta bugs and to-do thread Empty Re: 2.8beta bugs and to-do thread

Post  von_Oberstain Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:51 am

now, this is a very constructive and well formulated post!

as such, it deserved direct answer (as i hope others will post suggestions and critique in similar manner)

scoreboard and other map-making stuff. well, to put it simply, i'm not very good at it, eGze was map-maker. but good news, i've been promised help on this matter from several people in short time.

default mode will be -apmmhgggx3 or whatever is most used (i've got it somewhere, saucer wrote it down), so no blaming on red anymore - he might as well wait for timer to pass...

modes 20, 30, 40 - honestly don't know about it yet, they work fine in x1 (and i played exactly one x3 game, to see if the bosses are really overpowered - and yes, they are). will see into it

tier6 limit, boss nerf and hybrid fix will be posted shortly (basically after i finish answering posts)

gg mode - i haven't look at it, i supposed egze finished it. will see into it

king upgrading - again, it works completely normal in x1 (and, unlike x3, there is probably more than 1000 games played by different people, and not a single bug reported). but, here's little something (a comment) from the king upgrade trigger:

This abuses a glitch...if you don't understand it, ignore it

i think it's from lisk original, so it *could* be the reason for problems... this needs investigation, and possibly a new trigger

-cb - well, to be honest, i don't like this option at all, but then again, i rarely play x3. if some kind of general consensus among players exists, i'll change it

balance issues - except on blood orc t6 (which is indeed overpowered), general consensus is that the game IS pretty much balanced in x1 mode.

on x3 mode, egze and i disagreed on one topic - he insisted unit stats to be uniform in all modes, while my thought were that x3 needs change of stats for starting tiers and certain abilities (i even had an elegant solution which used no additional resources). however, this is eGze's map, and i intend to respect his wishes on this matter.

[EDIT]
i'll give an example on this, using fire machine. it is weaker than pyro, true. however, it's cheap and easily obtainable (through dual upgrade) unit in x1, while pyro is not - it requires at least one level of saving. if modifications were made exclusively for x3 version of fire machine, it could get his immolation back instead spiked armor, and more hp and dps (of course, with price increased accordingly).

in x1, many units stats were dictated by their price, in order to keep their early building hard or to punish player in some way - by having lower income, for instance. this directly reflects on x3, since stats and balancing are the same.

however, we could try alternate solution in some kind of closed beta, and see the results

thank you for input provided!
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Finkill Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:26 am

Hi there, I did like pretty much everything Thistle had said in his post. Very well worded and formulated I agree. I am an -X3 player myself I enjoy the faster pace of the game and I feel it makes the game a lot more interesting and there has been to be a lot of bugs with that mode right now for some reason. I was playing a lot of 2.8 the other day from Thistle's bot that he had said before on US East and the issues that he had mentioned did occur. I also agree on the idea that CB should be brought back into 2.8 because it makes -X3 more fiesable when reaching the higher levels, and allows you to come up with a lot more variety of builds and more strategy too i feel. I do like the idea of increasing the cost so you can't just spam change your builder maybe like 300g and 300 lumber... that seems a lot more reasonable to me. The things i think need to be addressed is the king upgrade bug, the level 6 restriction with the tier 6 units, which you said would be as well =D and the bosses difficulty. I personally have yet to reach a game past level 10 because of how hard the bosses are and I think that there needs to be some adjustments made to make it a bit more... i guess you could say possible to do... Well I hope this helps with the design of the version and I look forward to playing it. =D

Thank you for taking the time to read our feedback and I hope it helps

-Finkill

Finkill
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

2.8beta bugs and to-do thread Empty some comments,

Post  TrePar Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:06 pm

Ok the first replay coverd alot of issues, ive only had a little time to play the 2.8 but i hosted and played over 100 games of legionTD UE, glad that a x3 version is out, a few things i noticed in the 2.8, he is right about alot of issues and i can confirm most if no all bugs he listed.
about king upgrades regen does not work at all I tryed upping it to lvl 10 and has no effect, also the unit 6 build at lvl 1 deff needs to be fixed as it was in 2.7 and one bug i found with new race is lvl 6 upgrade is bugged, in the LegionTD UE it has metior spell but its glitched in 2.8 and does not work. i will keep hosting and testing 2.8 and see if I can find any other bugs that he did not list. also a fix for the CB mode, i love the idea of CB and he is right about it being spammed, Easy fix i seen, in a version of 2.7 i played called LegionTD Mega, there is auto change builder added without mode and it allows u to use CB 3 times, if CB cost stayed same but a cap was put were u could use it 2 or 3 times and could not random same builders u already had that would fix the problem in my opinion. anyhow will keep testing.

TrePar

Back to top Go down

2.8beta bugs and to-do thread Empty make summons unavailable to certain wave level

Post  Huanak Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:19 pm

- there is no way (known to me) to make summons unavailable to certain wave level, only to certain game-time. idea on restriction of elite barracks (say, to lvl21) is not new, so if someone know how to implement it, please state so

because summon is handle by trigger, so you can set up your own rule.
- either success summon and continue as normal
- or reject and give them error message say "you cannot summon untill x level".

for summon(unit), try find a field to store store x level.
- bounty/level (already use as income/bounty)
- value <-- can use for x level
- change unit desctription add something similar to "require wave : x "
(summon should be rework if write trigger again, eg make bounty=bounty, value=income, level=restrict level).

Huanak

Back to top Go down

Post  von_Oberstain Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:53 pm

yes, i'm aware of the bugs, just fixing them takes much longer than i thought it will (eg. whole day yesterday). if you played UE, than you can confirm no problems while upgrading the king. well, identical trigger (furthermore, it was there from the beginning) works highly unreliable, or not at all. anyway, this map is very hard to edit (at least for me), and fixes will take longer than anticipated.

meteorites and old 'lava' spell were replaced in latest UE, due to lag they caused - both spells used timed 0.04 intervals, which are very laggy when cast simultaneously. instead, t6 blood orcs now use flame strike and incinerate (both from wc3), which are much less demanding. arctic t6 spell will be also replaced with something else of similar strength and effect, but without much lag.
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

2.8beta bugs and to-do thread Empty 2.5%

Post  BN>jace Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:44 pm

wisps need a slight reduction in lumbering rate, i believe it is about 2.5% faster than workers were- so lowering that 2% or so should be done in this mode and in the UE BETA

BN>jace

Back to top Go down

Post  von_Oberstain Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:39 am

no, wisps cannot be changed for several reasons:
1. they were VERY thoroughly tested, and they perform exactly the same as original with low number of workers
2. worldedit doesn't allow more decimal places than already used, so smallest change is ~5%
3. at later stages of game, wisp lumbering becomes more efficient, because there is no constant collision of workers to slow the process down

in many ways, this system is superior to original (lagless, while having full use of 30 workers, upgrades are effective immediately, additional upgrades for -40 option (which i hope will be available to X3 version soon), etc)

there are only two weaknesses that i'm aware of - inability to order workers to bring collected wood immediately and lack of some kind of indicator of lumber increase time - both of these *should* be fixed in the future, but are not immediate priority
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HuanAk Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:30 pm

Bounty for lvl10/20/30 need X3
because you change from 3 to 1 boss.

2, I can't build T6 unit if I skip level 5 (eg in single player, with debug mode and use -level 10)

3, it would be nice to display how many lumber upgrade on score board.

HuanAk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abo Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:13 am

I'd like to start of by saying thank you, this new 2.8 version has brought my interest in Legion back. I like all new changes made but theres one thing i dont understand if its a bug or ment to be like that. I only play X3 so there wont be and confusion.

I always play hybrid because every game becomes diffrent but in this 2.8 beta hybrid has been very hard. I havent done a very thorough test but when i get a tower with an ability that needs to be activated it wont use it untill its way to late. Ill give u a few examples.

*DEFENSIVE ABILITIES*
Medicine Man: I had 2 of these in one of my defenses, they didnt use their heal once for the whole game, not even when they died and i leaked.
Seer of Darkness: These can be good tanks but without shield they are useless. I've had these alot of times, it only activates shield when it has about 5% HP. Earlier versions this ability would get activated when the level spawned.
Yggdrasil: Now this is one of the most annoying towers to get as hybrid because without heal they are useless. It doesnt heal at all, never ever. Useless Sad
Egg Sack: This is by far the worst. An egg sack without its ability to tank is just sad. I like its new movement speed tho, could be a usefull tower if it worked correctly.
*OFFENSIVE ABILITIES*
Minotaur: Ive had this one a few times, i have never seen it do its slam. Doesnt work after upgrade to Bigfoot either.
Pillar of fire: Im unsure about this one, i know ive gotten him once as hybrid but i dont remember if it was actually in X1 or X3. I have seen Teal player get this one as hybrid tho in X3 and for him it used its AOE attack. Could maybe give a clue about a fix...
Dark Priest (I think they are called that, Tier7 Ghost): Has a very nice curse for bosses but doesnt work :s

These are just a few examples, its the same for all towers with activated ability that i've tried so far. Passive abilities like bash or splash still work tho. And auras work aswell. In most games i havent botherd with abilitytowers and just sold them but the once ive tried upgrading have been bugged aswell.

Also, i always host my own games so i am always in Red position. As i said, havent done very thorough tests so this could be a problem for Red position only even tho i doubt it.

While im posting i might aswell give my 2 cents about some of the other mentioned topics in this thread:

-CB: I always play hybrid but with cb u dont need hybrid. Its alot better to just get a good splashtower, income and then just get all auras like someone else mentioned. Overpowerd. Could be viable with some tweaks tho but 500 gold and 500 lumber is not that much either, i think a more advanced forumula is needed to counter owerpowerd incomers. Maybe just increase the cost with every wisp u build. Or be allowed to change only 2 times (random ofc) with the ability to change back to ur first picked race after that for a high price.

-Wisps: Works great, i love that its close to lagfree now.

Thats all i can think of now, keep up the good work. It's ppl like u that still make me want to log on to battle.net after all these years. Thank you.

/Ganjasmurfen

Abo

Back to top Go down

Post  von_Oberstain Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:09 am

personally, i don't play hybrid very often, but none of bugs described appeared in UE.

all abilities you mentioned are trigger-activated (except of flame strike), and therefore turned off by default until matching unit is build/upgraded (to reduce lags caused by constant checking)

i will make a trigger running every few seconds to check if there are units with triggered abilities, and turn them on, in case map treats hybrid upgrades differently then built ones.

boss bounties are increased (in next version).

on -debug problem, it will be partially fixed in next revision - skipping levels works on t6, but you'll have to go one level before desired, and type -clear when level starts. next level will work normally. hope better solution will be found in the future, but this should suffice for now.

thank you for reporting this!
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Moona Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:50 pm

This is what I have noticed in just a few games of our new bot hosting 2.8 (I talked to you about it via a message on legiontd.com)

-There is no tier restriction for Hybrid
-Blood orcs Kodo Beast is basically used as the same way as the fire machine in 2.7 was. Now everyone is using this race to income like Goblin was used in the 2.7 version
-Change builder should be re-implemented with a possible new pricing structure or use limit. It is needed later in game as some races just cannot manage on their own.
-Fm, cm, be modes should be re-implemented as an option for red to use. They brought new challenges to the 2.7 mode and I feel can do the same for this version.
-The blood orc's race should be changed to just Blood Orc. Sounds a whole lot better in my opinion
-The boss level still give the description of the boss in plural. As we all know there is now only one boss
-Why don't any of the new 2.8 units damage have a range like 2.7's?
-The Deamon hunter creep is spelt incorrectly? Demon?
-Firelords incinerate ability has no description. Just says 0 0 underneath it. Neither does its Living flame ability
-The regeneration on the Fel Champion is out of this world, far to high i think. Usually heavy units fall like a tonne of bricks against acolytes but these dudes tank forever
-Rate at which wisps gather lumber NEEDS to be decreased. People who go full income from the start can have 300 income by level 11. The game can never end! Even if the guys
covering the incomers leaks fail the king is so majorly upgraded by the incomer it doesn't matter!
-The kings upgrade structure needs a re-look. With the ability for an incomer to mass upgrade the king - up to 45? The king at most levels is unstoppable. At 14 our king killed two full waves of creeps!
-Again I must repeat. Incoming is far to easy!. Every round from 13 onwards we were sent 4 Demon Hunters -2 each. We didn't even kill half our wave and that was with being fed all game!
-The new gg mode supports the incomer far to much! If incoming wasn't already far to easy this makes it even easier for them! Why should they be given gold when they simply sending mass creeps or mass upping king?
-Legion TD is supposed to be about building correctly to kill the wave to come and adapting that build until you have it perfected. It isn't to get annihilated by some guy incoming and sending crazy creeps that make the wave impossible to kill and then relying on your king each and every round to kill the majority of that wave!
-In one game where we had an incomer on our team the king was maxed by level 15? That is just crazy. The king can kill full waves, scores of creeps including Demons hunters and everything in between. The essence of Legion is lost a bit with lumbering as it is. At the moment anything after level 13 is King vs King as nobody can kill their wave. And it is the incomers and king that battle the game out whilst we sit back, mass build and still leak majorly

Some bugs encountered from our report email

-The Dwarf paladin causes mac players to freeze. I can't play as dwarf anyway as a mac user. I do play as hybrid a lot though. In 2.7, when I get a paladin as hybrid, it did not cause me to freeze
-The marine egg's shield does not activate
-Getting a Minotaur in the early levels with hybrid makes it not use its stomp ability - This unit shouldn't even be available till level 6
-Sell value of the upgraded tier 3 for the new blood orc unit when built in the same round is 10 gold below the build value
-Blood orc tier 6 (both basic and upgraded) and tier 3 un-upgraded lack tool tips for abilities
-One of the tier 2 upgrades for blood orcs has ability explanations several rows higher than the explanation box

Its a start and I hope it helps

Moona
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  von_Oberstain Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:27 am

first of all thanks for a helpful suggestions:

- hybrid t6 - thanks, fill fix

- fel kodo beast - if it represents that much imbalance, i can put the same restrictions as tier6 easily

- cb and be - are removed on egze request (cb code is even removed completely, while be is just disabled), so i would like to respect his wishes, until he returns

- cm is still there, just missed to show message on starting message - will be fixed (you can use it now, though)

- demon/daemon - both correct (but not 'deamon'). anyway, major tooltips change/fixing will follow reasonably soon (this time by a native english speaker, unlike egze and me), along with several balance changes (nothing major, more tweak-like). this applies to all tooltips mentioned, thanks for reporting them, will make whole process easier

- wisps are basically identical to workers (checked many, many times) in terms of lumbering. luckily for you, new lumber trigger is both simple and flexible, so implementing some kind of restrictions eg.

max wisps = current level*2 (or 1.5, whatever)

can be done in no time. i would still suggest it as a optional mode, not default. this would also cover full-incomer topic (in a meantime, someone could test incoming with voluntarily making restricted wisps, so new feature can be implemented as already preliminary tested)

- without looking at the map, i *think* max kings upgrades can be reduced according to number of levels (strong king is needed for -40 option) very easily

- all hybrid bugs are supposed to be fixed (but not in latest published version, only in my current work one). don't know if this alone is worth publishing *another* revision, or waiting several days for mixed bugs/balance/tooltip fix (it's kinda confusing already)

- blood orcs - sell price fixed (work version, again), descriptions coming soon

- gg mode - again, i respected egze's wish. i also don't have better idea, since i play x3 very rarely

- paladin and mac - unfortunately, i don't have a 2.7 code (and also a mac). it's ability looks fine in editor, shouldn't freeze normally. btw, what ability is that - resistance or shock?
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abo Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:59 am

If you could post a 1.04 or whatever with hybrids fixed i would be very grateful. I've actually been checking the page a couple of times a day hoping for you to release a new version. Since i only enjoy hybrid i cant really play atm since 2.7 feels outdated now after trying this. I alot of people that i play with prefer hybrid also so im not the only one. Thank you in advance Wink

While im here, i have a question.

The Goblin Brawler got a secondary upgrade called Goblin Brute for 50g. Is it supposed to be like that? The brute is a decent tank for the money i guess but without any abilities it feels like a useless tower. Add something similar to the Insanity Buff on "Forsaken One" maybe, i dunno, balancing is not my thing.

Good Job with the other mentioned fixes!

/Ganjasmurfen

Abo

Back to top Go down

Post  von_Oberstain Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:49 pm

hybrid/blood orc fixed version is posted. if nothing major is found, this is last fix for, say, two weeks, until major tooltip/balance/general fix.

in a meantime, please consider options offered above, and try to reach general consensus regarding them (eg. whether they should be implemented, values regarding the change, etc)

in testing, ALL hybrid abilities worked correctly, please report if any is still causes problems.

thanks to everyone who reported tooltip bugs, please continue to do so, it's kinda important for next revision.

dl site is changed, since old one seems to cause troubles for some. this works for me, but than again, so was the old one.
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Moona Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:23 am

Some newly reported bugs/fixes - these have not all been identified by me so cannot guarantee that they exist

-Dwarf Archmage - Text for ability is out of the frame
-Blood Orc - Burning hearth - No description of ability
-Blood Orc - Living Flame - No description of ability
-Firelord does the ability Meteorite but it isnt an ability also has no description
-The uprgaded Kodo is supposed to in the description :Affect only ground units. It also works on air

-Fel Knight more hp 975 to ---> 1100
-Fix the fel champion, now Damage 62-62, Make it 100-100
-Hp 1550 only 150 Hp more then the Fel Kodo beast.. so I think maybe around the 1900 - 2150 Hp and his Hp Regen to 35 Hp a Sec, He is much to weak, cant even last 5 secs at the Tuskar wave
-Pillar of Fire hp to 1400
-Fire Lord hp from 2350 to 2600
-Also put the Change Builder Mode back in the game.. Its impossible to make the game to lvl 40 with only 1 builder

-Hybrid, if you random build units that heal. They do not cast their heal spells. Along with all other direct cast spells. Passive skills work

Moona
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  von_Oberstain Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:19 am

hybrid - does it apply to 1.04? this used to happen, but 1.04 have fixed it (at least in my testing), and all triggered abilities worked fine...
von_Oberstain
von_Oberstain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fink Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:17 am

I have a few bugs as well I noticed and i'm not sure if they have been addressed or not yet:

Goblin - Goblin Walker no ability description for their AoE missle attack and does not say they have an ability for that.
Goblin - Goblin Brute says there is an Armor Smash ability however there is no ability on the unit when it is upgrade, not sure if he actually has one or not but it is not visable if so.

Fink

Back to top Go down

Post  Moona Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:44 pm

von_Oberstain wrote:hybrid - does it apply to 1.04? this used to happen, but 1.04 have fixed it (at least in my testing), and all triggered abilities worked fine...

I am not sure. All of the above bugs were sent to me through our email report system. Ill have a look and let you know. Could be the older version

Moona
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Moona Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:01 pm

It would be awesome if everyone could keep their bugs/fixes etc inside one thread, this one would do nicely

To add to a few things Fink said in another topic regarding certain races.

Arctic

The Azure dragons splash needs to be re-implemented, however needs to be different from the 2.7 version where it basically never seemed to work. Many people including myself only ever built the basic dragon.

This race has a major weakness when it comes to air levels(Level 13 to be exact) but I see a simple solution that comes from the Polar Bear unit. The upgraded Magnataur unit has a cool looking swipe attack that does increased damage to AIR units! its downfall is that it is HEAVY armor, make it medium!. Perfect for the Magic damage of air rounds.

Beast

Give the Harpys more range! They are not meant to be tanking units! But always seem to get focused first rather then the melee. This races downfall is there ability against air. Give them a unit that does some pierce or a decent medium armor unit. Make the Gnolls Savages medium armor? I dont know but they need something if CB is not an option at this stage.

Ill add some more to this once I play a few games.

Last edited by Moona on Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Moona
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Timer Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:23 pm

There is a bug with the blood orc's fel champion - he is supposed to have a chaos attack, but once the actual unit spawns to fight the wave his attack type changes to normal.

Timer

Back to top Go down

Post  nicolbolas>jace Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:11 am

Moona wrote:It would be awesome if everyone could keep their bugs/fixes etc inside one thread, this one would do nicely
yes, that makes perfect sense, probably makes it easier for oberstain/eGze/others to collect info and take sides/make decisions.
Moona wrote:
This race has a major weakness when it comes to air levels(Level 13 to be exact) but I see a simple solution that comes from the Polar Bear unit. The upgraded Magnataur unit has a cool looking swipe attack that does increased damage to AIR units! its downfall is that it is HEAVY armor, make it medium!. Perfect for the Magic damage of air rounds.
called overbuild, some races have to do it for some levels, perfect example it: in LISK maps (should be true for these as well) mech can hold level 12 and 13 with ultralow value (under 900) in x1 mode, but it needs to have 1150 or more to hold level 14 (usually) and even more to hold level 15... this is called saving than overbuilding, it is part of the game. learn how to do it..... also "revenge" does "120% damage to air" is a WTF ability and seem randomly placed, should be removed with slight stat buff
Moona wrote:
Give the Harpys more range! They are not meant to be tanking units! But always seem to get focused first rather then the melee. This races downfall is there ability against air. Give them a unit that does some pierce or a decent medium armor unit. Make the Gnolls Savages medium armor? I dont know but they need something if CB is not an option at this stage.
troll's (in beast) are not meant to be tank, but they are used as tanks. the race is supposed to be weak versus air..... were else can it be weak, it has debuffs that are spread around and splash...

i personally think troll should be buffed (its stats suck) and i think a solution that might help the lack of medium armor would be a troll with TWO choices of upgades to warlord, OR to a melee troll, costing about 200 or so gold.
nicolbolas>jace
nicolbolas>jace
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Moona Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:44 am

called overbuild, some races have to do it for some levels, perfect example it: in LISK maps (should be true for these as well) mech can hold level 12 and 13 with ultralow value (under 900) in x1 mode, but it needs to have 1150 or more to hold level 14 (usually) and even more to hold level 15... this is called saving than overbuilding, it is part of the game. learn how to do it..... also "revenge" does "120% damage to air" is a WTF ability and seem randomly placed, should be removed with slight stat buff

I do actually have a fair idea how this game works so there is no need to make assumptions. That may have been viable in 2.7 of 1.6 but with the new lumbering system of 2.8 overbuilding with certain races does not cover the very high chance of getting sent narly creeps that tear any weakness you have in that round apart.

troll's (in beast) are not meant to be tank, but they are used as tanks. the race is supposed to be weak versus air..... were else can it be weak, it has debuffs that are spread around and splash...

i personally think troll should be buffed (its stats suck) and i think a solution that might help the lack of medium armor would be a troll with TWO choices of upgades to warlord, OR to a melee troll, costing about 200 or so gold.

Yes they are supposed to be weak vs air, but they need something to give them a fighting chance. And yes the Troll does suck, giving it two different upgrades as you said seems like a good option.

Moona
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Fink Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:32 am

Yes they are supposed to be weak vs air, but they need something to give them a fighting chance. And yes the Troll does suck, giving it two different upgrades as you said seems like a good option.

I like that ides by adding a different unit as an upgrade from Troll for better aganist air.

Also, I was curious if the DB mode was going to be put back into the beta or if the bugs were fixed for it. I think the Dual Builder mode would be a good substitute for CB not being in the game.

Fink

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next