Legion TD War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legion TD Mega 3.5 (Beta 13), General Discussion and Feedback.

+27
Sebbe
C9.Akai_Shuichi
tasos
OsiRyS
textr
DetDet
xDarkSchneiderX
n0blitz
BossHK
Sneaky Weezy
HighestIncome
von_Oberstain
ReactEnemy
db_savage
vladimir3388
tauceti
Diablo_
Rockabilly[UC]
BlackJohnny
NoHeal4u
sunderkeenin
missgreen
Mr.Teach
Kongk
NERV
Nortan
Saucer
31 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Legion TD Mega 3.5 (Beta 13), General Discussion and Feedback. - Page 10 Empty Re: Legion TD Mega 3.5 (Beta 13), General Discussion and Feedback.

Post  Morfi Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:57 am

Hi.

Could you elaborate more on how exactly -os differs from not using this mode?

Also what do you think about making changes to Sprites and Thunderbirds. I play Legion TD quite a lot and we easly proved that you can basically just build army or thunderbirds and eventually in late game some more tanky towers.

Morfi
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Legion TD Mega 3.5 (Beta 13), General Discussion and Feedback. - Page 10 Empty Re: Legion TD Mega 3.5 (Beta 13), General Discussion and Feedback.

Post  Kongk Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:56 pm

Hi Smile

Yea, I know it seems a bit confusing with that -os mode and the new simplified mode system in general. But it can actually be explained quite briefly. -os stands for "Old School" and it reverts any (most at least) new features we have made in the map since B4 back to normal. We will continue to make -os revert any new features in the future. Atm. (B11) -os disables the "No Saving" feature which makes is possible to save lumber. It also turns off the "Holy Light Compensation" feature and gives back the king healing ability "Holy Light" to the builders. In B12 there will be some other things as well but let's discuss that when we are there Wink

(Roughly speaking, -os reverts the Legion map to its inner core)

In terms of Thunderbirds, you are completely right. Let's take another look at that when B12 has been released. And speaking of B12, I have some good news! During the last couple of weeks we have put some work into making B12 ready for release. That concerns both actual coding and testing. Things are moving rapidly forward and I expect B12 to be released in the near future. Smile

Best Regards
Kongk

Kongk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Morfi Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:23 am

Thanks. Thats great news!! Smile

Still this doesnt tell me much. How one cannot save lumber? What would happen if you tried? You must spend it at once after each round or..? Smile

Same goes for holy light. What is the compensation for not having it?

Morfi
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  Kongk Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:04 am

Ahh, well. If you play without -os, you are not able to save lumber. There is a limit to how much lumber you can carry from one round to another. If your amount of lumber is bigger than the limit, all your extra lumber will be spent on summons in your barracks. The autosend is intelligent enough to pick the summons that grant you a maximum share of income per piece of lumber Smile

Also if you play without -os all builders will not have the "holy light" ability. Both kings will instead receive some hp compensation at certain points of the game following a algoritm that I won't go into details about. Smile

I hope this was answer to you questions Smile. If you have any further questions or comments you are very welcome to continue asking them in this thread or send me a private message. Smile

Best Regards
Kongk

Kongk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Morfi Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:18 am

Thanks for clarifying!

I wish we had something like in between as well. Ability to save lumber (which I don't imagine playing without -- SAVE 17!! Save 24!! Save 28!!!!!!!) but without holy light because too often we run into excuses like "my pc froze / I'm retard and I can't click on time / I thought it was blue's turn to heal!!) ^^

Morfi
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  Kongk Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:30 am

Yea, I see your point. And the problem(s) you state with the holy lights are true, which was actually one of the reasons why we decided to remove holy light in the first place. But as there are problems with holy lights there are problems with lumber saving --> therefore the "No Saving" feature. We decided to keep both parts (holy lights and the ability to save lumber) as a part of the game, since a lot of people consider them fun or important.
We won't mix them with any new things though. So one would either have to embrace the "new path" with all changes included or choose to embrace the "old path" with all "flaws" included.

So allthough I see you point, I'm afraid there will be notihng "in between".

Best Regards
Kongk

Kongk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Morfi Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:42 am

alright. And last thing, you are probably aware of sprites/thunderbirds causing terrible delays in game. Did you address this issue and were able to fix it?

Morfi
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  Kongk Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:59 pm

Ohh, well. I was not aware that thunderbirds would cause any particular delay. But as I think I've mentioned before, the general delay in the game was drastically reduced from B8 to B11 and perhaps even more in B12. To be honest, I think that the huge amount of delay that was a part of the mega map almost from the beginning at some points rendered the game almost unplayable. Therefore, I am personally very satisfied that we managed to reduce it to a very satisfactory stage. Improving it is something we will continuously do though, so if Thunderbirds do cause some kinds of troubles in terms of delay and/or lag, we will take a look at it Wink.

Thank you for your feedback Smile

Best Regards
Kongk

Kongk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NoHeal4u Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:19 pm

Hello there.

I must say, i respect all of your work. Working just out of enthusiasm is something which must be respected the most. But..

We have been hosting your map for 2 years, supporting you and telling to the players to be patient about the minor and big bugs.

I have replied at least 1000 times about the movement bug on ranged levels and such basic errors. I don't know if we are going to host your map anymore, we might just close the shop.

Ive said it 2 years ago, apart from working for your own satisfaction, your biggest satisfaction should be the players appreciating your work. I, I just dont care anymore. I am sorry.
NoHeal4u
NoHeal4u
Captain
Captain

http://play.eslgaming.com/player/6830976/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kongk Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:34 pm

Hello NoHeal Smile

Before I say anything, it goes without saying that regardless of what you guys decide to do now, your loyal and continuous support is and will always be very much appreciated. Thank you all!

B11 was released 1 year and (almost) 8 months ago, I'm counting the days. Trust me, no person in the entire world is more sad or frustrated that we haven't been able to release the map sooner than me. Not even in my wildest dreams, did I ever think it would take so long. Sometimes things just don't go the way you expect them to go though, and this long wait is a consequence of a number of things, which I really don't want to go into details about.

The last month, both Saucer and I have been working on finishing B12. That includes actual map coding as well as alpha testing. We have fixed all the bugs appearing in the alpha testing and we are therefore very close now. In fact, we could have released the map a month ago, but since people have been waiting for so long, we would try our very best to release something stable and playable. This is why we decided to do some test rounds before releasing B12.

As usual, I won't comment on what people should do, play or host, so what you guys decide to do is completely up to you. All I can say is that we will have B12 ready within 1 or 2 weeks. This is not a guess, an expectation or a prediction. This is a sincere promise!

Best Regards
Kongk

Kongk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepes Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:23 pm

Is there any possibility to have Legion TD Mega on Dota 2 ? Smile

Pepes
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  BossHK Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:53 pm

Pepes wrote:Is there any possibility to have Legion TD Mega on Dota 2 ? Smile

That's some next level mindfuck right there.

P.S. Just on sidenote: I'v been patiently waiting b12 almoust 1,5 years, seems like its coming soon for real bounce

BossHK
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  NoHeal4u Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:27 am

Hello Kongk!

Those are the good news indeed.

As we said previously, we would gladly help you out through the testing on our bot. We have the player base, bugs and balance issues can be tracked down extremely fast due to large number of games played, you don't need to spend hours in debug mode which cant really test out the competitive exploits(when you want to win, you'll do anything possible for it).

Anyhow, i presume we can give you all the privileges as well as the promotion within our small community so people could cherish your work and you could have a place to play your game with friends and call it home.

Despite the rant I've shared in previous post, im still eagerly waiting for B12 Smile.

Best regards!
NoHeal
NoHeal4u
NoHeal4u
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  HighestIncome Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:54 pm

Hello, I just came here after a few months and i see this:
KongK wrote:All I can say is that we will have B12 ready within 1 or 2 weeks. This is not a guess, an expectation or a prediction. This is a sincere promise!

Then I said to myself "No way <my name> you are drunk, go home" Smile

I'm not playing this game (map) anymore, but if B12 satisfy me enough, i promise i will play a game or two here and there! Smile

Since the map is changed a lot (not just balance but coding and other stuff as well) i think it is kinda necessary to make a good and detailed changelog, which I besides the map, look forward to see. If you need any help with testing or with anything else regarding legion, there are ways to contact me.

Best Regards,

HI
HighestIncome
HighestIncome
Neotank

https://twitter.com/HighestIncome

Back to top Go down

Post  Morfi Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:37 pm

Death drags proved to be OP once again. WE played vs team of 4 where there was 1 builder and 3 incomers. Two lines were fully leaking of course but this wasn't a problem for mass death drags with choppa. The "leaking" line started building @12 just to delay the creeps.

Morfi
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  Kongk Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:17 pm

First of all, I want to thank you all for your support and your eagerness to help and weigh in with your opinions and experience. It is very much appreciated! Smile

Since there is no common topic here, I guess the best way to sum up will be to state some direct answers to each one of you.

@NoHeal - I'm very glad that your bot and community continuously will be a place for Legion TD testing. Your points about the disadvantages of testing in Debug are completely valid and true. Therefore, we are looking very much forward to testing the map in public games. With that many people dedicated to the course we expect that testing results will come at a quicker pace when testing publicly.

I don't know how much I will personally participate in actual testing, but sure, a game here and there, that's for sure. Wink

@HighestIncome - We will as always upload a very clear changelog. In that connection I want to specify that people who usually play B8 or earlier versions and then "jump" to B12 should check earlier changelogs as well, as the B12 changelog will only include changes from B11 to B12 and not earlier changes. All changelogs can be found in this forum Wink

@Morfi - Thank you for reporting that. Dragons are on my "to-do list", so it definitely is something I will take a look at. Wink

And btw.: You were right about Thunderbirds. We took a look at the code, and to be honest, it was insane! I completely understand that people may have experienced problems in terms of lag/delay when building several thunderbirds. We have changed the way it works now, which will optimize thunderbirds a lot in that matter. (We have also made other changes to reduce lag/delay even more in B12 Smile )

I will specify a few other things at the time of the release (which will happen some time next week), especially concerning the movement issues. Smile

Best Regards
Kongk

Kongk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kongk Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:52 am

After a very long wait, it is with great joy that I can say that B12 is ready! A lot of work han been put in it the last couple of months to get to this point. B12 has a lot of new things that I wont go into details about right now. I will with a few words try explaining some of the new things after the release.

We still need to fix some minor details (such as Changelog etc.) before the release though. Release will happen one of the following days, hopefully already tommorow. Smile

Best Regards
Kongk

Kongk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Morfi Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:57 am

awesome. please reply to this topic when you release it as I have it subscribed (email notifications)

edit: and if you could upload it to epicwar, we have a system integrated with this website

Morfi
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  NoHeal4u Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:14 am

Great news! We will try to host it immediately,filter out and report any minor problems we encounter.
NoHeal4u
NoHeal4u
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  vladimir3388 Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:25 pm

Hello, it's Vladimir's grandson here. My grampa passed away few years ago and he left me this account. His last will was to spill the ash from his urn on the day legion B12 is released. When he was at my age, he used to enjoy playing Legion TD Mega 3.41. He was talking a lot about it while I was just a little boy. In his opinion, it was almost a perfect game, but he didn't like few overpowered units in it. Then some day, few enthusiasts decided to nerf those units and make the game perfect. Unfortunately, beside fixing those units, they brought many bugs in the game and made few units so strong, they became even more powerful than any unit before and made the game completely unplayable. My poor grampa started drinking and after 10 years he decided to quit gaming and start a new life. He moved to North Korea to make sure he will never hear anything about fucking Legion TD Mega ever again. Few years before I was born, my grampa was retired and he returned to his homeland. He saw legion B12 was announced again and was thrilled about it, but nothing happened for years. He started drinking again. When I grew up a bit, we had to move to his homeland because he was in a real mess. After few years of suffering, cirrhosis of the liver finally ended his life and he left the testimony with his last will. I loved my grampa a lot and I want to fulfill his last will, so I need to know exactly when legion B12 will be released.

Best regards, Kyung-hwan

vladimir3388
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Morfi Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:34 am

vladimir3388 wrote:Hello, it's Vladimir's grandson here. My grampa passed away few years ago and he left me this account. His last will was to spill the ash from his urn on the day legion B12 is released. When he was at my age, he used to enjoy playing Legion TD Mega 3.41. He was talking a lot about it while I was just a little boy. In his opinion, it was almost a perfect game, but he didn't like few overpowered units in it. Then some day, few enthusiasts decided to nerf those units and make the game perfect. Unfortunately, beside fixing those units, they brought many bugs in the game and made few units so strong, they became even more powerful than any unit before and made the game completely unplayable. My poor grampa started drinking and after 10 years he decided to quit gaming and start a new life. He moved to North Korea to make sure he will never hear anything about fucking Legion TD Mega ever again. Few years before I was born, my grampa was retired and he returned to his homeland. He saw legion B12 was announced again and was thrilled about it, but nothing happened for years. He started drinking again. When I grew up a bit, we had to move to his homeland because he was in a real mess. After few years of suffering, cirrhosis of the liver finally ended his life and he left the testimony with his last will. I loved my grampa a lot and I want to fulfill his last will, so I need to know exactly when legion B12 will be released.

Best regards, Kyung-hwan

rip

Morfi
Peewee
Peewee

Back to top Go down

Post  HighestIncome Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:16 am

I really can't resist to be annoying due to excitement, but:

KongK on 01.11.2015. wrote:All I can say is that we will have B12 ready within 1 or 2 weeks. This is not a guess, an expectation or a prediction. This is a sincere promise!

KongK on 16.11.2015. wrote:We still need to fix some minor details (such as Changelog etc.) before the release though. Release will happen one of the following days, hopefully already tommorow.

Today's date is 20.11.2015. So may I ask what are we waiting for now? I mean it's ok to wait more with a reason, but why would you promise something that you can't do?

Best Regards,

HI

HighestIncome
HighestIncome
Neotank

https://twitter.com/HighestIncome

Back to top Go down

Post  Saucer Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:24 am

HighestIncome wrote:I really can't resist to be annoying due to excitement, but:

[..]

Today's date is 20.11.2015. So may I ask what are we waiting for now? I mean it's ok to wait more with a reason, but why would you promise something that you can't do?

Well, I promised Kongk that I'd take care of the B12 release, like, a week ago... so that's why.

Saucer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saucer Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:27 am

Aaaand here we go... at long last Wink

Download Beta 12:

(link)
mediafire.com/download/8dr6ljel2m284sy/Legion_TD_Mega_3.5_(B12).w3x

Saucer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NoHeal4u Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:39 am

OMG Very Happy
NoHeal4u
NoHeal4u
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next