Legion TD War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lord of Death (3.5 Shadow guide)

2 posters

Go down

Lord of Death (3.5 Shadow guide) Empty Lord of Death (3.5 Shadow guide)

Post  NERV Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:46 pm

NERV wrote:
"Hello everyone, I wrote this Shadow guide a while ago, and now I think the time to share has come, so, here we go!
This guide includes:
#1. - Shadow Race: Overview of units;
#2. - Shadow Build: "Lord of Death";
#3. - Special Info.

Good reading!" alien
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#1. - Shadow Race: Overview of units: (Based on Mega 3.5 beta11)

TIER 1 : Weak melee unit, doesn't do much alone, but the upgrades have potential for great early combinations.

Bone Warrior (15 VALUE - Tier 1 Base Fighter with multiple upgrades - Normal Damage/Medium Armor)
Ability:

• Frenzy - Increased HP Regeneration rate.

Skeletor (105 VALUE - Tier 1 Promoted Fighter - Normal Damage/Medium Armor)
Ability:

• Killing Spree - 30% chance to increase attack damage by 33% on attack. If the attack kills a creep, chance is increased to 100%.

Fire Archer (105 VALUE - Tier 1 Promoted Fighter - Pierce Damage/Light Armor)
Ability:

• Flaming Arrows - Uses mana to add 20 bonus damage to an attack - Costs 4 mana.

Dark Mage (105 VALUE - Tier 1 Promoted Fighter - Magic Damage/Light Armor)
Ability:

• Mindwarp - Increases the attack rate of an ally by 30% - Last 20 seconds.

TIER 2 : Underrated shadow unit, can be used as damage dealer in early game, but has very poor survivability. Changes made in 3.5 made this unit a bit more useful.

Carrion Spider (35 VALUE - Tier 2 Base Fighter - Pierce Damage/Medium Armor)
Ability: None

Nightcrawler (145 VALUE - Tier 2 Promoted Fighter - Pierce Damage/Medium Armor)
Ability:

• (version 3.41) Sticky web - 20% slow movement and 15% slow attack speed - last 6 secs - Air units only.
  • (version 3.5)  Necromancy - Creeps killed by this unit are revived as Weak Zombies and fight alongside with the Nightcrawler - Last 2 seconds.

TIER 3 : Melee unit who can summon a small pet to fight along his side. Can profit from Life steal aura and wears Heavy armor, it is a good early unit overall, but lacks damage for mid/late stages of the game.

Gateguard (90 VALUE - Tier 3 Base Fighter - Normal Damage/Heavy Armor)
Ability:

• Conjure Fiend - Low dmg and low HP pet - last 60 seconds - Chaos Damage/Heavy Armor.

Harbinger (240 VALUE - Tier 3 Promoted Fighter - Normal Damage/Heavy Armor)
Ability:

• Conjure Fanatic - Average dmg and HP pet- last 60 seconds - Chaos Damage/Heavy Armor.

TIER 4 : Ranged unit carrier of Shadow special aura: Life steal. It is more like a support unit, and it is the only source of Magic damage of shadow. The Keeper of the Souls is the Shadow fighter with highest attack damage!

Overseer (130 VALUE - Tier 4 Base Fighter - Magic Damage/Medium Armor)
Ability:

• Blood Thirsty - Nearby friendly melee units recover HP equal to 8% of damage dealt.

Keeper of the Souls (295 VALUE - Tier 4 Promoted Fighter - Magic Damage/Medium Armor - Flying)
Ability:

• Sounds of Madness - Nearby friendly melee units recover HP equal to 16% of damage dealt.

TIER 5 : Melee fighter with evasion and insane attack speed, but very low damage. Benefits a lot from Life Steal Aura, but lacks damage to deal with the late level creeps and overall, it is another average tanker.

Nightmare (215 VALUE - Tier 5 Base Fighter - Normal Damage/Unarmored)
Ability:

• Shadow Walker - Grants 10% evasion and 10% chance to deal double damage.

Doppelganger (455 VALUE - Tier 5 Promoted Fighter- Normal Damage/Unarmored)
Ability:

• Fatality - Grants 15% evasion and 10% chance to deal triple damage.

TIER 6 : The most expensive unit of Shadow, is also the best one. It is mainly a tank unit, and can summon a lot of smaller pets to fight along his side, they are so good, sometimes they doesn't even engage in close range combat. Despite having the lowest damage of all tiers 6 units in the game, it's very good and a very reliable unit. Good against boss in particular and in all stages of the game.

Lord of Death (300 VALUE - Tier 6 Base Fighter - Chaos Damage/Medium Armor)
Ability:

• Invoke Inferno - Summoned pet with above average damage and HP - Chaos damage/Fortified.

Hades (660 VALUE - Tier 6 Promoted Fighter - Chaos Damage/Medium Armor)
Ability:

• Diablo - Pet with average damage and high HP - Piercing Damage/Light Armor - summons additional Zerglings(Chaos Damage/Unarmored, Summoned Zerglings can only last for 15 seconds).

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#2. Shadow Build: "Lord of Death" (Intended for 3.5 Mega, but should work on older versions as well):
NERV, regarding this build, wrote:This is a very simple, yet very stable build. The point here is to build the less possible, and increase you lumber as much as you can. The main objective of the player who's following this guide should be to max his income generation in each level by sending summons on all levels (preferably sending before each rounds start as well, to maximize gold generation on both teams). While this guide can manage to clear most levels, it is not a 100% leak proof build, however, you should not have any trouble in the early stages of the game. Good luck and have fun!

PS: I recommend you to make use of the bounty chart to help increase your lumber during save gold rounds. (link HERE.) alien

LEVEL 1 : (+1 wisp during round.)
+ 1 Lord of Death.

LEVEL 2 : (+1 wisp during round.)
+ 1 Carrion Spitter.

LEVEL 3 : (during round: save 160 gold.)
Promote to Carrion to Nightcrawler.

LEVEL 4 : (during round: save 200 gold.)
No build.

LEVEL 5 : (during round:
*if income >12: buy first lumber jack and +1 wisp;
*if income <12: buy 2 wisps;
AND save 100 gold.)

Promote Lord of Death to Hades.

LEVEL 6 : (during round: save another 200 gold.)
No build.

LEVEL 7 : (during round: save gold.)
+ 1 Lord of Death.

LEVEL 8 : (during round: save gold.)
No build.

LEVEL 9 : (during round: + lumberjacks, get 7 wisps asap, if you don't already have 'em.)
Promote second Hades.

LEVEL 10 : (during round: + lumberjacks.)
:Easy Level:
No build.
TOTAL VALUE: 1465
TOTAL UNITS: 2x Hades ; 1x Nightcrawler

NERV, regarding level 10 and Easy Levels, wrote:
Chances are you will leak boss, but can also hold all three. Every game is different. I, however, consider this level a easy one.
Easy Levels are the ones you most likely won't leak even if you get hard sends. alien

LEVEL 11 : (during round: save 300 gold.)
:HARD LEVEL:
No build.
NERV, regarding level 11, wrote:You might have leaks here, watch out! alien

LEVEL 12 :
:Tricky Level:
+ 1 Lord of Death.
OPTIONAL FOR BEST RESULTS (Pick one): + 1 Nightcrawler; + 1 Overseer; + 1 Dark Mage; + 1 Anything, really.
NERV, regarding level 12 and Tricky Levels, wrote:
Tricky Levels are the ones where is possible to have leaks even if you get only the most silly sends. Can be very dangerous if your opponents send too many, upgrade your king! alien

LEVEL 13 :
:Tricky Level:
Promote third Lord of Death to Hades.

LEVEL 14 :
:HARD LEVEL:
+ 1 Lord of Death.
TOTAL VALUE: 2570
TOTAL UNITS: 3x Hades ; 1x Lord of Death ; 1x Nightcrawler ; 1x OPTIONAL

NERV, regarding level 14 and Hades, wrote:
Hades are ranged fighters, so they are *most of the time* able to take out chariots and dinos very quickly, which kind of helps mitigating the eventual leaks, but at this point, your income should be high enough so it can be your main source of gold. alien
NERV, regarding the Next Levels, wrote:
I consider all levels beyond level 14 to be :HARD LEVELS: , which means heavy sends will make you leak and perhaps even small sends. Maxed out king can avoid early heals or a possible defeat. alien

LEVEL 15 : (during round: + lumberjacks.)
+ 1 Hades.

LEVEL 16 : (during round: save all the gold you can get.)
+ 1 Lord of Death.

LEVEL 17 : (during round:
*if income < 300 = save enough gold to deploy another Lord of Death next round AND buy more lumberjacks;
*if income > 300 = + lumberjacks.)

+ 1 Hades.
TOTAL VALUE: 3590
TOTAL UNITS: 5x Hades; 1x Nightcrawler; 1x OPTIONAL

NERV, regarding level 17, wrote:
This is enough to hold without sends, but sometimes you will happen to leak a few, don't expect to be able to hold your teammates leaks every game. alien

LEVEL 18 : (during round: + lumberjacks.)
+ 1 Lord of Death.

LEVEL 19 : (during round: save gold)
Promote Lord of Death to Hades.

LEVEL 20 : (during round: get 7/16.)
:Easy Level:
+ 1 Hades.
TOTAL VALUE: 4910
TOTAL UNITS: 7x Hades; 1x Nightcrawler; 1x OPTIONAL

NERV, regarding level 20, wrote:
You might leak one or two boss, so have your king prepared and heals help a lot. Hades are very good at killing boss, so don't you worry so much. Some games you will have much more gold at the beginning of level 20, you'll be able to choose if you want to buy the last lumberjacks before level 20 start or after, during arena battle. So it is up to you to figure out what's best for your team! alien

ARENA and LEVEL 21+ :
After you're done with lumber upgrades, you should add more Hades. You can also (and you should) stack the life steal Auras for Arena Battle, so your allies can enjoy one more healing source.

#3. Special Info:

PROPHET MODE: All you need for this build to work is Lord of Destruction and another cheap supportive unit for early game/boss. If you happen to roll Lord of destruction plus 1 or 2 low tier damage dealers too, you can also make use of this build. For example: Instead of  Nightcrawler or Overseer, you can go for units like: Troll of Beast; Helicopter of Goblin ; Ice troll of Arctic or the expensive Messiah of Element. You can even use other cheap fighters instead of aura units, like: Violet, Prisoner, Pyro, Wandingoo, Knight, Oceanus... among many others.

Tip: One Lord of death can clear level 2 by himself, unless if you get a dino/whelp/archers/ghouls. In Legion Mega, every player starts with 97 wood, giving them the possibility of sending/upgrading king right from the start of the game. That being said, you should always check every lane after the round has started in order to see what your opponents are doing with their wood.

If your team receives 4 Whelps in level 1, you can rest easy, because they won't be able to send anything hard at level 2.
BUT, if you see 2 whelps in level 1, you can expect 2 dinos/furbolg at level 2. If still, you receive no sends on level 2, on the very pessimist side: expect blood orc/furbolgs at level 3. Notice that people who sent a whelp at level 1, should have already enough wood to send another whelp on level 3, so keep an eye on the King HP counter and watch out for militias and archers and ghouls, they are a sign your opponent is spending all of their wood, trying to generate maximum income, and most likely they are not saving wood. It is not rocket science, but sometimes you can be mislead by your opponents, especially as the game goes on, but in the very first levels, it's still very possible to keep track of your opponents wood. Just remember: your opponents can keep track of your wood the same way you could! Stealthy upgrading king's attack/HP regen rate can yield different results, it can cause your opponents to start to save, or in some cases stealth upgrade their own king too.
NERV
NERV
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Lord of Death (3.5 Shadow guide) Empty Re: Lord of Death (3.5 Shadow guide)

Post  Nortan Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:50 am

You did state this was meant to undervalue and take risks to push income but this does cause possible reliability issues for a guide. It will probably be fine on 3 unless there is leak/save going on. Potential problems occur at lvl 4, lvl 7, lvl 10, lvl 11, lvl 12, lvl 14, lvl 17, possibly 18/19, and lvl 20 with this build. Possibly insignificant losses but we all know a level or two of leak can escalate into a difficult game. Depends heavily on your teammates and opponents because if your team builds like this then some krakens/shaman/demon from the opponent could burn through multiple heals or even end the game. I just thought I'd emphasis on that a little; overall good guide NERV.
Nortan
Nortan
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  NERV Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:10 am

Hey Nortan.

I like to think it is an Advanced guide written for begginers. There are still ways to pump even more lumber on mid game, ofc, at the cost of leaks, but my point was to make something leakable and lumber oriented, but not like 2/3 leaks every wave, because that freaks people out.

Gotta say i missed your super negative feedback, because you do always test the stuff with the most hardcore sends, and that's just great, but it's really just half of games. The other half I hope you would be sending the hard stuff.

I like this build because you can pull a lot of wood on early and on mid, so in most of the games it will run smooth, as long as you are the first to draw blood. If you manage to keep your opponents under pressure and afraid(upgrading king instead of summons), the early/mid game'd much easier.

If you take save tactics into consideration, you must take the number of open lane in the game as well. As a incomer oriented player, i find it much easier to play 1v1, 2v2 games, just because my opponents, most of the time, can't keep up with my lumber, nor they can kill my early overpowered king. Regarding 3v3 and 4v4 games, all you said is true, it is much hard to lumber and king do have a lot more creeps and summons to deal with.

I'd like to add, if you play your cards right, you can carry a team of 2 or 3 people while you play this build, but 4v4 games are harder and require more of the team.

I don't think a level or two of leaks can ruin any lumber oriented build, simply because, it does give exactly what you need to win: time. Obviously, time do plays for both teams, so you gotta watch out, a less leaky build can take advantage of your leak's time, and end up with more lumber and income(and eventually, more gold) than you. It is the classic mid incomer versus solo incomer. Mid takes a lot more time to kill stuff, and when it leaks, the rounds are much longer. This way a solo player can (and, for the shame of the "midders", most likely, will) surpass the mid lumber/income. Not that's really hard or anything, since most "midders" do 3/0 and the other guy go income, so, in a sense, it is pretty much like playing with one less person.

Back to the guide, in case you've got a leak that kill you next move, you can always reroll.

Best regards
NERV
NERV
NERV
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  Nortan Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:22 am

NERV wrote:Hey Nortan.

I like to think it is an Advanced guide written for begginers. There are still ways to pump even more lumber on mid game, ofc, at the cost of leaks, but my point was to make something leakable and lumber oriented, but not like 2/3 leaks every wave, because that freaks people out.

Gotta say i missed your super negative feedback, because you do always test the stuff with the most hardcore sends, and that's just great, but it's really just half of games. The other half I hope you would be sending the hard stuff.

I like this build because you can pull a lot of wood on early and on mid, so in most of the games it will run smooth, as long as you are the first to draw blood. If you manage to keep your opponents under pressure and afraid(upgrading king instead of summons), the early/mid game'd much easier.

If you take save tactics into consideration, you must take the number of open lane in the game as well. As a incomer oriented player, i find it much easier to play 1v1, 2v2 games, just because my opponents, most of the time, can't keep up with my lumber, nor they can kill my early overpowered king. Regarding 3v3 and 4v4 games, all you said is true, it is much hard to lumber and king do have a lot more creeps and summons to deal with.

I'd like to add, if you play your cards right, you can carry a team of 2 or 3 people while you play this build, but 4v4 games are harder and require more of the team.

I don't think a level or two of leaks can ruin any lumber oriented build, simply because, it does give exactly what you need to win: time. Obviously, time do plays for both teams, so you gotta watch out, a less leaky build can take advantage of your leak's time, and end up with more lumber and income(and eventually, more gold) than you. It is the classic mid incomer versus solo incomer. Mid takes a lot more time to kill stuff, and when it leaks, the rounds are much longer. This way a solo player can (and, for the shame of the "midders", most likely, will) surpass the mid lumber/income. Not that's really hard or anything, since most "midders" do 3/0 and the other guy go income, so, in a sense, it is pretty much like playing with one less person.

Back to the guide, in case you've got a leak that kill you next move, you can always reroll.

Best regards
NERV

Don't be like that; I'm not being super negative just realistic and adding my own constructive criticisms. Someone like HI is generally better at giving super negative feedback. I'm not looking to argue or prove that you are wrong, just giving my opinion. The send I test with is pretty average and what I expect to see in games as long as my opponents aren't new and have 5/0 at arena with 2000 value. I've seen many peoples games ruined by just a level or two of leak when they were building like that as it can have a domino effect if you can't fix it quickly. I do like to advice caution cause I've seen it happen to myself and great players that I've been in games with, but it's definitely not a bad way to play and undeniably high-risk, high-reward that can make all the difference at the end if you survive. Legion 3.5 games often make it to the end compared to 3.41 since saving is restricted but sometimes there's too much leak 17 - 20. On the other hand, many players build too safe and fail to income properly. You don't need to apologize for leaking a little!

Some players are like HI and don't care if they got 2500 - 3000 value on lvl 17 cause of earlier leak problems as they continue to leak terribly (they just want to cap that lumber ASAP). Others get frustrated with it and I'm no exception cause it can endanger the whole game and put your teammates in a bad situation. In those games you probably won't hold again until level 21 or 23. Shadows t6 is so powerful that changing building might not be greatly useful unless you get lucky with slow aura or good ranged dps to support hades.

Mid building is basically dead to any experienced player so by "midders" I'm going to assume you mean cross. I personally think cross is a big issue and while I respect that some people like it I don't agree with their decision that it should be left alone even if it won't be taken into consideration as changes are made. The ability to income and create a safety net using cross is pretty obvious to most of us by now and it's amazing for creating income delay in games. I'm not a fan as it reminds me largely of the imbalance brought on by mercenary race but it's become pretty popular (especially in 3.41 ent/bk) and other players will try to harass you to cross abuse cross build with them. It would be a hard thing to fix since trading units has always been around and it's a playstyle that many have enjoyed using/abusing so I try not to complain about it. At least in 3.5 you can't save ridiculous amounts of lumber with a mercenary cross builds that are nearly impossible to beat with regular play.

Darn it, how did I end up on a tangent about cross again? Hmm... obviously this is all your fault Sad just kidding. I see that you and kong are starting to use 'best reguards' in every post just like HI and while I definitely do wish you well I don't think there is any need for that.
Nortan
Nortan
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  NERV Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:40 am

I'm just joking man Cool

But when i said "mid" i mean't "mid", really. Mids usually do fail hard on mega on late stages, but many try it, I suppose because it does very well in early game and.. you can't say it is not fun to play with a friend, specially if you don't how yet the game and can't pull off nice tricks by yourself, so i thought i'd just add a little trivia about it...

Regarding cross (I am actually glad you brought this up), yes, it goes off the scale in power/strength compared to mid/solo. I hope we can find a balance between cross/mid and solo for 3.5, somehow.

mmmm There's a post HERE that exposes the advantages cross have over solo, but i supposed it is based on 3.41 mega. Not that'd matter so much for this case, but... I suppose ENT people plays mostly 3.41.

Not sure when i've started doing best regards, but i thought i was copying Rocka and not HI, lol. What a Face

Last edited by NERV on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : best regards, NERV)
NERV
NERV
Neotank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down