Legion TD War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions for next upgardes for towers

3 posters

Go down

Suggestions for next upgardes for towers Empty Suggestions for next upgardes for towers

Post  PROcuratorDotA Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:22 am

I added this topic to let you let me know what kind of new towers you would like to see. I am preparing now second/third/and so on upgrades for EACH of old towers. I have my mind full of ideas but I want to hear what you would like to have in each race.

I have no idea for upgraded Goliath, Tree of Time and Mutant and I am not sure would you like to have upgraded Tree of Life and Knowledge or not, because I already made another upgrade - Tree of Fortune - very special and nice. Give me some ideas about Beast and Nature races especially, would be awesome to see ideas with models and icons cause I'd love to give something extra to the Beast - boring race.

Write constructively.

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for next upgardes for towers Empty Re: Suggestions for next upgardes for towers

Post  guy4 Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:44 am

Proc could you write donw your ideas for the units so we dont repeat them. i.e. say one idea was to have craggy exterrior on tree of knowledge (like tiny in dota) like a 10% chance that melee attackers (or attackers in a low range) would stun themselves by attacking the tree of knowledge.

Now if you have used it on say the upgrade of halfbreed already, then we will be knida wasting your tinme and ours if you know what i mean Smile.

guy4
Respected
Respected

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for next upgardes for towers Empty Re: Suggestions for next upgardes for towers

Post  guy4 Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:48 am

oh yeah last thing, I play omg dota quite often so know all the dota spells and abilities really well. After I have seen what you have come up with, ill probably reuse some of the dota spells where appropriate in the gaps. Smile. You are very creative, but I like to reuse the wheel especially good ones Smile

guy4
Respected
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  PROcuratorDotA Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:27 am

Oh no! I have made already list of over 100 units in my language, I have no time to translate it now. Shit I have problems now with adding new models/icons some are really problematic Mad

Just give your ideas, I think bashing can be good. But I have problems with Dwarves it's not race good to moderate unfortunatelly, any ideas? Another problems: Tree of Travel/Time, Halfbreed/Goliath, skills for magical version of Wandigoo, Modern Mage, Azshara Herself - spells needed.

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Post  guy4 Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:40 am

okay so here goes some ideas. I cant do models coz I am not very creative. But have some good ideas for spells/abilities (borrowed from dota/castle fights)

corrosive skin - (for any tank upgrade) when creeps attack they get poisned i.e. lose att spd ms and tak a tiny amount of dmg over time

impetus - (for range tower upgrade) - uses mana - casts a lance which does dmg depndinig on distance travelled.

waveform (a level 6 tier upgrade preferably and maybe for a tank) - when hp below a certain amount the unit waves a small distance causing some aoe dmg. Whilst it is waving it is invulnerable.

storm bolt - ranged stun kinda like demi human's hoof stomp (but you can limit the number of units that the stun can affect) so not aoe stun like in dota but stun based on max number of creeps

perma invisiblity - so whilst it is running around and not attacking creeps it is invisble and cant be attacked
(this is very nice for races with collison size problems like mek and shaodw). you could even make it an aura on a level 6 tier upgrade for mek or shadow so a few units would get this nice ability

sunder - swaps life % with another tower (mainly for a tank with lotsa hp) i.e. if the tank is dying and it has a full hp range unit it swaps life percentage with the range unit and it can tank with full hp. the range unit is almost dead, but its protected from the creeps by the tank. the sunder needs a large range (so if the range tower is far away from the tank the tank wont have to run around to target the range creep)
and it must only target range creeps (if the player hasnt built any range then its there bad this is strategy game after all Smile)

living armour - only targeted on tanks, the unit with this upgrade can cast living armour on other tanks which adds some small armour and hp regen

fury swipes - does incremental dmg on single target. i.e. does an additonal 5 dmg per hit on creep, if the creep dies and the tower hits another creep then the dmg resets

laser - does dmg to one creep and makes them miss 50% of time for a short duration of time

sprout - an upgrade to net - i.e. it nets or sprouts a few creeps for a short duration so that they cant attack (unless they range)

spirit lance - does small dmg to 1 creep and makes an image of the tower whic last short time and takes 400% dmg and does 50% of dmg of the original tower that cast lance

toss - tosses single creep back about 1000 range and does dmg to that creep only the creep then has to run the 1000 distance to start attcking again.

Okay i am going to stop there. let me know if these ideas are on the right track or way offline. Hope they help

guy4
Respected
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  PROcuratorDotA Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:50 am

As my nick says I know dota pretty well so these ideas aren't foreign for me. I used some of them and most I will never develop - lag, too much coding for egze (egze won't agree ;p) etc. NICE idea is about perm invisibilty aura - I must with egze about that, its pretty complex I guess. Omg, that would be awesome probably I have idea for high Tier Shadow Tower ^^. Permament inv on single target (doesn't dispell on attack) is already introduced on one Goblin unit Wink Very funny - recommend. Stunning/corrosive skin should rather decrease armor in little radius such as special zombie unit. But no place to include him, so possibly it will go to Lumber-sends.

Thx I will work a lot tomorrow promise

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Post  nicolbolas>jace Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:34 am

PROcuratorDotA wrote:I added this topic to let you let me know what kind of new towers you would like to see. I am preparing now second/third/and so on upgrades for EACH of old towers. I have my mind full of ideas but I want to hear what you would like to have in each race.

I have no idea for upgraded Goliath, Tree of Time and Mutant and I am not sure would you like to have upgraded Tree of Life and Knowledge or not, because I already made another upgrade - Tree of Fortune - very special and nice. Give me some ideas about Beast and Nature races especially, would be awesome to see ideas with models and icons cause I'd love to give something extra to the Beast - boring race.

Write constructively.

i am responding with this point: any upgrades will have to be at least 1k.

with a few exceptions (mutant for one) the point of having races with 6 weaker units and 6 stronger (upgraded) units is part of the game... unlike most other td games were you can get a few towers than just upgrade them....
nicolbolas>jace
nicolbolas>jace
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down