Legion TD War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ideas for Legion TD Mega 3.4

+22
magixen
LTD_Fan
Dazzlee
Vinnieboy_1993
13atou
Xili-men
sandstorm260
PalaTudy
HaX_HuK
WeeZy
NERV
VoiceInMind
Fibonachi
OsiRyS
w1r3L3sS
paul9750
Xiombargdei
holykiller96
Yumichika
von_Oberstain
Anders Riis
HuanAk
26 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

ideas for Legion TD Mega 3.4 - Page 5 Empty Re: ideas for Legion TD Mega 3.4

Post  13atou Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:09 am

Just random builder hybrid so maybe ? =)

13atou
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  HuanAk Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:38 am

13atou wrote:Just random builder hybrid so maybe ? =)

I think random builder already include Hybrid ? (I knew change builder included hybrid, not sure about random builder)

HuanAk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  13atou Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:13 am

Ah OK I thought not ^^, you are doubtless right, thank you =).

13atou
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  PalaTudy Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:00 am

minotaur from demi-human doesn`t make the tremor or how is named his skil when it haves full mana...he waits some seconds...make it to give the tremor exactly when he have full mana...

PalaTudy
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  HuanAk Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:55 am

PalaTudy wrote:minotaur from demi-human doesn`t make the tremor or how is named his skil when it haves full mana...he waits some seconds...make it to give the tremor exactly when he have full mana...

I will write some code to force it cast spell.

to cast a spell, it have 2 requirement :
- cool down
- full mana

sometime full mana doesn't mean automatic cast.
eg, if you have mana regen aura :
- your mana will full in 6 seconds, normally take 10 seconds
- your mana will full in 10 seconds, normally take 20 seconds
- your mana will full in 12 seconds, normally take 30 seconds
- your mana will full in 14 seconds, normally take 45 seconds
- your mana will full in 20 seconds, normally take forever ( 0 regen, should be one off spell )

that is why lots of spell have "hidden" cool down. and cooldown usually slightly lower than normal regen time.

HuanAk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dazzlee Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:50 am

nice if you could delete "press any key to continue" after loading (that u dont have to press a key and it continues automatically)

Dazzlee
Neotank

Back to top Go down

ideas for Legion TD Mega 3.4 - Page 5 Empty (un)Balances

Post  LTD_Fan Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:31 pm

1. Mercenary
Why are you having so much trouble with mercenary?... The whole race is so out of concept that it should be removed. Or maybe if it wouldn't be a selectable race at the beginning, instead players could change their biulder to merc after level 10 and only if their value is much lower than (e.g. under 50% of) the recommended value.

2. Undead
Whats the point of putting already used units into a new race again, with different (much stronger) skills/abilities?? Not even frost dragon have slow+splash attack.. And a new race with already existing unit models is disappointing (for ex. acolyte upgrade, ballista+upgrade, zombie+pudge,..) This race needs some reconsideration/rework before put into the game, and a race where 1 kind of unit can rape all the waves with ease makes game modes kinda senseless.. (cb,hp,ap)...

3. Old races
Instead of rushing to design new races you should focus a bit on balancing the old ones.. We don't need sailing pirate ships, we already have lots of units but each races only have just a few useful ones. And sometimes even these good units completely lack of synergy in skills. We give some of our ideas regarding currently useful units value/incomewise.
a) Marine:
-the basic siren unit is much stronger/useful than it's upgrade - give frost armor to the upgraded one or give stronger frost armor with much lower cd to the upgraded version.
-hydra is overnerfed, with every 3rd attack and 60% of damage??? That equals to a 33% 1.8x crit statistically - weak (compare to other splash/crit units from this tier).

b) Goblin:
-why clockwerk doesn't have some base manaregen? 10 damage+1s stun not a big deal it should be able to cast it more times if he survives long enough.. And the clockwerk jumping out of the dying tank why only has 5 mana?
- the old tier 5 unit (jump+stomp and the upgrade with the temporarily invulnerability) was more suitable for defensive purposes since it could protect the others behind. What's the point of putting a fast attacking unit next to the tanks with high single target damage?
-tanks are weak compared to former ones and in terms of price/value rating. And the basic one having melee attacks is a bad idea. Driver jump is too weak ability on this tier. Maybe make tank tier 5 with some modifications and design a new tier 6 unit for them. It would also make the race more unique since mech also has a tank on tier 6 with same type of damage/armor.

c) Element:
-phoenix and SoD: maybe consider replacing manashild and high single damage with an immolation skill.
-Messiah shouldn't be a unit for this race, rather for a race with more mana dependance.

d) Ghost:
-Meridian: increase mp rather than hp, since it has a mana shield...... Maybe change catastrophe cd since it's single target and the unit's strenght could be adjusted by setting the cd or damage of the skill.

That's enough to point out some major issues IMO, but many balancing options and work needs to be done in later versions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading our suggestions!

p.s.: Please spare the map from anime influence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LTD_Fan
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  HuanAk Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:49 pm

yes, new race is boring.

also it doesn't matter what you changed, some unit/race always better than other, so I can't really make them 100% equal.

all I can do it make sure they are playable and can achieved my recommend value, as well as reach "master" title.

and, I will stop adding more race after 2nd page is full, then I don't know what to do after that, maybe just minor adjust/balance.

HuanAk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dazzlee Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:58 am

@ Ghost Balance, Ghost needs a Tank, Outcast/Forsaken One isnt enough, so more HP for Meridian is best way to go, since Soul of Hero sucks balls

Dazzlee
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  HuanAk Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:45 am

I will leave minor balance adjust for final beta. because I will have time to play after that.

HuanAk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HuanAk Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:27 pm

LTD_Fan wrote:1. Mercenary
Why are you having so much trouble with mercenary?... The whole race is so out of concept that it should be removed. Or maybe if it wouldn't be a selectable race at the beginning, instead players could change their biulder to merc after level 10 and only if their value is much lower than (e.g. under 50% of) the recommended value.

Mercenary is for :
- Mecenary is good at team support role (1 mecenary per team, their role is upgrade king at certain time)
- People who like pure lumber from old day
- Noob don't have to leave game, they can "change to mecenary" and watch (they can't do much damage to the game)
- Pro can still play it, with spare lumber during early-mid game, and just enough lumber/gold for late game, can defend up to level 31 with low leak.

2. Undead
Whats the point of putting already used units into a new race again, with different (much stronger) skills/abilities?? Not even frost dragon have slow+splash attack.. And a new race with already existing unit models is disappointing (for ex. acolyte upgrade, ballista+upgrade, zombie+pudge,..) This race needs some reconsideration/rework before put into the game, and a race where 1 kind of unit can rape all the waves with ease makes game modes kinda senseless.. (cb,hp,ap)...

remember, this is still beta, try again after beta is over

3. Old races
Instead of rushing to design new races you should focus a bit on balancing the old ones.. We don't need sailing pirate ships, we already have lots of units but each races only have just a few useful ones. And sometimes even these good units completely lack of synergy in skills. We give some of our ideas regarding currently useful units value/incomewise.
a) Marine:
-the basic siren unit is much stronger/useful than it's upgrade - give frost armor to the upgraded one or give stronger frost armor with much lower cd to the upgraded version.
-hydra is overnerfed, with every 3rd attack and 60% of damage??? That equals to a 33% 1.8x crit statistically - weak (compare to other splash/crit units from this tier).

I never touch hydra, but Mermaid's slow is weaker.
Hydra have really good dps/cost ratio, 0.48dps/gold

b) Goblin:
-why clockwerk doesn't have some base manaregen? 10 damage+1s stun not a big deal it should be able to cast it more times if he survives long enough.. And the clockwerk jumping out of the dying tank why only has 5 mana?
- the old tier 5 unit (jump+stomp and the upgrade with the temporarily invulnerability) was more suitable for defensive purposes since it could protect the others behind. What's the point of putting a fast attacking unit next to the tanks with high single target damage?
-tanks are weak compared to former ones and in terms of price/value rating. And the basic one having melee attacks is a bad idea. Driver jump is too weak ability on this tier. Maybe make tank tier 5 with some modifications and design a new tier 6 unit for them. It would also make the race more unique since mech also has a tank on tier 6 with same type of damage/armor.

my Goblin is almost perfect race, It is good (but not the best) race, it have more than 1 build, all of then work.
if you was in beta for this new race, everyone build clockwerk, nothing else. because AE stun is so powerful when you have mass number of clickwerk with mana regen in 10 second.

c) Element:
-phoenix and SoD: maybe consider replacing manashild and high single damage with an immolation skill.
-Messiah shouldn't be a unit for this race, rather for a race with more mana dependance.

Messiah have 5% mana regen aura. (eg, if you have 1000 mana, It will regen 50 mana per second.)
try do math on Disciple, SoD and Fenix.

d) Ghost:
-Meridian: increase mp rather than hp, since it has a mana shield...... Maybe change catastrophe cd since it's single target and the unit's strenght could be adjusted by setting the cd or damage of the skill.

before changed, Meridian usually die with 500-900 mana left. I don't know why but you can try and watch it in 3.3.

That's enough to point out some major issues IMO, but many balancing options and work needs to be done in later versions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading our suggestions!

p.s.: Please spare the map from anime influence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for future: (don't have time to create new spell yet)
Red Dragon = splash + burning/fire effect
Blue Dragon = splash + AE cold effect
Dead Dragon = splash + AE poison

HuanAk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dazzlee Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:20 pm

Sounds good Smile Especially that you dont wanna change goblin, one of my fav races ^^

Dazzlee
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  VoiceInMind Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:56 am

What do u think about mode, when all couples in team (red-blue, green-pink, etc.) build together in +1-armor-area? Mb i possible to add some commanda like "-give x" to tranfer gold in sub-team. cuz always one of them will kill more or smth.

VoiceInMind
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dazzlee Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:07 am

Just imagine, with beast you can hold 2 waves easily alone on middle till lvl 12, if the incomer gives him money and builds later on too.

I like the idea but, yeah would be imba

just my 2 cents

Dazzlee
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  VoiceInMind Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:04 am

Ofc this idea to discuss. It can be -moli, where mo - is middle only. Or some boosts for creeps, "captain" of each wave with some abilities.

VoiceInMind
Tempest
Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dazzlee Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:26 am

middle only sounds interesting. it efforts nice teamplay and communication which tower you should build and when upgrade lumber. just without gold/lumber transfer =)

something like a captain could be a new mode too. maybe include it to hardcore Very Happy

Dazzlee
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  HuanAk Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:03 am

Dazzlee wrote:middle only sounds interesting. it efforts nice teamplay and communication which tower you should build and when upgrade lumber. just without gold/lumber transfer =)

something like a captain could be a new mode too. maybe include it to hardcore Very Happy

I don't like middle mode.

there will be hardcore mode in later beta, I still need to work out how to do it.

HuanAk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NERV Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:38 am

Dazzlee wrote:middle only sounds interesting. it efforts nice teamplay and communication which tower you should build and when upgrade lumber. just without gold/lumber transfer =)

Mid builds are very powerful, if wasn't for the fact that most of times you can't find space to build in late game.I used to play a lot of mid with my friends when we discovered mega (we used to do mid builds in legion 1.3~5 too), but after lv 22~23 there isn't enough space for two players to build. Then we have to build in our lane, and its quite annoying and unproductive. ):

NERV
NERV
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  HuanAk Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:10 pm

NERV wrote:

Mid builds are very powerful, if wasn't for the fact that most of times you can't find space to build in late game.I used to play a lot of mid with my friends when we discovered mega (we used to do mid builds in legion 1.3~5 too), but after lv 22~23 there isn't enough space for two players to build. Then we have to build in our lane, and its quite annoying and unproductive. ):

this is some information about new pathing :
- after all your creep die ( your creep mean the creep spawn from your lane), all your fighter will move

for example, you can build something far behind, it will move toward teleport after your lane is empty.

so you can try work out how to use it in middle build.

HuanAk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dazzlee Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:54 pm

I never tried a mid build lvl 19+ in Legion Mega (2.x X3) cause the games ended xD I remember that it was kinda fun in early Versions 1.x

Dazzlee
Neotank

Back to top Go down

ideas for Legion TD Mega 3.4 - Page 5 Empty New Race: The Mutants

Post  Vinnieboy_1993 Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:55 am

New Race for Legion TD

The Mutants.

Tier 1 Troll/ Troll Mutant
Tier 2 Pioson Spider / Infectious Darkclaw. (Model of Anub Arak)
Tier 3 Poison Dragon/ Viper ( The Toxic Dragon ) Element Tier 6 But then Green
Tier 4 Orc Fighter (Like Yurnero in Dota)/ Orc Mutant. ( The Orc Flamethrower for Tech Builder but then Stronger and More Green Razz and Shooting Acid instead of Fire.
Tier 5 MudMonster/ SlugdeFinger. (Both the Same Creature of Legion Td lvl 18) Only Slugdefinger is Bigger.
Tier 6 Zergling / Venomancer. (Zerg and Venomancer of Dota)

Troll Hp: 95 Melee/Supporter Fast
Troll Mutant Hp: 200 Melee/Supporter Fast

Poison Spider Hp: 160 Range / Dps Fast Abillity: Double Attack every 3 Seconds.
I. Darkclaw Hp: 700 Melee / Dps Fast Abillity: Double Attack every 2 Seconds.

Poison Dragon Hp: 500 Range / Dps Fast
Viper Hp: 1100 Range / Dps Fast Abillity: Each Attack Injects a Poison in the Body of the Enemy Dealing 10 Damage per Second for 2 Seconds. Stacks indefenitly.

Next one is a pretty unsuspecting Unit because of random attacks.
Orc Fighter Hp: 1000 Melee / Dps Fast 1-300 Dmg
Orc Mutant Hp: 1600 Range / Dps Very Fast Abillity: Acid Spray. A Weapon attack that hits every unit in 300 AoE Units around or infront of the Orc Muntant get Infected. Dealing 50 Damage per second for 2 Seconds. Stacks With other Orc Mutants.

MudMonster Hp: 1200 Melee / Tank Average
SludgeFinger Hp: 1900 Melee / Tank Fast Abillity: Tentacle Wrap. SlugdeFinger Binds a enemy's Unit. Making it unable to attack and move. Dealing Damage overtime. 25 Damage per second for 4 Seconds. Slugdefinger can keep attacking While Preforming this Spell.

Zergling Hp 1400 Melee / Tank Fast
Venomancer Hp 2250 Range / Dpsser Very Fast Abillity: Poison Nova
http://www.playdota.com/heroes/venomancer .I was Thinking about 20 Damage Per Second over 10 Seconds? Or Nerve it? Its not stackable. Can only be activated when 1 Venomancer Ends the Spell.

HuanAk i hope this one is more what you meant when you explained how you create a race.. Putted the Venomancer in it:)
Hope u like it

Vinnieboy_1993
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  LTD_Fan Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:58 am

when I create a new race, I usually :

1, find the model for Builder
2, find model for fighter ( about 12 difference fighter ) <-- most important, try for half melee, half range.
3, now find a good name for them
4, find some good ability that doesn't require lots of work. <-- most of warcraft's ability are too OP for Legion TD
5, set up damage/speed/hp etc <-- this is lease important.

I can make 100's new race in short time if I have enough model & ability.

You can't be serious about this ! oO
If you work like this then you are just spamming legiontd with rubbish races. You are not even trying to balance existing races, it's getting more and more imba and disappointing--

What's the big problem in changing some parameters of a WC3 ability to fit LegionTd? oO

You say its impossible to completely balance a game - it's true as far as you change an OP unit only once and then just let it be..

Seriously, working like this -> you will ruin the map completely!!

LTD_Fan
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  HuanAk Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:50 am

LTD_Fan wrote:

You can't be serious about this ! oO
If you work like this then you are just spamming legiontd with rubbish races. You are not even trying to balance existing races, it's getting more and more imba and disappointing--

What's the big problem in changing some parameters of a WC3 ability to fit LegionTd? oO

You say its impossible to completely balance a game - it's true as far as you change an OP unit only once and then just let it be..

Seriously, working like this -> you will ruin the map completely!!

I will stop working on LegionTD soon, after 2nd page is full.

because every game have their own life spam, when player are bored, they always rant about this and that.

and, in next version, I won't release beta to public anymore, so they only get final version.

HuanAk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dazzlee Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:40 pm

Will you make sure if somebody continues with Legion TD or will you just give it like open source and everybody can do his own stuff?

Dazzlee
Neotank

Back to top Go down

ideas for Legion TD Mega 3.4 - Page 5 Empty reply from Legion TD PRO

Post  magixen Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:51 pm

OK, here it is:

WAVES
9 lvl is too weak. You are trying to make it stronger, but it's not enough.
19 lvl is little bit too strong.
22 lvl is much too strong.
23 lvl is too easy.
25 lvl is very very very weak. You can take them with 5000 value.
29 lvl is too strong. Only good magic attack (or overpowered towers) can clean this wave.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UNITS
* Demi-Human:
Mutant is too weak.
Harlot should have medium armor, not heavy!
Big foots are too strong. There is a bug that sometimes they just walk around and don't fight.
Doctor healing is kind a buggy. Sometimes they don't heal even if they have full MP. Besides the heal could be stronger.
* Elf
Warden is too powerfull. Warden + lifesteel aura = undying army.
Maverics were good enough before Legion Mega, and you even made them stronger. Copies should not deal damage!! They are overpowered.
* Shadows
Dark mage should throw buff on the front fighters.
Infernal should be smaller. The trick is - if you build many lords, they invoke many infernals and they are really good at jamming the line so half of creeps can't attack.
And YES, Hades are NOT too powerful.
* Ghost
I like the change of meridians, but don't even think about giving them even more HP!!!
* Paladin
Remove this race.
* Undead
Death dragons are too powerful.
Heartstoppers aura is too strong. At the end, when creeps have thousands of HP, 1 aura can deal 1000 dps.
* Orc
Wyverns were too strong, now they are too weak. I can't feel the effect of poison.
Thralls are the most overpowered units in Legion TD.
Bugs with 1 unit 1 upgr buff. It's written that buff works on ally member, but it works only on himself.
* Mech
Works good enough for me.
* Goblin
Am... Ok I forgot his name Very Happy the guy for 180g is too strong (upgraded). It has too much HP.
* Arctic
Yes, it was the strongest race before (I could easily make 25 full upgraded workers at wave 11, playing 2v2 with "pure"), and wandigoos were very strong. Now wandigoos are too weak. And yes, they should have medium armor.
* Beast
The thing is, all units CAN'T have heavy armor! If you play without -cb mode, you are a cooky for magic attackers. Make the bears medium armored!!!

magixen
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next