Legion TD War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Suggestions - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggestions

Post  PROcuratorDotA Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:28 am

What i do is only spamming the ideas which i want to see in the next versions. The problem of including them into the game is egze's job if he wants them of course. I'd love to see except mentioned "future" improvments also hybrid cost balance (now it's too high - read next paragraph) and tower fightings (yeah that would be cool).

Hybrid - when we had only basic races it was ust known which lvls choose to have statistically highest chances to get, aura and affecting the others, units which were most desired ones for sure. Now it changed, much more races creeped to the game and disturbed this balance. There are no longer lvls which gives u tanks, auras, good ranges dps' so we need to compensate it somehow. The easiest way to compensate it is to fix the costs of those lvls. Basicly the costs were higher than the average of all units' price, it was reasoned by knowing which lvls are for what. Now it changed, we probably won't get anything what we want in a right place that oftenly so we need to seriously think about cost of hybrid's untis what i encourage egze to do Wink.

@guy4 thx for ur participate in this some kind of discussion. Probably u and others who like my ideas can encourage egze to do what i suggest by expressing ur approvals. I'm saying that not cause i think my ideas are AWESOME, nice and the only ones, nah, no. Imma saying it because i rly think that egze is doing it for us, for dull players.

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Post  guy4 Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:43 pm

Yeah E, is one of the few developers that actually listens to what people are requesting which is actually great. The original legion 1 forum had awesome suggestions that were just never looked at or developed (not taking away the genius of lisk), but I think Lisk's development speed was a bit on the slow cautious side, so the game started off amzing, and then never really expanded like legion 2 is expanding.

I totally 100% agree on a hybrid lessening the costs. currently it is the most difficult race to play (unless you get lucky of course) because of the reasons you gave. Like tier 3 used to be the best for range and aura. lvl 2 I didnt really use by now its so risky, especially if you pay 45 gold for a 25 gold thief Smile. Lvl 1 you could spam and upgrade early but now its more difficult, with things like mines, which need to be built as far back as possible are a bit of a waste of gold when they appear in front. Tier 5 is 205 with the majority of units below 200 gold even though they nce units. Tier 4 is an awesome tier for sick units like archon but way overpriced, nearly all units are 130 or below (even though you paying 135 gold)unless you get exceptionally lucky and get a harlot (your odds of getting a harlot used to be much higher before elf, dwarf, goblin, artic) so the cost defintely needs to reduce for tier 4.

I mean we talking reducing by small amounts. This is just my opinion but a fixed formula should be used to calculate the tier values i.e. find the average cost of all the units for a tier then add on a small percentage onto the cost and round it up i.e. lets say the average cost per tier 1 unit is 15 gold lets say 10% was added to each tier cost then tier 1 should be 15 * 1.1 = 16.5 and 16.5 runded up will be 17 (like it currently is).

The percentage can be any variable that was just an example

guy4
Respected
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  PROcuratorDotA Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:31 am

4 Tier is Medicine Man ;p, Tier 5 is harlot - 180 cost (for basic 205)...

The point is that i am no longer sure should we round costs of random tiers up. Note that we are still having some problems with this pissing off placements which if not will be fixed will never provide us in rounded up costs (taking it wisely i mean how it's ain't now), cause random places is bigger disadvantage than various types of units advantage is. Also if we play cb mode hybrid is ust useless as long we dont random it (that would be OMG). Next thing - balance hybrid when we play this mode - I recommend something new for hybrid imho not bad idea listen (unnessesarily only on -cb mode).

Hybrid should have some possibility to change its units. Most of us agree that replacing them is ust too good but big cost of this operation which makes it uneffective (cause of too high price for now). I invented something else - Hybrid pays for re-random ALL towers it has. This operation can has direct cost or cost depending of: lvl/number and power of towers/food used on them. There is no sense in explaining this idea, i think its quite obvious and easy. egze - think about that.

Anyway, egze is upsent for some time i hope he will be back. I'd love to see my solutions in the living game ^^.

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Post  PROcuratorDotA Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:24 am

Ok, its high time to have whole proposal for egze of Forge uporades for units and items for King in LegionTD, lets rock!

Forge:
Hybrid -
Mech - Veterans defence training: +1 to armor, gives 30% chance to decrease incoming dmg by 10, lowers dmg by 5; Zeuses' superior machineguns: +6 dmg, +20% as, no dmg from lightning, lowered range, chance to miss - about 20% can depend on range, Cyborg platement: gives fortified type of armor, ups hp to Krogoth's - (not global, alternative upgrade); Krogoth's fastspinning saws: deals +20% dmg to unarmoured, +15% to light, +10% to medium, +5% to fortified, +3% to critical attack, +15% as, -200hp, armor changed to light; Pyro's long barrels: +50 range, gives attack which affects further placed units in line, lowers as by 10% increases dmg by 3, Leviathans multisplinters bombs: less dmg to single target, 100% chance to splinter.
Mechanical - Shredders' caterpillars: melee range dmg (20-30 per secarond), increases armor by 2, decreases hp by 20%; Crazy healing aura: gives some% chance to bounce heal each time it heals full hp unit, also some chance to heal the enemy; Thief's sticky hands: gives double bounty if thief kills the enemy (need lvl 7+); Goblin's baloon bouncing bombs: +2 bounces, -300hp or little less dmg; Flaming suits: Gives +6 dmg to flame aura but also deals same dmg for this goblin, upgrade range of aura, lowers armor to 0.
Beast - Harpies' razor feathers: gives +15 dmg but no poison; Ogre's massive club: +12 (+30 to Pulverizer) dmg, +5% to stun +20% more dmg from stun +0.1 stun, -20% as; Gnoll's Frenzy: when hp drops below 20%, +50% as, no poison, 0 armor; Concentrated Flaming breathe: no splash dmg, +50% dmg; Troll fighter (alternative upgrade) - no aura, much more upgraded dmg, as etc.; Sharp Claws: +40dmg from Greymane 0 armor, medium type, -150 hp.
Freeze - Dispersed Chilling Breathe: -50% dmg from dragons' attack, much better splash; Piercing harpoons: hrimthrusha attacks ignore 3 armor, hrimthrusha gets stunned when attacked/ -60hp; Razor Scythe: gives +10% to critical attack to magnatuars, changes attack type to medium (if its not, i dont remember), lowers as by 5%; Troll's shielding spell: similiar ability to naga's sorcerees, removes aura; Wandigoo's agility: +5/+10% to avoid attack, +20% as, -25 dmg, -200/-350 hp, +30 ms.
Dwarf - Thane's chainlighting attack (did u play HoM&M V? here Thanes get chaining attack) gives 1-1 dmg attack, lowers as by 40%, each attack Thane deals 40 dmg thunder chain to maximum 14 units; Healing skills: Every time nearby friendly unit to Paladin/War priest gets hurt below 30% hp, Paladin/War priest heals it by 150/300 hp, stops Paladin for little time; General defence aura; instead of +range dmg gives +armor, Archmage gets some spell to compensate; Currently I've no more ideas about dwarves.
Elf - Long bows (all bow-like units): Gives incredible range adjustment, +3 dmg, -7% as; Long piercing pikes: Gives bonus dmg +90 for first attack, and bonus 10 dmg for each one and increases range from melee to about 150, -15% as, -30 ms; Walker in the shadow: Slayer and Wardens vanish when attack for 0.8 sec, -200/-400 hp, also increases Warden's dmg by 20 and Slayer's ability by 5 dmg per stack.
Demi-Human - Brutal tearing: Bigfoot doesnt have tremor no longer but has increased dmg by 90; Oracle agressive buff: instead of protecting shield gives to same untis +13% as, oracle loses his magic range attack to melee medium one (same statistics); Troll's uncumbered nets: trolls throw nets much oftener, waht's more they also stops enemies from attacking, decreases dmg from regular attacks by 30%; Seduction: one random unit starts attacking others but with no risk to be hurt by them for 5-7 seconds.
Elemental - Elementary upgrade: Protons are more effective (+as, dmg, hp, range); Red wind: Blue wind is much more effective (25dmg, 4 attacks), dmg of attack lowered to 1-1; Bulletproof: Phoenixes get hurt much harder by attacks as long as they have mana shield, armor drops to -6 when shield is not activeded; Messiah diplomatic staff: Attacked messiahis immediately covered by shield stoping 95% of dmg for 4 seconds, when disappears his dmg is lowered to 20-20; Thick skin: unarmoured type of armor to Golems, +3 armor, +160 hp, but -25 dmg.
Marine - Crazy Murlocs - +45 ms, +15% as, -5% dmg, -2 armor, +10% hp; Disgusting Lobsters: Lobsters lose their Delicacy and whats more they sell for 10% basic cost but have more dmg and hp; triple-headed coordination: Hydras get regular triple attack but lose some dmg (about 60% of basic, note that it sucks against bosses); Really bad storm clouds: Mistresses summon clouds which deals dmg more often and also higher to 4 units but doesnt heal allies, this spell is chanelling; Spitting spines: komodo gets range attack with poison but deals 10 less dmg and has -10% as; Trident's training: they have +25 dmg, +3% to stun, +5% as (also slightly increases basic Trident cost)
Nature - Guardians' guard: gives +4 armor and +3hp regen/sec to nearby friend instead of entangling its foes; Ageing touch: Attack of Tree of Time gets special buff -5% as and ms per stack, Tree loses its aura; Resin of life: each attack dealt to Tree of Life heals allied unit by 50 dmg, +300 hp, -40dmg; Wisely and roughly: Tree of knowledge doesnt explode any more but returns 40% of dealt dmg to its source, armor is reduced to 0.

next part tomorrow: Wink

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Post  PROcuratorDotA Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:49 pm

I saw one drawback in many units (i.e. Sword Mage, 6tier elf etc.). Average dmg is not shown properly - 69 is not 70-80.

Another thing - Moon Guard imho should have Fan of Knives too, why it doesnt? Better if not upgraded version - tier 6 (forgot the name) would have dodge instead of fan of knives, just would be more reasonable.
Axe thrower is nerfed too much, it has too many hp anyway, it isn't tank nor dps though it's supposed to be the only high tier dps in dwarves, isn't it? Hm, misterious thing.

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Post  guy4 Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:47 pm

@PROC. I think it would be nice for the correct average dmg to be shown correctly just for completeness sake. I just use the att spd and calculate avg dmg in my head to work out if the units dps per gold is good or not, but I suppose some guys that are slower at maths might struggle with this. IMO, the most important stats is DPS per gold and HP per gold. Those 2 stats on the units could replace the 2 current attributes i.e. the damage stat is inaccurate and can be replaced by DPS per gold and the hp stats isnt needed as you can see how much HP the unit has. Things like attspd are awesome attributes to show as they arent shown anywhere but in the stats ( I love the fact that this is shown thanks EGZE).

Agreed about fan of knives and axe thrower (more dps or making its spell work and less HP for axe thrower). Maybe more hp for the dwarf and less dps (the dwarf before its upgraded to axeman). It does about 100 dps (even though its siege dmg) which is very good for 180 gold but 800 hp is not very good HP per gold compared to DPS per gold. I know the dwarf has ability to take less dmg so its meant to be a tank so perhaps adjusting that would help too (not that dwarf needs any more tanks because they got awesome tanks and a lack of DPS to balance it Smile).

guy4
Respected
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  PROcuratorDotA Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:32 pm

Some day I will have to seat on all stats (dps, hp, special abilities, types of armor) and calculate it to have proper balance. Damn, that will be very boring ;/

PROcuratorDotA

Back to top Go down

Post  eGze Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:03 pm

PROcuratorDotA wrote:Damn, that will be very boring ;/
I know something about that cheers
eGze
eGze
Admin
Admin

https://legiontd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  guy4 Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:03 pm

if you go to www.legiontd.com there are spreadsheets with all this information for the legiontd 1 races. That will help a lot. let me know if you need the exact link. The way EGZE has done it though of having the stats on the map (before you buy the untis) is way better though (when I saw it for the first time I was so stoked), its just too much for new guys to memorize the towers that are the best DPS per gold and HP per GOLD from a spreadsheet.

guy4
Respected
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2